Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XxRachel

Tired of ance...need some suggestions

Im 15, and im damn tired of acne..the other day it was so embarassing when my friends dad approached me about it. He said "your a pretty girl but ive noticed you having acne problems, what are you using for your acne?" so i told him "Tetracycline" in which my doctor prescribed me. But i also let him know i've tried "Murad" and "Proactiv" and a bunch of other useless products that didnt work for me. So he suggested "Retin-A, i havent heard much about it, has any one used it? anyways i have a another doctor's appointment to do a follow up because it's been the required 6 weeks on "Tetracycline" and its done nothing for me. Here are some pictures, any suggestions on a product/medication that might work for me? or something to ask my doctor about? i want to go back to school, insted of homeschool..but it's hard for me when everyone around me has flawless skin, i just want to feel good about myself and the onley thing holding me back is acne...

these pictures i took today, so there recent..

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/RaChE...Wl/102_1792.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/RaChE...Wl/102_1798.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/RaChE...Wl/102_1817.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/RaChE...Wl/102_1764.jpg

Rachel, you are SO SO cute!!! :wub:

Retin-a worked wonders for me, with cysts and everything-I had perfect skin for the longest time (then I got off the pill and horror stories ensue) but retin-a worked like a charm for me for the longest time. And probably the only reason I went on accutane was because I developed excema so topicals were a no-no.

retin-a will also help with red marks, etc!!! :D

Tell your doctor: Doxycycline instead of Tetracycline. Tazorac or Retin-A for nighttime and Duac for the daytime (retinoids are disabled in the sun).

Make sure you are PATIENT. It doesn't happen quickly, but you will have clear skin. I'm 29, and have tried EVERYTHING. The above regimen is the only thing that got me clear.

:doh: I'm without insurance now, so I'm suffering again.

I loooooooooove putting my pets against my face! Hehe! Though I know I probably shouldn't either. I still say try retin-a first, then if that doesn't work try accutane. I think the retin-a will clear you up just fine though. Just be religious about it. once it's gone, you can ease up on it, and just apply it every other day or so. Keep us updated! Start a journal!! (Or did you alreday? *runs to go check*)

This has been well documented, but your friend's dad wasnt just trying to make you feel better by saying youre pretty before mentioning acne. More or less the truth.

Your acne seems a lot like mine, but a bit more "concentrated". That is, more in one area, and thus less/none in other areas. But overall really similar. Theres no getting around it: it doesnt look good, on you or me both. But your pics underscore how there can be more catching features :drool:

One thing I'll mention while I'm at it, that I figure sometimes. Many people have problems/diseases/disabilities that they simply cannot change; they will have to deal with it forever. In comparison, at least (usually) acne is temporary. Consider yourself lucky that you are at least innately attractive; one day you'll be rid of this one roadblock. Some folks are born unattractive and stay that way forever.

I've rambled enough :ninja:

accutane? one advice dont put your face on your cat?

lol, ok :shifty:

what u asked for advice?

First things first; drop the soda completely. That stuff is the worst thing you can put in your body and I don't care what anyone says, diet affects acne.

First things first; drop the soda completely. That stuff is the worst thing you can put in your body and I don't care what anyone says, diet affects acne.

yeah i knew someone would say that :lol: water's better for me, this i know =)

I loooooooooove putting my pets against my face! Hehe! Though I know I probably shouldn't either. I still say try retin-a first, then if that doesn't work try accutane. I think the retin-a will clear you up just fine though. Just be religious about it. once it's gone, you can ease up on it, and just apply it every other day or so. Keep us updated! Start a journal!! (Or did you alreday? *runs to go check*)

lol no i havent yet, but once i get on Retin-A i'll start one :D i know my kitty's so fluffy its hard to resist X.x

OMG!!! YOu look just like me!!!! I'm twice your age but it's really shocking to see your face, is like looking at myself ten years ago.

Your skin tone, eyecolor and everything, even the hair color!!

I'll pm you a picture of me so you can have an idea of how you'll look 15 years from now.

you're really beautiful.. I think anyone who'd look at you would look right past your acne, I know I did.. you have really cute features. I'm 22 now.. but when I was your age, my face used to look a lot like yours does now. I came off tetracycline about 7 weeks ago.. it cleared me up nicely, but took about 9 weeks to notice big improvements... and I've been maintaining my clear skin now with a bcp called ortho tricyclen lo , daily gentle exfoliation (which seems to keep my cysts, acne away, as well as reduce red marks) and spot treating with bp. Read my regimen below. I know ones acne is always worse in the eye of the beholder but, IMO it doesn't look to me like you need acutane.. try some more things first.. maybe stay on the tetracycline a little longer? how long have you been on it again? and what is your dosage?

:) keep smiling, and let me know!

You really are a beautiful girl. :angel:

Okay, as for tetra, that stuff did nothing for my mild case. Forget that stuff. Ask your doctor to up it stronger oral anitbiotics. I'd also ask for Retin-a and topical antibacterial. Stick to those for at least 2 months and if you see no improvements, it might be time to start discussing accutane as a treatment option.

Meanwhile, don't pick or else you'll scar.

you're really beautiful.. I think anyone who'd look at you would look right past your acne, I know I did.. you have really cute features. I'm 22 now.. but when I was your age, my face used to look a lot like yours does now. I came off tetracycline about 7 weeks ago.. it cleared me up nicely, but took about 9 weeks to notice big improvements... and I've been maintaining my clear skin now with a bcp called ortho tricyclen lo , daily gentle exfoliation (which seems to keep my cysts, acne away, as well as reduce red marks) and spot treating with bp. Read my regimen below. I know ones acne is always worse in the eye of the beholder but, IMO it doesn't look to me like you need acutane.. try some more things first.. maybe stay on the tetracycline a little longer? how long have you been on it again? and what is your dosage?

:) keep smiling, and let me know!

well its been about 7 week's i havent seen enough improvement to be satisfied. but i really like the fact that the stuff kinda shrinks pimple's and i wake up with it smaller or gone. but as far as clearing my face, it hasnt done much for me. yeah accutane would be my last resort after Retin-A and any other good sounding suggestion's.

You really are a beautiful girl. :angel:

Okay, as for tetra, that stuff did nothing for my mild case. Forget that stuff. Ask your doctor to up it stronger oral anitbiotics. I'd also ask for Retin-a and topical antibacterial. Stick to those for at least 2 months and if you see no improvements, it might be time to start discussing accutane as a treatment option.

Meanwhile, don't pick or else you'll scar.

yeah i know, no picking for me..so anyways accutane would be my last resort if nothing else works. im going to ask my doctor about Retin-A and some topical antibacterial. im hoping they work :pray: and once i get started, i'll start a journal.

OMG!!! YOu look just like me!!!! I'm twice your age but it's really shocking to see your face, is like looking at myself ten years ago.

Your skin tone, eyecolor and everything, even the hair color!!

I'll pm you a picture of me so you can have an idea of how you'll look 15 years from now.

LOL, seriously? thats too funny :lol:

If I was you I would go on Accutane. If I hadn't wasted so many years and money trying different things for acne I'd be much better off. Don't use Retin-A unless you like having skin that looks/feels like it was rubbed down with sandpaper. I even have permanent redness in my left cheek from Retin-A. It's bad stuff.

I've been on Accutane 5 months today and while I still have red marks my skin is essentially clear. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. Don't wait, you may regret it.

you are beautiful!

but i suggest:

1.going to the derm

2.changing your diet. it hasnt made a HUGE improvement for me. but it has made little differences(id guess, no way of proving it). water+juice+no fried foods+no chocolate! i know it sounds like a drag... but you gotta atleast try it out for 1 month and see if it improves your acne.

hi there rachel...

i got this simple remedy at www.acne-remedy.org

The need for home made acne treatment arises to reduce or eliminate the outbreak of acne and to prevent scarring in the skin due to severe acne. Here are some home remedies that can help reduce or eliminate acne outbreak:

· Eating lots of fruits and vegetables.

· Drinking water at least 1 liter daily.

· Using benzoyl peroxide lotions for new acne outbreak.

· Oral medicines for severe acne.

· Orange paste applied on the affected area helps to cure pimple.

· Paste of fenugreek helps to cure pimples.

· Some make use of orange, garlic, and cucumber.

· Turmeric, an anti bacterial herb.

i hope this can help..keep us posted..

We have the same name!! :)

I'd suggest tea-tree oil- botanical cream to spot treat right on top of the buggers after you wash your face with lets say "Physoderm", or "Glycerin soap", those two cleared me up good. Along with putting vitamin A on my face after washing, and toning with a gentler toner like Clean and Clear has(tone maybe only once a day, or use as a touch up to soak oil in your skin)

And once a week steam with Chamoile Tea, 15 mins tops.

And than spalash your face with cool water to seal your pores.

And Aloe Veria to hydrate, bring reddness down in your skin*works wonders*..(make sure its natural aloe veria, straight concerated aloe from the plant), you'll find that at your nearest health food store.

Hope that advice I gave helps you, I know it did with mine and my bro's skin, as well as a friend..

Keep us posted^^