Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ranebo

Organic alternatives to BP

Can anyone recomend a BP product that is mainly organic and is not tested on animals. I've been trying to regimen and it's working. But it is really bothering me that the BP gell that is sold here and the recomended nutrogena one are so chemically based. I know I'm probably really worrysome and weird about this. But I hate the idea of having something like that on my face. Right now I use most kiss my face products and they have a Acne gel that is made up of Tea Tree Oil, and I've heard that they have simmilar properties. Do you think I could replace the BP with tea tree oil. Or should I just put up with the chemicals in the BP.

BP is a chemical. By definition it cannot be organic. It works by delivering oxygen to your pores, which kills the acne bacteria in them. I don't know of any natural product out there does the same thing.

Basically what you do is spot treat with pure tea tree oil, or you can dilute it down with jojoba oil if it's too strong. Just put it on a q-tip and get individual spots. It's way too strong for most people's skin to be used as an all over treatment unless you dilute it down to like 5-20 percent (depending on skin of course).

But I've quit spot treating with TTO or Oregano oil, what I've found is better is using the Proactiv Mask which contains TTO, sulphur, omega-3 and 6's, zinc oxide and kaolin (or is it bentonite?) clay, among other things, all of which help acne in one way or another. I just use that as a spot treatment and it helps spots come to heads faster and fades some stuff too it seems. But once this expensive little bottle runs out I'm gonna have to find another mask... Eh.

I love tea tree oil. It's stinky, but it's the only thing that has gotten my face better. And I've tried everything from retin-a micro to egg mask treatments...but this has been by far the best. You just have to be patient with it.

thats interesting.

right now I'm using aloe vera gel. it's good stuff.

I'm thinkin about to add TTO.

I would mix a few drops with the aloe vera gel.

danielle, can u tell me how u mix the TTO with the gel?

Thanks I bought Kiss My Face Break Out Acne Gel which is a combination of tea tree oil and mint. It was expensive though $16 for a tube the size of a regular BP tube.

Certified Organic Floral Water of Peppermint, Lavender, Rosemary, Sage, Steam Distilled Water, Infusion of Certified Organic Herbs of Red Clover, Goldenseal, Juniper Berries, and Lemon Balm, Certified Organic Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Peppermint Oil, Xanthan Gum, Tea Tree Oil, Chamomile Oil, Camphor Oil, Bergamot Oil

Doesn't seem to be much TTO in that gel.

BP is a chemical. By definition it cannot be organic. It works by delivering oxygen to your pores, which kills the acne bacteria in them. I don't know of any natural product out there does the same thing.

Actually the last time I checked BP is an organic peroxide......which has the general formula ROOR'

where R and R' are organic subsituants.....

But if you looking for a more "natural" way to kill p.acnes you could try tea tree oil but you need to use it at least a 5-10% concentration, for it to be effective Most products that contain TTO only contain about 0.1-1.0%, and the TTO is just a cute marketing story....Since TTO isn't considered and OTC drug, it won't have the concentration of TTO listed on the package, so it's hard to tell how much is actually in a particular product....

If your hell bent on not using BP, or can't because of an allergy to it, than I'd try to get some pure TTO at 100% concentration, then mix it with your moisturizer or whip up your own concoction....just know that TTO in high concentrations can also be irritating