Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnesoldier

Help! Sensitive Skin Is Killing Me

Here's my trouble--

I have really sensitive and oily skin. So....products designed to unclog pores seem to just agravate the problem. Unfortunately, if I use a gentle cleanser and nothing else my pores still get clogged like crazy. Right now I'm using Cetaphil Cleanser (for normal/oily skin) which I like. It doesn't seem to do much in the way of unclogging pores, but at least it's not drying. I've also been using Neutragena Oil Free Acne wash which I suspect is the problem. I think it's just clogging my pores by killing more skin cells than it's exfoliating.

Anyone have some suggestions? I tried moisterizers but that made things BAD (maybe because of my oily skin?). I also tried the Aspirin mask, which I liked, but also suspected it was too drying. AAAARRRGGG! :wall:

check your products (all of them, including makeup, shampoos, body washes. . .) really closely: are you using somehting that is constanly irritating? Something with menthol, eucalyptis, lemon or other heavily scented oil? How about alcohols? Scrubbing? Something with talc, colorings or heavy scents?

Here's my trouble--

I have really sensitive and oily skin. So....products designed to unclog pores seem to just agravate the problem. Unfortunately, if I use a gentle cleanser and nothing else my pores still get clogged like crazy. Right now I'm using Cetaphil Cleanser (for normal/oily skin) which I like. It doesn't seem to do much in the way of unclogging pores, but at least it's not drying. I've also been using Neutragena Oil Free Acne wash which I suspect is the problem. I think it's just clogging my pores by killing more skin cells than it's exfoliating.

Anyone have some suggestions? I tried moisterizers but that made things BAD (maybe because of my oily skin?). I also tried the Aspirin mask, which I liked, but also suspected it was too drying. AAAARRRGGG! :wall:

Check out the Calmin link in my signature ... these are the best products for sensitive skin I've ever found. You have to order from the UK, but they are well worth it. I use the cleanser and the Enviro Protection Cream and both are light, soothing, and non-clogging. REALLY good stuff.

try johnson and johnson PURPOSE gel.... i have the same problems as you and found that "gental cetaphil" does not work

have u tried aspirin masks? also i just started to use dermamed green tea acne wash which only has 4 ingredients so less likely to irritate but it does contain salicylic acid which helps with acne.