Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STEVEN1

is proactive better then the regime?

heh just got the thaught because i always see the commercial and the celebs use it and the website 's shows alot of people that got clear and blah blah its hte #1 selling acne treatment in america so i was just wnodering if i should go on it? it cleans / efolixations / and bp. , if my skin is to dry i just moutrizee with neturegna healthy skin , i can pay for it but just wondering if i should go on it becuase i nkow few people that use it.

heh just got the thaught because i always see the commercial and the celebs use it and the website 's shows alot of people that got clear and blah blah its hte #1 selling acne treatment in america so i was just wnodering if i should go on it? it cleans / efolixations / and bp. , if my skin is to dry i just moutrizee with neturegna healthy skin , i can pay for it but just wondering if i should go on it becuase i nkow few people that use it.

Hey STEVEN SHUT UP! u been spamming this forum every minute! :evil:

cuteface, not very nice! :naughty:

Steven,

Proactiv does work for some people, and it doesn't work for others.

I tried it on two different occasions, several years apart, and it tore my face up both times, made it worse. So, that is my experience. Although I'm sure others have had success, else it still wouldn't be in business.

else it still wouldn't be in business.

They would, because they get celebs to advertise their product on TV, so new people are suckered in all the time, their will always be new people to take money from.

But saying that, I'm sure its worked for some, but then those it worked for, probably woulda found success with super market brands!

proavtiv is 2.5% bp just like dan's but dan's is soooooo much cheaper. plus proactiv doesn't say to use a moisturizer and your skin gets very very very dry. my sister got wrinkles for a month from it and she's 22!

i've used proactiv for many years..and it used to work for me..but lost it's effectiveness as time went on. according to dan..the proactiv cleanser is too harsh for the skin and they tell you to wash with it for 1-2 minutes..which is wayyy too long. and yes..it is also extremely overpriced. the 2oz BP container of proactiv is like 20 bux! dan's FOUR oz tube is only like 8 bux...and it's better! so do the math..

Proactiv is a similar concept as Dan's Clear Skin Regimen, except less effective and much more expensive. It's a no brainer. Follow Dan's exactly how he has outlined and it will work.

Guest chon_bon

i think the only thing that proactiv has to offer is their repair lotion. it contains 2.5 BP. same as our CSR gel. so i guess it should work the same if you just use the repair lotion. but their other stuff... the clenser and the toner, i don't know if that helps or not.

the commercials made me actually find this website? so bonus for them???? looked convincing but knew it wasnt the complete answer. i dont know whats better havent done the regime or proactive hehe :) im a newbie to the actual cleansing

proactiv works for about the first few weeks... you get REALLY dry especially if your not used to everything... the cleansers is WAYYY to harsh and irriates your skin if you have sensitive skin... i was on proactive for a long time didnt see the results i was loooking for, now the Dans regiment results came so quickly....

If you notice it says "No. 1 SELLING acne .. " whatever.

not the number one actual product.

all that tells you is it is bought a lot

by those who want their skin fixed..

but like many have said,

it's a matter of the person.. and how it complies with their skin.

differs from person to person.

but the safest bet would be to stick with Dan's.

My acne had gotten so bad that late one night I caught an infomercial for Proactiv and ordered it on the spot. I used it, and it basically sucked. It didn't work for me. BP gel does work for me, but I also need a BCP to combat my pre-menstrual breakouts.

It worked for three of my friends and for my mom's friend, but didn't work for me. Dried the crap out of my skin. I'm in the process of remoisturizing my face before I try any new acne medications.