Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SmoothLover

what's more painful: Cool Touch or IPL ?

Has anyone had both treatments: Cool touch and IPL (Intense Pulse Light) ? And could you please tell me which session is more painful???

I've had like 3 Cool Touch sessions and it was very painful. It felt like rubber band snaps. I couldn't bear the pain at all. I knew it was going to do nothing for my scarring, but I just wanted to give it a try since it was part of an experiment and it was complimentary. Now I wanna try the IPL laser to improve my skin tone. So before giving it a try, I want to know if it is as painful as the Cool Touch Laser, more painful ? or less painful?

Thanks in advance.

I had Cool Touch II -not very painful--also didn't help me. IPL was probably more painful, but honestly- I wouldn't use "painful" to decribe them. I'm sure it depends on the setting.

I know it depends on the machine setting, but even with low setting I still felt some pain . Sorry if I use the word "pain" , but I didn't feel very comfortable. Each session was to last approximately 15 minutes, but I coudn't even stand 5 minutes. I thought that IPL was a little bit more gentle, but from your experience it's the opposite. My skin is ultra sensitive and even a little finger rub makes it look like a beet. And I'm afraid that instead of helping my skin tone , IPL is going to worsen it.