Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
faded-star

6 steps to clearer skin! Great for Oilyskin!

I though I should share this with everyone who is suffering from cystic acne as I was. I had 2 or 3 cysts at a time and the second one went away another one came back. My doctor perscribed somthing that really messed up my skin... made it all dry and didn't help the cyst at all! I gave up on it and decided to search for the answer. I found that if you put egg whites on your face with lemon juice it really works! It took I believe about 1- 2 weeks to take effect maybe faster.. I can't exactly remember.

Instructions

1 Get one egg and crack it make sure you only get the egg whites out!

Egg whites are the clear liquid inside the egg so anything that white or yellow do not include in the bowl. If anything else besides the egg whites are in the bowl do your best trying to et it out or start over.

2 Get papertowel and a timer if you can't keep track of time (like me)

3 Apply the egg whites to your face with the paper towel. * Make sure you fold the paper towel first and dip it into the egg whites *

4 Set the timer or time it for 15 minutes and after 15 minutes rinse the egg off. You'll notice your skin gets tighter when you have the egg on your face. Don't worry it's normal and sometimes it is quite hard to talk :P untill you get the eggwhites off.

5 Get lemon juice from any store (i mean lemon juice thats in a container not for you to squeeze the juices out of a lemon...)

6 Apply the lemon juice strait to your face. It might burn or it might not it depends and if it does burn it doesn't really hurt at all.

You can store the extra egg white in your fridge so you dont have to waist an egg everytime. I would like to hear if this helps you or not or if you have any questions just post!

7 (this step is optionaly but highly recommended) Every 2 or 3 days you should exfoliate your skin. Only every 2 or 3 days.. DONT exfoliate your skin everyday it will cause your skin to produce more oils and therefore you'll hae more acne. This helps prevent anymore acne. I forgot to do that this week and I endup gettin more white heads.. :rolleyes: To exfoliate your skin you could use an exfoliant or the following:

Mix baking soda with lemon juice to make a paste. Wet your face first! Then apply it to your face and rub in for 15 - 20 seconds then wash off. It might start to sting if you don't fully wash it off I did that by mistake once.. ouch. Only do sections of your skin at a time dont leave it on in one area then go to the next area wash it off first!

NOTE: This will probably burn if your using it in dry skin areas ( mostly the cheeks ) but I highly recomend you do use it. You can use it before the egg whites or after it doesn't matter. I usually use it before and sometimes i use it after.

If your wondering what the eggwhites do they have protien in them which helps rebuild your face. Your face will feel alot firmer and better after daily use of eggwhites. It also soaks up oil so its great for oily skin. I always had a problem keeping the oil off of my face for longer than and hour at least and eggwhites keep oil of your face for quite some time.

The lemon juice helps get red of redness. After a few uses it really does work. I still have red marks on my face its true but they werre alot worse before.

I'm currently experimemnting with mixing the eggwhites and lemon juice together so about in a week i'll let you know if it works aswell.

You should do this everymorning and every night. If you can't do it in the morning definatly do it at night!

Hope this helped!

Goodluck!

*sTar

oh yeah, there was a HUGE thread about this same procedure about a year ago, and everyone loved it. This really does work very well, but I don't do it anymore because it takes alot of time, and I am in college in a dorm. Bummer.

The thing is, whether it gets rid of acne or not, it really levels out the tone of your skin. Even if you have bumps and pimples, if there is no redness, you look fine.

The way it was before, you take egg white and mix in lemon juice, the use an EGG BEATER to make it a froth. you put that on your face for 10 minutes or so.

Exfoliation was dilluted baking soda, washehd off, then rinsing your face with Apple Cider Vinegar. ACV did something to even out pH since baking soda is so basic.

It was so time consuming but really worked wonders.