Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
QualityAssurance

worst nightmare come true

im beyond depressed now..

ive gone from clear skin -> mild acne -> burn mark + couple zits -> severe acne

seriously my entire face is breaking out.. i have 2-3 cysts.. about 10 minor bumps and the whole right side of my face is swollen and bumpy.. its like i had an allergic reaction to something in the product i was taking.. I had a scab on my face cause of a burn mark and it started falling off.. and all i have is raw skin underneath!!! it looks like its bleeding in some places! when i feel my skin its all bumpy underath its scary! my whole face is RUINED i seriously dont want to go outside and im not going to work. i didnt even look to bad this morning, maybe 6/10? now im about 2/10..

i 100% blame VICHY NORMADERM.. after using these products my face is totally screwed beyond words and i feel like my life is over.. i mean shit i dont even know what to do now. this is the worst i couldve ever imagined it.

sorry for the rant bu tim really upset. i might even go on accutane and destroy my body so i can show up to work

oh and if anyone has any ideas how to fix my damaged face let me know.. its not even really acne its just Inflammed angry pores.. no whiteheads or pussy filled zits.. maybe take an anti inflammatory like ibuprofin? whatever was in this product i used totally burned off my skin.. my skin feels totally different now and for the worse. . it has a gummy texture to it. I'll go to a derm I guess but mostly they give out stuff that burns more skin off.. thx again

go to a derm...I had the same porblem

where form are u in canada

near vancouver.. buddy before i went to bed my skin was inflammed beyond all belief on the burn side.. all my pores were raised and angry then i took ibuprofin and some neosporin (just on the worst burn part) and my skin is literally 3x better, my several cysts shrunk quite a bit. maybe I just needed some sleep to? I think part of the problem was me scratching off the dead skin, i wasnt doing it roughly but touching my skin at all really pisses it off.. it was a week after the burn so i figured it would be ready to come off.

im gonna stop doing everything to my skin at all aside from neo spot treating and see if it calms down and heals itself and when its calm im gonna try "Green Cream" and maybe 2.5% bp spot treating

then i took ibuprofin and some neosporin (just on the worst burn part) and my skin is literally 3x better, my several cysts shrunk quite a bit. maybe I just needed some sleep to? I think part of the problem was me scratching off the dead skin, i wasnt doing it roughly but touching my skin at all really pisses it off.. it was a week after the burn so i figured it would be ready to come off.

im gonna stop doing everything to my skin at all aside from neo spot treating and see if it calms down and heals itself and when its calm im gonna try "Green Cream" and maybe 2.5% bp spot treating

Neosporin is a great spot treatment ... just keep using that on the red parts and taking ibuprofen and leave it all alone as much as you can. You need to heal!

Drink a lot of water, too, and take your vitamins ... and I may have suggested this to you before ... essential fatty acid capsules to help your skin repair itself. You can order them from drugstore.com -- search for Total EFA.

whats green cream

High-potency retinol lotion. There's a huge thread on Green Cream in the OTC medications forum.

Neosporin is a great spot treatment ... just keep using that on the red parts and taking ibuprofen and leave it all alone as much as you can. You need to heal!

What about aloe vera or just moisturizer? my doctor told me to leave it alone and it will heal.. but its been a week.

how abut in Canada

what does this stuff do exactly

It's kind of like Retin A. Not as strong; much less irritating. Appropriate for treating mild/moderate acne, maintaining skin post-Accutane or post-Retin A, and for reconditioning skin post-acne (it clears redmarks, brightens skin, etc.)

There is a whole thread on Green Cream in the OTC medications forum, another in the Red Marks forum, plus I've been keeping a regimen log since my first week using it. I don't really want to go through it all again here, so if you're interested please check those threads out -- and if you still have questions you are more than welcome to PM me.

I think that www.dianayvonne.com offers the best shipping deals to Canada.

There is also a greencream website: www.greencream.com

Q

see I was told after tane dont put any topicals on yor face ..u will make the skin irritated and the acne will come back

see I was told after tane dont put any topicals on yor face ..u will make the skin irritated and the acne will come back

That sounds like total bullshit to me. How are you supposed to maintain the clear pores? As LabGirl81 once said, that's like suffering thru years of braces and not wearing your retainer.

Lots of derms prescribe Taz or Retin A as a follow-on treatment ... you just have to ease into them gradually ... but if you are sick of seeing your derm by then, Green Cream is a great OTC alternative. :)

dont those make u oily and dry?

They clear your pores, so the oil flows more freely to the surface; that can certainly make you appear more oily. They do not stimulate sebum production.

They increase the rate of skin cell turnover from roughly 30 days to 5-6 days. So you do get dead skin flaking off periodically, and you do have to exfoliate it. But no, it is not a sign of dehydration.

Here's a link to a good article on retinoids in Dermatology Times:

Retinoids

Nia Terezakis, the derm interviewed for the article, is the creator of Green Cream.

see I'm on differin and clindoly now and thats what those do to me...I hate it...they make my skin red...when I stsrat accutane a week after I wills top using them

see I'm on differin and clindoly now and thats what those do to me...I hate it...they make my skin red...when I stsrat accutane a week after I wills top using them

Not everyone's skin tolerates retinoids (and similar products, like Differin) well. Green Cream is a whole lot less irritating, which is why I use it.

Hope you have better luck with the 'tane.

Guest PokaHotAz

what do u exfoliate with while using this "green cream"?

Not everyone's skin tolerates retinoids (and similar products, like Differin) well. Green Cream is a whole lot less irritating, which is why I use it.

Hope you have better luck with the 'tane.

I hope so too, I hope it wors and I dont have acne anymore? what do u mean by exflolaiing...

I use the infamous battery-powered Oral B toothbrush. Some people use AHAs or SA, but I am afraid to have so many products working on my skin at once ... the toothbrush gives me better control so I don't destroy my face ...

I use the infamous battery-powered Oral B toothbrush. Some people use AHAs or SA, but I am afraid to have so many products working on my skin at once ... the toothbrush gives me better control so I don't destroy my face ...

That scares me...I dont want to aggrave my skin?

What about aloe vera or just moisturizer? my doctor told me to leave it alone and it will heal.. but its been a week.

I never use aloe vera ... don't know much about it ... some find it very irritating.

If you feel dry, by all means use a moisturizer, but if it burns or irritates your skin, STOP. At night you might try jojoba or emu oil ... they're too greasy for daytime use but make really nice, simple, non-clogging moisturizers for night.

If your skin is already red and irritated, you should just give it a rest. Lay off the Differin for a day or two and see if that helps. And don't do any of this stuff once you start the Accutane.

I never use aloe vera ... don't know much about it ... some find it very irritating.

If you feel dry, by all means use a moisturizer, but if it burns or irritates your skin, STOP. At night you might try jojoba or emu oil ... they're too greasy for daytime use but make really nice, simple, non-clogging moisturizers for night.

If your skin is already red and irritated, you should just give it a rest. Lay off the Differin for a day or two and see if that helps. And don't do any of this stuff once you start the Accutane.

yea I plan to stop a week after I start.///

what should I do like hygien wise

what should I do like hygien wise

When you're on Accutane? I assume you use the gentlest cleanser possible and spot-treat with neosporin or a hydrocortisone cream. But I've never been on Accutane so I'm going to bow out now. :)

well i use la roche posay effaclr cleanser its very gentle, ph balance and soap free..its really good my derm told me about it...

but what about moistisers