Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gregthegreat

Did it work for you?

Well, nothing works for EVERYONE.

But I can attest to the fact that it does work for me, and for many others.

Hopefully others will chime in here with their experiences.

it definately makes an improvement to your face, but it takes a while to show real improvement

ive been doing it properly since around the start of Feb an my face is clearing up nicely apart from the odd spot that pops up now and again

and those RED marks are a right gaylord but im assured that they fade :)

hope it helps

but yes the regimen works :)

Well, I've been using the regimen since around Jan.14 and I see that it is working (been around 6 weeks now)... I'm still breaking out all the time, daily in fact (about 3 new pimples a day), but strangely, it looks better.

After about the 2 or 3 month mark, what should I expect? Just 1 every two days? Is that the best it normally gets for most people? My acne is moderate and at certain times it can break out severely, so I'm just interested in what to expect.

Guest yahyah

On the regimen your acne will continually improve, however some people have commented that it tends to run in a kinda 'cycle' i.e. gets better, gets worse, gets better, gets worse etc.. but at every cycle your acne continually decreases. It will no doubt get you clear... staying clear however can be troublesome, but you have to expect the odd spot every once in a while.. to be honest, expect nothing and you'll be pleased with the results.. expect to be 100% clear with perfect skin in 2 months time and you may be disappointed. BUT.. think, if its working now (and i assume nothing else has) then its the best thing you'd stumbled on, and you just need to stick at it. Soon, you'll be getting NO NEW spots everyday.... might be every once and a while.. and then the regimen will clear up the stubborn acne you do have x

I say now after having been on the regimen for over two months that it has improved my skin a lot. I didn't have any active acne for two weeks straight until today, when a huge whitehead appeared where there had been an old red mark. And one whitehead, whatever, I can deal with the occasional pimple or two now. If you have reasonable expectations, I think the regimen will almost surely work for you, unless your skin is too sensitive to BP. If you go into the regimen expecting flawless results, you might be disappointed, but I'm ecstatic about how much it has helped my skin. Now instead of buying a bunch of random acne products on impulse to see if it can help me, or wasting tons of money on Proactiv for no results, I buy a tube of face wash, a tube of BP, and a bottle of moisturizer (all in all about $20/month, maybe a bit less)--and it keeps me clear for a month. I've been so much happier, especially over the past month or so when I saw a lot of progress. I don't angry when I look at my face in the mirror anymore. I wholeheartedly recommend Dan's regimen for anyone who is frustrated with other acne products and wants something that will really work.

Thanks everyone for your replies! :)

On the regimen your acne will continually improve, however some people have commented that it tends to run in a kinda 'cycle' i.e. gets better, gets worse, gets better, gets worse etc.. but at every cycle your acne continually decreases. It will no doubt get you clear... staying clear however can be troublesome, but you have to expect the odd spot every once in a while.. to be honest, expect nothing and you'll be pleased with the results.. expect to be 100% clear with perfect skin in 2 months time and you may be disappointed. BUT.. think, if its working now (and i assume nothing else has) then its the best thing you'd stumbled on, and you just need to stick at it. Soon, you'll be getting NO NEW spots everyday.... might be every once and a while.. and then the regimen will clear up the stubborn acne you do have x

No one can tell you exactly what to expect ...everyone's skin is different, everyone has different acne history, types, etc. You'll probably never be 100% clear ...but my experience with the regimen has left me about 90% clear, and that's good enough for me. Like cool as kim deal said, I'll sometimes go a couple of weeks without a single new spot (although I just got two new spots this week :evil: ), or even a whole month. You just need to be patient, and eventually you'll get to the point where you know what to expect. It took me about 3 months to see substantial results.

I definitely recommend trying it - this regimen cleared my active acne very well - like everyone says, dont expect 100% improvement right away. Be patient, be precise, be realistic, and be gentle. I think you should try it and follow Dan's advice exactly for a few weeks, and then see how its going and then if youre clear, think about adding in/modifying it to fit your skin's individual needs. But generally speaking, the regimen will clear you if you do it right and be patient.

Wow! Thanks, guys... this is making me feel much more optimistic.

Do you all think that the reason it takes up to 3 months to work is because

1)there is still stuff that is building up deep inside that is just waiting to come out

2)it just takes your skin time to get used to the effectiveness of the bp

Cool As Kim Deal,

So would you describe your acne before you used the regimen as moderate or mild? On the page where it says what to expect as time progress while on the regimen, it says "an isolated pimple from time to time is to be expected." Well, when I get to that phase, I really hope it is even remotely as good as that- only one pimple for 2 weeks would be like a dream come true for me.

My acne before the regimen was mild, I guess, though I usually felt like I had the worst skin in the room wherever I went--mild doesn't mean trivial. There's a before picture in my gallery where I'm wearing makeup so you can't see really how bad my skin was, but I always had several pimples on my face and most of them were fairly large and could not be completely concealed. I don't think I ever had fewer than two active breakouts and I almost always had quite a bit more than that, plus lots of things that needed to heal. I got a lot of large pimples over a year ago around my mouth that scarred, and I'm still dealing with the red marks and scars from those. I occasionally got cysts on my forehead, chin, or cheeks that were very painful. Now on the regimen it's like maybe one pimple a week at most, and it's always a manageable one that disappears very quickly. The whitehead that I wrote about a couple days ago in this thread is gone (I popped it, it was begging for it) and healing rapidly.

Wow! Thanks, guys... this is making me feel much more optimistic.

Do you all think that the reason it takes up to 3 months to work is because

1)there is still stuff that is building up deep inside that is just waiting to come out

2)it just takes your skin time to get used to the effectiveness of the bp

for me it started to work within the first week.

now in week 5 and have had maybe 3 new pimples in the last 5 weeks as opposed to one new one a day which i was getting before the regimen.

try it. follow dan EXACTLY.

So does Dan's regimen work for everyone who has used it for at least 3 months?

It has been almost four years for me. It is still working ;)