Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on the regimen for a couple months and in the past few weeks I've had a problem with eyebrows flaking. What I mean is the skin beneath my eyebrows and around my eyebrows is getting hugs chunks of dead skin that I can rub off the same way you rub dandruff off your head, except they're huge chunks unlike dandruff. They have subsided a bit since I started loading moisturizer on but the thing is I don't even put BP near my eyebrows so I don't understand why this is happening. Also, even if I use a shitload of moisturizer, when I go snowboarding and it's really cold out (-10 to -20 celcius) I get intensely dry and flaky skin that takes days to get back to normal. Any advice on that? It's fucking annoying, can't wait for winter to fuck off so my skin can be like it was last year again.

I'm not on the Clearskin, but I'm having this problem HUGE right now. Massively so!

Any advice anyone out there could give would be appreciated by at least two people!

when you put your moisturizer on it could spread the bp to your eyebrow area. do you have a humidifier? that has helped me somewhat. the air is so dry in the winter

Do you put it on your forhead. From what I understand BP tends to go down during the day thanks to gravity.

Yeah that's probably it and maybe when I put on moisturizer some of the bp touches with it and gets up there although I do try somewhat to avoid it. I'm hoping the skin there will get used to the bp and maybe dry out less and spring/summer will stop it a bit too. It's weird how winter is making my skin so intensely dry, I mean I know winter air dries skin and so does bp but it sometimes gets really really dry.

Horray, a question I have quite a bit of experience with. I'm confident the reason your eyebrows are getting flaky is because when you apply moisturizer, it mixes with the remaining BP and then all into your eyebrows. The best thing you can do is be extremely careful to avoid getting any BP AND moisturizer near your eyebrows, or to moisturize your eyes/brows before the BP.

About snowboarding, your best bet would be to prevent the ice-cold air from rushing against your face while you board. You can buy neck-warmers that will cover your neck and you can pull them up above your nose. Then just wear goggles and that should keep your face protected. Good luck.

i have that problem too...major flakiness under my eyebrows..but that's because i HAVE to put BP on my eyebrows..i actually break out on and around my eyebrow area..including my eye LIDS! so it's either acne on my eyelids or flakiness there...i choose FLAKINESS!

i get this also and when i itch there a few lashes drop off lol ive sorted it now tho i keep way away from that area

I gently brush away the flakes around there with a toothbrush and sometimes an eyebrow brush before I apply BP and moisturizer. Lots of moisturizer around the eyes and avoiding BP near them seems to be pretty key.

here's what I do:

• after washing your face, make sure that nothing (no towel) touches your eyebrows

• wait for the eyebrows to air-dry, or dab them with a napkin

• if there are still flakes, after you're done with BP and moisturizer, put some spit on your finger, and moisturize your eyebrows with that.

I don't suggest putting moisturizer on your eyebrows. It has mixed with BP, so that's a bad idea.