Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have never used tea tree oil until today and I have to say that I really liked it. I used it as a toner after washing with clearasil 3in1 sa wash (it has the best pH balance of any 2% sa wash I could find) and then moisturizer.

I am not familiar with tea tree oil, except it is supposed to be an anti bacterial agent ( I think ). Does anyone know if your acne (treated acne) can become resistant to it? Is it like triclosan and other anti bacterials?

I would love any information on it. Thanks so much!

Baby Blue

Try using the Blemish Touch Stick by Desert Essence. Found in health food stores. I get mine at Vitamin Shoppe. It comes in a small clear glass bottle with a roll on applicator. Works just as well if not better than benzoyl peroxide and not as harsh. No chemicals.

Try using the Blemish Touch Stick by Desert Essence. Found in health food stores. I get mine at Vitamin Shoppe. It comes in a small clear glass bottle with a roll on applicator. Works just as well if not better than benzoyl peroxide and not as harsh. No chemicals.

Yes, thanks so much. I will have to find it tomorrow @ Wild Oats. I am assuming that you use it...how long? Do you know if you can become resisitant to it? That is the big deal about bp is that acne cannot adapt to it. I just cannot take bp!

Today was my first time to ever use tea tree oil and I was so excited b.c. after going out to dinner tonight and driving to another town to pick up my b-day gift (a new car - yea!!!); I came home and my face wasn't flakey at all! That was such a big deal to me and I was so happy. Up until today I have had serious flaking issues. RIght now there is a TINY bit of flaking, but nothing like usual. I think I could really get used to tea tree oil. So much better feeling than bp.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it!!!!

Does anyone know if your acne (treated acne) can become resistant to it? Is it like triclosan and other anti bacterials?

Baby Blue

well, i don't know about technicalities , but my skin sure seemed to become immune to it after a month or two. It worked well to start out with though...

Tea tree oil, extracted by steam distillation, functions as a germicide by causing structural damage in the cell walls and membranes of bacteria and fungi. The damage leads to the denaturing to the cell's live components. Pathogens that have acquired immunity to antibiotics -- especially Golden Staph -- appear to be unable to survive exposure to tea tree oil.

I found this, but it still doesn't say if one can become resisitent to tea tree oil, only that tea tree oil is effective when other antibiotics are not.