Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lotsofsnails

have any of u got clear skin but been dissatisfied with it?

like I think I'm finally clear due to dan's regimen. and i thought i'd be ecstatic but now i still think i look rough.

have any of u ever found this?

yeah, I don't really like my skin tone, it's too pale n seems blotchy, so I still wear loads of concealer and foundation.

Yeah.. Apparently my skin is "clear", personally I disagree, maybe my skin is just shit acne or no acne.

i'm pretty much "clear" now...except for a few hardly noticeable red marks here and there but overall, skin is still :confused:. it has improved quite a bit. i guess it just needs more time.

I'm almost almost clear facial acne-wise I am so close to clear skin I can taste it. Although I don't have dan's regimen to thank for that, in my case it was due to proactive.

...And yes I too am a victim of acne's aftermath... a couple patches of contrasting skin tones here and there... on top of that my skin is dryed up like the dickens.

Even if my skin is clear of acne I have a million red marks that look just as bad so until those are gone too I probably won't be satisfied. Even if everything was gone I'd probably still feel the need for foundation. I have huge pores!

My skin has almost no more pimples because I'm on accutane but sooooooooooooooo many red marks so I'm still very dissatisfied with my skin still.

When I'm having a bad breakout, I usually don't bother looking at myself, but when i'm relatively clear, I still tend to make a big deal even when it's just a couple of spots...so yeah, I know what ya mean smolina!

whenever my skin gets completely clear, I say "yay, I'm cured! Let's celebrate with pizza and ice cream!" and.. next morning it's not clear anymore.. constant cycle...

do you still have redmarks? If you do then of course your still gonna feel like crap. Redmarks are very depressing. No matter what you do it takes forever to go away. So your never gonna feel completely comfortable until the red marks go away.

BTW, nobody is really "clear" if you still got redmarks.

I think you ALL should check out the green cream thread in the OTC forum ....

I am starting to feel like I'm on endless repeat on this subject, but it really is a great product. It works to even out skin tone, fade red & brown marks, soften the appearance of mild scars and facial lines, and generally recondition your skin. You start seeing a real difference after just a few weeks.

And no, I'm not selling it ... just a really satisfied user ...

do you still have redmarks? If you do then of course your still gonna feel like crap. Redmarks are very depressing. No matter what you do it takes forever to go away. So your never gonna feel completely comfortable until the red marks go away.

BTW, nobody is really "clear" if you still got redmarks.

youre clear of bumps/pimples

I'm pretty happy now even though my skin has a long way to go to be flawless. I accept that I have some scars and marks from old acne that may take forever to go away, and I deal with it. I still hope for more improvement and will try to do what I can within reason to fade red marks and even the texture of my skin, but one can only do so much. Now that I'm only dealing with old marks and the occasional errant pimple, it's so much easier to cope with emotionally.

I think it's very important for anyone who has made progress on any regimen (Dan's, Accutane, Proactiv, dietary, whatev) to recognize that progress and be content. It worries me because sometimes I read posts here that suggest that a few people are so emotionally troubled that they seem to want themselves to fail (so they can feel sorry for themselves? so that they don't have to acknowledge what they look like without acne? who knows). I get concerned when I see posts that suggest that no amount of progress or skin improvement could ever satisfy a person. I'm definitely not a fan of self-sabotage, and I'm very pro-realism. I really like reading posts/logs by people who recognize that they have made progress and are happy about it, rather than angry for not making more.

I'm clear from Dan's regimen and although I love having clear skin, its not what I thought it would be like. I used to think all my problems were due to acne, but now getting rid of it has just made me realise that there are bigger problems to deal with and I was just using acne as an excuse.

I'm pretty much clear, but I have some scarring.

I had punch floats and a dermabrasion and I got A LOT of improvement.

I'm getting just my cheeks done this summer so about 6 months after that I'll probably feel pretty good about my skin.

Guest Tenshi

with makeup, i look flawless but underneath i have a bit of discoloration..i also have a dark circle problem and shadows..so makeup basically solves everything.. maybe in a couple of months when ive finished accutane (8 months) it would have passed. i dont really mind ot be honest, what i have now is far better then what i used to be. so im grateful..

yeah, i know what you mean. I got cleared on dynacin and im just really discolored. im half hispanic and the rest of my body is a lot tanner than my face. its sad. my face is just light with red marks and scars. i wonder if laser treatment could correct some of htis. it is very mild

Yeah, I got clear but was still left with a rough complexion, some blotchiness and enlarged pores. :|

It's funny, cause I never noticed all this stuff when I had acne....hmmmm. :dry:

The good news, I have improved my complexion by using the Neutrogena Dermabrasion kit 2-3x a week, and LionQueen is right...the Green Cream is making my skin look really nice. :D

I can accept the fact that my skin will never be perfect, poreless and crystal clear.....it won't happen,........ but I still think my skin is looking very good.

Guest Dwight_Sheila69

My skin is totally clear, but my pores fuckin suck nuts.