Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xciteurmom

initial...improvement?

Well Ive read so much about the initial breakout on accutane, but Ive been on it one week today and have already noticed some pretty solid improvement. Some of the marks I previously had have really gone down/disappeared.

However, right when I started taking accutane I also stopped drinking pop and tried to cut back on fast food, and started drinking water.

Which do you think this is attributed to, the diet or the accutane? Do you think this is just the "calm before the storm" and my big breakout is looming? Did anyone else see pretty quick results with accutane?

not everyone experiences the initial breakout

those that do get it in the 2nd week (i did) if it didnt hit you then you, count your lucky starts and dont worry about it

I cleared up pretty nicely for about a month, got a breakout, and have been clearing since! My breakout was not worse than my worst breakout pre accutane.

I cleared up pretty nicely for about a month, got a breakout, and have been clearing since! My breakout was not worse than my worst breakout pre accutane.

so u have been clear since? what have u been doing?

it depends on the person. I am a month into accutane. my initial breakout was hell and i still get a new white head every day. so some old ones went away others are still coming. the huge cyst is smaller now i think it will take another 2 -3 weeks for it to disappear. some people have messy starts others dont.

My best advice is dont worry about it if it happens it happens nothing you can really do.

I saw a noticeable change in just a few days. I have been on it since 2/6/06 and have yet to have a major breakout. On occasion, I get a whitehead or two, but nothing as serious as I used to have.

it depends on the person. I am a month into accutane. my initial breakout was hell and i still get a new white head every day. so some old ones went away others are still coming. the huge cyst is smaller now i think it will take another 2 -3 weeks for it to disappear. some people have messy starts others dont.

My best advice is dont worry about it if it happens it happens nothing you can really do.

Hi yoyoman how did you managed to go through your initial breakout?

I am just starting roaccutane. This is my 10th day and I am getting a hell initial break out..

which makes me feel more STRESS than before..

OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME....

I want to cry already.

Trying my best to avoid all ocassion.

I reject all my friend request to go out.. ...

@Corrine- I was just like you except my initial breakout was proverbly worse take a HUGE cyst with like 4 white heads in it and another 10 - 15 flakey white heads with a flakey nose and you had me ... i didnt feel like going to school but life sucked and i had an exam that day. What happened surprised me. I had 2 cute girls flirt with me that day. 1 who liked me from before and the other one was pretty random. Most of my friends didnt say anything. Most people who already know you and like you tend to overlook your flaws.

Try not to make any first impressions

Player rule: Smile! studies have shown that even if your have flaws (acne) the action of the smile is what really matters trust me chicks will smile back :)

It wasnt all good though later in the night i went to work out. One of my friends in the gym was like man what happened to your face were you swimming or something. I was like no i am just having a bad reaction to this one drug. He didnt mean it in a harsh way so no harm done.

Its ~ 2 weeks later

the cyst is flaking and receding (cured mostly by moisturizer)

I have 4 active white heads and tons of red marks and bumps from old ones

Moisturize your skin it helps.

oh and GO OUT !!!

Lack of self esteem will hurt your social life alot more then acne or anything else. Acne is a bitch and some days are better then others. If your breakout is hell it will recede. For guys like us Accutane takes a LONG time to work. you cant keep yourself locked up. your friends wont give a damn if you have acne just be a fun person to be around and your acne wont be a problem.

Something great to do is hit up the gym. I've found it really refresh's me. an added bonus is by the summer you'll have great skin and a great body.

Workout info here

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html

rock on

~Yoyoman21

Same here.. I am on my third week and haven't had anything bad happen yet.. (knock on wood). I think I was trying to prepare myself for the worse. I also have been extremely careful about cleaning my face and using lots of moisterizers so maybe this is why. Hopefully I will just continue my good results and not get too bad. Goodluck! :dance:

While taking this roaccutane do you need to be on some kind of diet? :shifty: and i've heard that after you finish this treatment you'll never have to worry about the a-problem :shhh: ever again, is it true? oh well, silly me, another question... does it cause depression/next to suicide :confused: ?