Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kei_fujo

best powder foundation?

there are many foundation questions, but i like powder foundations. i have been using covergirl simply powder, but i just wanted to get some opinions. i tried pure luxe mineral makeup and i may not have been applying it right but i didn't care for it. it was really streaky on my nose. like i had smeared liquid makeup down it.

bumping to see if anyone else has some input. i know someone out there has to use a powder foundation like me.

What level of coverage are you looking for? I have merle norman powder foundation that I use on top of the aqua base, or alone. It's quite good -- hasn't made me flake or break out at all. My only problem is that I like to apply it with a damp sponge for better coverage and a nicer finish, but when I do this it seems to wipe off some of my concealer. It's easy to deal with -- I just put a second layer of concealer on (it's only the dark, fresh red marks that show through -- it only gets off a teeny bit of concealer -- so it's not much extra), and then set it with some of the powder with a dry sponge. I don't think this is an HG for me but if you prefer powder foundations, it has decent coverage when applied damp and hasn't done anything bad to my skin. Also, it's relatively inexpensive, I think it's $28.

Physicians Formula has a new powder out called Mineral Wear Mineral Face Powder. It works as a dual powder and foundation for me. It looks natural on my face, doesn't clog my pores, and is dermatologist approved. I like using mineral powders because they are good for my sensitive acne prone skin. And so far I've experienced no new breaouts since using this makeup, so I definitely plan to keep using it!

The ONLY foundation that I've found that doesn't break me out is Bare Minerals. I looks very natural and covers well. Buying a Kabuki brush to apply it helps immensely- it helps to cover better.