Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Pimp*_____le

Fasting for Bloodtest

Are you supposed to fast before monthly bloodtests? I read on here where they said you should but when i went to get bloodwork done she said to me, "You ate today, right?" and she said that I wasn't supposed to fast. Could it screw up my results if I did fast and wasn't supposed to? Thx

Are you supposed to fast before monthly bloodtests? I read on here where they said you should but when i went to get bloodwork done she said to me, "You ate today, right?" and she said that I wasn't supposed to fast. Could it screw up my results if I did fast and wasn't supposed to? Thx

you won't screw up ur blood test if u fasted. You are not suppose to fast.

You ARE supposed to fast.. they need accurate data of the fat levels in your blood.

Eating within 10-14 hours before the blood test results will skew the data.

Fast!!! If you don't, you will not get an an accurate cholesterol level. It will read high....because it will show the cholesterol from the food you have eaten in the last 12 hours.

hahah, you need to fast otherwise your triglycerides will be elevated and the doctor wont know whether the accutane is causing it, or the food you ate a few hours before your bloodtest.