Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SweetJade1980

Enema Suggestions

OK, so not the most comfortable topic for me, but I just have to ask. Denise mention something the other day about facial hair disappearing when she does liver flushes and that has renewed my interest in trying the liver flush again for the third time....only this time adding the enema to hopefully prevent a breakout backlash :eh:

My diet has helped lesson the body hair, but if I can reduce it even further I'm all for it. So I did some searching about liver flushes and hirsutism and there's a few other members (on curezone) that have achieved similar results. I already tried the Coptis & Chinese Bitters tonics and that didn't do anythingfor me so I was thinking of trying Gold Coin Grass or Dr. Chi's DEBILE (mint & curcuma) to help dissolve stones along with P&B & Activated Charcoal Shakes and an enema(s) a few weeks before (the liver flush) to help absorb & flush the toxins and of course...an enema after the flush. Am I forgetting anything? Wrong order?

Of course, the thing is I hate going to the Gynecologist, so how am I gonna even deal with this? Sure boyfriend would be thrilled (men) but....how did you guys and gals do it??? Most importantly what equipment (brands, websites?) and type of enema did you use? Oh if anyone has an alternative/simplest cleansing procedure for those on a budget, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Sweetjade,

Some people do the saltwater flush after the liver flush and skip the enema altogether. Leah (formerly Kaleidoscope) does that, so maybe she could advise you. I bought myself a colema board to make the whole process easier, but those are spendy. I think Shelley - on her website - mentions a good place to get an enema set up. I just do plain filtered water with a bit of salt after a LF. On askshelley.com, there is a member there named "propaul" If you look under his personal regimen blog, he gives detailed instructions on coffee and soapsuds enemas.

As for softening stones, I simply make fresh apple juice once or twice a day and spike it with ACV. I do that for 10 days or so prior to LF.

You may also want to keep taking the fiber for a week or so after the LF to help absorb toxins.

I'm glad to hear you're going to give liver flushing another go. I have done 2 now, and plan to keep going until I get no more stones. It will be nice to have another person to compare notes with. I have to say too, the more I cleanse, the more I can eat what I want.

Hey,

Yep, I use salt water flushes. (I'm too chicken to do enemas!) So if you're really uncomfortable with enemas, SWFs might be more appealing to you?

I don't know if you're familiar with them... You just drink 4 cups of warm water with 1 tablespoon of uniodized salt added, on an empty stomach. I do 2 of these the day after the liver flush (the day after taking the oil/juice), one in the morning and one at night. BUT I must admit that on my most recent flush (my 3rd one, a couple days ago), I broke out on my forehead... meaning that the salt water flushes weren't enough to get everything out fast enough. I'm thinking that on my next flush, I might do one really early in the morning, and then one in the afternoon.

The best thing to do is probably to get a colonic after a liver flush. They're really thorough, so there's less risk of breaking out that way. But they're also the most expensive option...

Do you plan on using all the Epsom salts that Hulda Clark recommends? I only use a tiny bit of ES... not enough to affect my bowels much. If you do use them, you wouldn't need to do an enema or salt water flush in the morning (the day after taking the oil/juice), but you should probably do one that night or the morning after that.

Gold Coin Grass is great for softening stones. Malic acid works well, too, so if you wan't a cheaper option, just drink lots of apple juice and apple cider vinegar.

Hope that helps!

Hi SweetJade,

The only thing I wanted to recommend that REALLY helped me out was to take OxyPowder the night before, the night of, and three days after the liver flush. I did a couple of liver flushes without it, and broke out badly. There may be other ways to avoid this, but I was already doing an enema the night of and day after, and I still broke out. So I just wanted to recommend the OxyPowder - I used it the last two flushes and didn't break out at all. Now I do both - coffee enemas and the OxyPowder. And I just bought a simple enema kit from the drugstore to use (pretty cheap). I use Gold coin Grass but I honestly don't know if it makes a difference...it's supposed to, so I keep using it.

~Suzanne

It doesn't hurt. You're inserting a very thin tube.

Colonics are best in my opinion (and less messy), but I understand that they can be a bit pricey, or uncomfortable. There's a good enema bucket at www.healthandyoga.com

Colonics are best in my opinion (and less messy), but I understand that they can be a bit pricey, or uncomfortable. There's a good enema bucket at www.healthandyoga.com

doesnt it feel werid tho? im not tryin to be funny lol, im actually quite interested in them. curious little me!

doesnt it feel werid tho? im not tryin to be funny lol, im actually quite interested in them. curious little me!

It might feel a little awkward at first, but it shouldn't hurt at all.

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for responding to all my questions. This is so not my favorite topic, but I'm sure it's more a mental thing. I actually did do a Vitamin C flush hoping that would be as effective as an enema but I didn't do it after the liver flush so I don't have got that specific answer. Leah, the Salt water flush would definately be a cheaper option though, if these types of flushes were more effective than nothing at all. Suzanne, I've definately heard about the OxyPowder, do you see weird things in the tank after you do these flushes or no?

Hoppy, thanks for the link. I'm going to try out some yoga cleansing positions (I keep forgetting that yoga can be cleansing) and hopefully that will help some in general. As for the enema, the home equipment kit doesn't look too costly. It makes more sense to me to have an actual open container instead of a bag, so I can clean everything out much more effectively. I'm glad that neither you or CJB think it doesn't feel too horrible

Regarding the liver flush recipes, the first one I used 100% Apple Juice for the Epsom Salts and 100% Pink Grapefruit Juice mixed with Olive Oil. I didn't break out but....I was on Spironolactone (Anti-androgen) and Avandia (Insulin Sensitizer) at the time so they may have been why I so lucky (I stopped taking them a day or two before though). I did nearly pass out, vomit, and then passed out in public the next day though (waiting in line with friends for food), but I realized that was because I ended up doing a much longer fast than required due to my busy schedule and not enough enough the day or two prior to my flush. My other theory on this was that since I'm Insulin Resistant that maybe I shouldn't have dranken Apple Juice as my recipe warned (it's one of Hulda's) that if you are a Diabetic this is not the juice to use.

So I waited another year to another one and this one I only used 100% Pink Grapefruit Juice (still had other juices in it) for this flush. I wasn't on any medicaiton at the time, and I made sure to eat properly so I only had to fast/miss the 1 or 2 meals that are required. Everythng went wonderfully, never felt any pain, and passed more & larger "stones" this time around. Problem was I ended up breaking out with cystic acne for about a month after and I believe it was predominately on my face, underchin, and neck area. Thing is...Right after the flush my father had Plums so I ate plums. Thing is, I started to realize that plums & peaches broke me out and about a year later I started to get the same pattern, but I wasn't eating these fruits....I was eating lots more almonds though. I looked it up and sure enough Almonds are in the same genus as Plums, Peaches, Necatarines, Apricots and Cherries....I've broken out in cysts/nodules when I've heavily consumed these foods (or lightly). :cry:

So my theory is, I may have broken out after my second flush because I was consuming foods that I was hypersensitive too. On top this, I learned that I can't even consume 100% fruit juice without breaking out in Cysts, and fruit juices are called for in some recipes that are used for liver flushes. So what if the reason I was breaking out was because I just downed more fruit juice that night and the day after than I ever would dare to drink! If that's the case, what ifthe same applies to some of you as well???? When you do break out, are they cystic or nodular or just regular acne? Of course, I'm also thinking that when I did my first flush I didn't consume lots of plums, almonds etc because I just didn't eat lots of nuts back then and plums may no longer have been in season. Therefore, the medications may have been helping me, if the fruit juice was the issue, but I can't say it was protecting me from the foods I'm hypersensitive to because I don't believe I consumed any of those (sigh).

So those are my thoughts. Ultimately, either way, the liver flush & colon cleansings are supposed to allow my to eat foods I'm intolerant/hypersensitive to again and so one day I will have to test the above out. Until then, when I do my next flush, I will be using freshly squeezed Pink Grapefruits and/or Lemons instead. I've never had a problem with the way the epsom salts or the juice-olive oil mixture tasted like because I was always drinking that stuff with a sweet juice of some sort. ;-) If I find that it's too yucky to down (while holding my breath) I may add some xylitol to sweeten it up or maybe vegetable glycerin to the mixture(s).

Thanks again and I will definately keep you guys updated!

So what if the reason I was breaking out was because I just downed more fruit juice that night and the day after than I ever would dare to drink! If that's the case, what ifthe same applies to some of you as well???? When you do break out, are they cystic or nodular or just regular acne?

Well, fruit juice doesn't break me out. I can actually get away with consuming white sugar in moderation without breaking out. The fact that you're more sensitive to fruit juice does complicate things a bit.

About bowel cleansing after the flush: I hate to say this, but I'm thinking more and more that colonics are the best and SAFEST thing to do after a flush. Andreas on CureZone says that enemas, salt water flushes, Oxy-Powder, and Epsom salts are not sufficient.

Over so many years working with the liver flush I found that almost everyone who does it has at least some stones, sometimes hundreds, left behind in the colon (after the flush), stuck because of an existing congestion there. Since these stones are loaded with toxins and bacteria, they can cause havoc in the body, unless they are removed through a colonic. This may lead to deterioration of existing conditions or generation of new ones.

Of course, I only did salt water flushes, and since my skin is so clear right now, I don't imagine I could have stones "left behind in the colon". But I am definitely getting colonics in the future, to be on the safe side.

So what if the reason I was breaking out was because I just downed more fruit juice that night and the day after than I ever would dare to drink! If that's the case, what ifthe same applies to some of you as well???? When you do break out, are they cystic or nodular or just regular acne?

Well, fruit juice doesn't break me out. I can actually get away with consuming white sugar in moderation without breaking out. The fact that you're more sensitive to fruit juice does complicate things a bit.

About bowel cleansing after the flush: I hate to say this, but I'm thinking more and more that colonics are the best and SAFEST thing to do after a flush. Andreas on CureZone says that enemas, salt water flushes, Oxy-Powder, and Epsom salts are not sufficient.

Over so many years working with the liver flush I found that almost everyone who does it has at least some stones, sometimes hundreds, left behind in the colon (after the flush), stuck because of an existing congestion there. Since these stones are loaded with toxins and bacteria, they can cause havoc in the body, unless they are removed through a colonic. This may lead to deterioration of existing conditions or generation of new ones.

could you please answer my question, i'd really appreciate it.

thank you

Of course, I only did salt water flushes, and since my skin is so clear right now, I don't imagine I could have stones "left behind in the colon". But I am definitely getting colonics in the future, to be on the safe side.

how exactly does drinking salt water flush your system other than making you really dehydrated?

I know that sometimes when you have gallstones or kidney stones or even before surgery you will be asked to drink salt water. What it does is it cleans out the intestinal tract. I have had sever kidney problems before and I remember my doctor telling me to lay on my right side for about 30 min. after doing the salt water flush he described it as a backwards enema. I know that its supposed to help with passing kidneystones and gallstones but i havent ever heard of any connection between the cleanse and acne. How would it make you anymore dehydrated than say drinking v8 or any other sodium laced drink?

how exactly does drinking salt water flush your system other than making you really dehydrated?

The salt water flush is like an enema that you drink, like Megan said. You don't absorb the salt or water (as long as you do it right). It passes right through you and so it clears out whatever is in your intestines. It can be used after a liver flush to clear out the stones that are passed.

I know that sometimes when you have gallstones or kidney stones or even before surgery you will be asked to drink salt water. What it does is it cleans out the intestinal tract. I have had sever kidney problems before and I remember my doctor telling me to lay on my right side for about 30 min. after doing the salt water flush he described it as a backwards enema. I know that its supposed to help with passing kidneystones and gallstones but i havent ever heard of any connection between the cleanse and acne. How would it make you anymore dehydrated than say drinking v8 or any other sodium laced drink?

That's interesting. I didn't know doctors knew of SWFs or had people do them.

The salt water flush itself doesn't help with gallstones. It's just a way to get the stones out faster after you've done the actual liver flush (which involves drinking oil and fruit juice).

The salt water flush is like an enema that you drink, like Megan said. You don't absorb the salt or water (as long as you do it right). It passes right through you and so it clears out whatever is in your intestines. It can be used after a liver flush to clear out the stones that are passed.

That's interesting. I didn't know doctors knew of SWFs or had people do them.

The salt water flush itself doesn't help with gallstones. It's just a way to get the stones out faster after you've done the actual liver flush (which involves drinking oil and fruit juice).

When I first started having sever pain in my flank area they assumed it was kidney stones but couldnt see any through x-ray they just assumed they were very small kidney stones. After giving me some pain medication I was told to do the salt water flush and that was the first time I had heard of it. I couldnt give any sort of real idea if it helped flush anything out because in the end it ended up not being kidney stones. I have a friend who recently had a version of the stomach stapling surger but they cut out some of her intestines but before the surgery they told her to do the salt water flush to loosen up any excess matter.

salt dehydrates you (changes solute concentrtion in the blood) Which is why they tell you not to drink sea water if you're thirsty. Kidney stones are a direct result of dehydration and calcium build up as a result. So Salt water seeminly would make it worse, no? if not could you please explain why

salt dehydrates you (changes solute concentrtion in the blood) Which is why they tell you not to drink sea water if you're thirsty. Kidney stones are a direct result of dehydration and calcium build up as a result. So Salt water seeminly would make it worse, no? if not could you please explain why

Does salt dehydrate you if you don't absorb it? If you drink a cup of water with some salt, you'll absorb it. But if you drink 3-4 cups of water with at least 2 teaspoons of salt, you won't absorb it; it'll pass through you. So does that still change the "solute concentration in the blood"? (I don't know, I'm just asking.)

Does salt dehydrate you if you don't absorb it? If you drink a cup of water with some salt, you'll absorb it. But if you drink 3-4 cups of water with at least 2 teaspoons of salt, you won't absorb it; it'll pass through you. So does that still change the "solute concentration in the blood"? (I don't know, I'm just asking.)

EVer salt water gargled? It reduces inflammation and "Stuffyness" because the salt gets located outside of the cells in the throat, solute concentration changes and the cells are in hypertonic solution. To balance the solution, water flows out from the cells to maintain tonicity. Just like that in your system, you lose water from your sytem to balance solute concentrations inside and outside the cell. Im sure there's some elaborate mechanism in your body maintaning this ( and there is). But in the short term, excessive salt will dehydrate you. Your body will do all sorts of things like reabsorb water to be excreted, release antidiuretic hormone, etc to maintain tonicity. But overall it's not a good thing and will dehydrate you. If you have kidney stones, for the love of god you need to drink more water,a lot more, not salt water.

EVer salt water gargled? It reduces inflammation and "Stuffyness" because the salt gets located outside of the cells in the throat, solute concentration changes and the cells are in hypertonic solution. To balance the solution, water flows out from the cells to maintain tonicity. Just like that in your system, you lose water from your sytem to balance solute concentrations inside and outside the cell. Im sure there's some elaborate mechanism in your body maintaning this ( and there is). But in the short term, excessive salt will dehydrate you. Your body will do all sorts of things like reabsorb water to be excreted, release antidiuretic hormone, etc to maintain tonicity. But overall it's not a good thing and will dehydrate you. If you have kidney stones, for the love of god you need to drink more water,a lot more, not salt water.

Okay, but I'm not talking about kidney stones. I didn't say that someone with kidney stones should do a salt water flush.

wait so is a salt water flush JUST this drinking salt water, or does it involve something more?

enemas- this is really gross but when you do one...exactly how soon after it do you go to the bathroom? do you lose all control and shit yourself or just have to go to the bathroom really bad or what's it like? sorry but i'm curious!

wait so is a salt water flush JUST this drinking salt water, or does it involve something more?

It's just drinking salt water (a specific amount of salt and water).

oh, so no fasting beforehand or taking anything else? sounds so simple, thanks!

now...to be gross again but someone's got to ask: this one doesnt make you shit yourself does it lol? how suddenly does it work? is there a reputable website with all the instructions about this on it? if i google it i'm sure i'll come up with all sorts of quack sites which could get dangerous.

oh, so no fasting beforehand or taking anything else? sounds so simple, thanks!

YES you do have to fast before. It absolute must be done on an empty stomach, and it is best to do it when the intestines are mostly free of waste.

now...to be gross again but someone's got to ask: this one doesnt make you shit yourself does it lol? how suddenly does it work? is there a reputable website with all the instructions about this on it? if i google it i'm sure i'll come up with all sorts of quack sites which could get dangerous.

It'll come out of you anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours after you drink it.

I have to ask WHY do you want to do a salt water flush???

No one was saying this was any sort of cure all for kidney stones or any thing of the sort.