Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok so here we go, first day of accutane(clavaris). I guess i'll do a little background to sum up why i am starting this. Im 21 started breaking out at about 15 and a half. Went to the derm put me on doxycycline and cleocin T and differin. worked ok, nothing special but did keep everything under control well. insurance ran out after a while so that was that. then it came on really bad. tried proactiv route, it lost its effect after a few months, tried murad system and just made it horrible. then went with some benzomycin and it worked about as good as the differen. But there was always the issue that i also had it on my back and chest. So then i went the laser route, which worked pretty well, even had times where i would only have like 1. so after that was over i said ok i'll just use something simple like proactiv to keep me clear. didn't work. started breaking out again. Then i discovered the whole it comes from the inside so clean that out and you will clear up. I really thought this was the answer. it seemed so logical. so went out and got all these vitamins (A,E,C,B complex,Zinc,Calcium/Magnesium,Lecithin,Selenium,Garlic&parsley,Grapeseed extract,Echinachea with Goldenseal) and rotated them accordingly. Also started with the EFA supplementing and wheatgrass daily. ALSO to help everything be taken in by my body i did the whole detoxification thing, with these nasty ass shakes and herbal pills and probiotics and what not. Followed Everything accordingly. that was about 6 months ago, and things only seemed to get worse. lol. So i got some insurance went to the derm and got my accutane. Oh also i started the whole B5 thing on sunday. suppose to help the process i guess? and topically i am using the skintactix system. on that for about 4 months now. so so results with this stuff, but it does make your skin heal really fast, red spots gone after just a few weeks, and its weird cuz when i was like 19 people would always say dang i thought you were like 22 or something. i guess it was from all the bp use over the years. and when i switched to this stuff, even tho im breaking out people comment that i look younger and my skin looks healthier. so lets see what happens i guess. Questions, Comments? feel free to ask!

day 3

no changes so far, no chapped lips, no break outs, everything the same....at least im not hearing voices or antyhing, thats got to be a good sign!

oh yeah and since i just started it, if i got a tattoo like friday you think it be a problem? friday would be the one week mark...or should i just call my derm and see?

oh yeah and since i just started it, if i got a tattoo like friday you think it be a problem? friday would be the one week mark...or should i just call my derm and see?

Shit I think thats a bad idea. You should of waited till it healed.

day 4

after the shower this morning i was a good bit dry in certain areas. and noticed through out the day it looked a little flakey like on my nose and what not. BUT i came home and went to wash my fash and there wasn't oil anywhere. usually my forehead looks like some one just mopped it with some mop and glow or something. so that was cool. after the wash i was drier than this morning. back still feels tight, like a sunburn. but thats about it. so far so good. lets hope it keeps up.

day 5

so i definatly decided to wait on that tattoo thing after i tried opening this jar that was on tight and my hand was all scratched and red loking from the lid, i was like yeah ok if a stupid lid is gonna do that to my hand a needle in my arm will definatly not be good. today was another good day. face was red today tho. and drier. but no break outs, no oil, no chapped lips. but im waiting for it. but im out, im super tired, police academy pt class tonite killed me.

DAY 10

So looks like the walk in the park is over haha. Yesterday started breaking out and continued into today, lots of little whiteheads, no cysts tho thank god. But they are all over from forehead, to cheeks,chin,neck and nose. but hopefully since they are all small they will heal quickly. And damn the lips! they don't really feel so bad, but they look like shit. face is really dry and some what red at times. So yeah looks like its starting to kick in, lets just hope it doesn't get too bad.

day 11

Today sucked. woke up late for school. really red and dry. face looked horrible from the breakout from the past few days. so much so that i didn't go to work after school.

Hey there,

As a tattooed lady myself (not the freaky circus kind haha) I would say you should definitely wait until after your treatment for the tattoo. The quality of your tattoo really depends on how well you scab up and heal and if tane is going to affect that, don't risk it. The last thing you want is a crap tattoo to remind you of your acne forever!!!

What tattoo is it?

BettyCherry xxx

Hey there,

As a tattooed lady myself (not the freaky circus kind haha) I would say you should definitely wait until after your treatment for the tattoo. The quality of your tattoo really depends on how well you scab up and heal and if tane is going to affect that, don't risk it. The last thing you want is a crap tattoo to remind you of your acne forever!!!

What tattoo is it?

BettyCherry xxx

yeah thats what i figured. its not really worth the risk. but i've just been waiting so long to get it finished that i tried to comprimise with myself. I am going to just get the background for my left arm filled in, i have it all pieced up just the in between pieces of skin that need to filled to bring it all together to make it look solid and bad ass. Today was ok though. no new breakouts but still tons of little ones from the the weekend that came up. so thats good. annnnd got my financial aid check for 2,025. so im going shopping, who's coming with me? ;)

day 14

so two weeks are done. nothign too crazy. dry, red,tired,sore. breakouts nothing major, and they heal up really really fast so thats awesome. lets hope everything keeps up!

b5 and accutane ? huh strange...i tried b5 for 6 months and it didnt help. then i got over the hwole super healthy billions of vitamins and just switched to accutane.

do you have any pictures to show some before shots ? good to measure progress with...

later man good luck with the rest of your course, dont give up ! im almost done with month 3 check out my log if you want...its kinda long...

Hi there-

Glad you waited on the tatoo thing. I don't have any tatoos. I am too scared. Not of the pain so much, but that I won't like it later! I am not a risk taker! Good luck with the accutane. Hope your progress goes well.

b5 and accutane ? huh strange...i tried b5 for 6 months and it didnt help. then i got over the hwole super healthy billions of vitamins and just switched to accutane.

do you have any pictures to show some before shots ? good to measure progress with...

later man good luck with the rest of your course, dont give up ! im almost done with month 3 check out my log if you want...its kinda long...

yeah the whole vitamin thing was bogus. i did all that for like 5 months and barely saw any results. and im talking drinking tons of water, exercising daily, not eating any fast foods, like pretty much vegan status. so for those of you that it did work for congrats, but it is not the cure. so yeah i have checked your log a few times, looks like your making some good progress. i don't really have b4 pics of up close to get a real good idea, and i don't have my own camera but i might try and get something up soon somehow. but as for today i am doing good, getting pretty dry tho especially around the nose. i feel like the little kid with the runny nose that gets all dry and nast looking from wiping it so much. my scalp is itching too. and my hair is pretty dry, which is cool to me though cuz my hair has always been really oily after 2 days. body is getting dry too, i'm having to lotion arms and stuff. im still breaking out with little whiteheads here and there but everything is continuing to heal fast. it just drys and kinda flakes off. a couple little cysts on the jaw line, but i haven't shaved in about a week and a half so not really noticable. my nose though is pretty gross, i can feel all the black heads pushing through and some of them are turing into some swollen ones so its not too attractive.

HardcorexXx--

Hang in there, sounds like the Accutane is doing its job. It's definetely a roller coaster ride. Clear skin is ahead for us:)

A-

day 19

got a monster on the right jaw line. left side is awesome though. everythign is healing ok. dry everywhere. headaches here and there. im hoping by now i've made it through the initial? i wish i could fast forward time so i can start going out again!

day 20

so i spoke too soon on the left side, got two new ones today. yay. right side-shitty. neck-shitty.nose-shitty. forehead is ok though, but it looks like a million little blackhead are being pushed out of it. kinda getting the weird ecsema type stuff on little spots on the arms too. joy.

day 21

went to the derm today. said everything seems to be going good. blood work was good last time so i didn't have to get any this time around. got injected into some of the cysts ones. kinda hurt. then she gave me some prednizone?* i think thats how you spell it. so yeah im taking that for the next 10 days to reduce any inflamation i guess. One thing that bothered me was she was like so this is your second time taking it? i was like wtf?!?! no?! i hope my skin doesn't look like this after taking it! so yeah now i gotta register online for the ipledge crap they said....and my poor cousin yesteday went to get accutane and her derm told her no. i mean hers isn't super bad bad still enough to need it, and shes tried everything else too for the past 4 years. bought on the other hand i bought a new guitar today, new shoes, and a new jacket. AND i got paid today. so everything is pretty good today.

day 23

hung...oooo...veeeerrr....hahahah

st. patricks day was pretty fun. skin is looking awesome since the derm visit, they gave me some injections in the cysts and some prednizone for inflimation and stuff so yesterday when i woke up my skin was smooth. just a little dry and flakey still. partied all night with the boys, then met up with the ex later on and you know how that goes. today is looking good too. back is getting really clear. black heads on the nose are almost all gone its looks so good. i love accutane!