Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
barbie

My Bio Oil Diary

Hi everybody,

I am now free of acne (but still get the odd spot or cyst, about 1 a month) but I still look like I have acne because of the marks left on my face. It is making me very depressed. I am not sure if they are red marks or scars.

Descriptions of marks/scars

Forehead: one brown mark (has been there about 6 months) and one circle shaped slightly indented patch (has been there about 3 years).

Chin: slightly indented pale purple mark (has been there about 6 months).

Upper lip: A tiny purple mark (has been there just over a month).

Right Cheek: A very strange cirlce where I picked a spot which is bright red and shiny (has been there about 2 weeks, this is the one that upsets me the most, it is so bright red and shiny, it does not look like normal skin texture at all.)

Left Cheek: 8 small brown dots (been there about 4 years), 1 large dark red dent (been there about 2 months), pink circle with dent in the middle (been there about 2 weeks), and a pale pink mark (been there about 1 year).

I really want to have nice skin, and have read about Bio Oil in a magazine, and have decided to give it a go. I bought some from the Chemist yesterday. Today is my first day of using it. I massaged it into the marks/scars this morning. I am going to keep a diary of my progress (if any - I am very sceptical of scar potions!) but I am so desperate I will give anything a try. I will be updating once a week.

Guest chon_bon

hey great. i use bio oil too for a burn scar i had on my cheek. it actually worked for me. i suggest massaging it onto your scars 3 times a day for 1-2 minutes

Hi Chon Bon,

How long did it take before you noticed any difference in the scar? Thanks for the suggestion of using 3 times a day and massaging for 1 to 2 minutes, I will give this a try.

Barbie x

My daily regime is now:

MORNING

Cleanse with simple cleanser.

Exfoliate with the Body Shop seaweed exfoliater.

Tone with cold water.

Apply bio oil to scars/marks and massage in for 1 minute.

Wait 30 minutes then apply simple moisteriser.

EVENING

Cleanse with simple cleanser.

Tone with cold water.

Apply bio oil to scars/marks and massage in for 1 minute.

ONCE A WEEK

Use tea tree face mask from the Body Shop.

ONE WEEK OF USING BIO OIL

I have noticed that all the marks/scars look softer, but apart from that there has been no change. It has also made my skin greasy and I have got a few pimples this week (that could just be a coincedece though). I will stick with it and let you know how it goes.

It tells you about it on their website

http://www.bio-oil.info/

WEEK TWO OF BIO OIL

Forehead: one brown mark: THIS MARK LOOKS LESS NOTICEABLE

Forehead: one circle shaped slightly indented patch: NO CHANGE

Chin: slightly indented pale purple mark: NO CHANGE

Upper lip: A tiny purple mark: THIS MARK LOOKS SOFTER AND LESS NOTICEABLE

Right Cheek: A very strange cirlce where I picked a spot which is bright red and shiny: THIS MARK IS NOW DARK PINK AND SHINY LOOKING

Left Cheek: 8 small brown dots: THESE MARKS LOOK SOFTER

1 large dark red dent: NO CHANGE

Pink circle with dent in the middle: THIS IS NOW A RED DENT BUT THE PINK CIRCLE HAS GONE

A pale pink mark: THIS MARK LOOKS SOFTER

THE PIMPLES THAT I BROKE OUT IN HAVE GONE DOWN, BUT THE BIO OIL IS STILL GREASY ON MY FACE. OVERALL MY FACE IS LOOKING SOFTER THIS WEEK, BUT AS YOU CAN SEE FROM ABOVE THERE IS NO MIRICALE DISAPEARANCE OF SCARS.

Bio oil is shit. Does not improve the appearance of scars what so ever.

I used it for about 3 months and no change to the scar, and it just made my skin greasy as fuck. YUCK lol

I had a blackhead on my chin and picked it and it would not go. I have picked it so much, and now there is a huge weeping mark on my chin, which will probably turn into a scab, and then another scar. great. I wish I could stop picking at my skin.

I am now going to stop using Bio Oil as my face has become greasy with a lot of blackheads. I am not going to be using any scar treatments until the horrible scab has gone on my chin and until the blackheads start to go. Then I will look for something different to use as bio oil has not been suitable for my skin at the moment.