Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest beanz

oily skin help :(

Guest beanz

hey guys. i've had so much trouble finding make-up that keeps my oily skin under control. i've tried the expensive stuff and the cheap stuff but nothing seems to work. :( Lancome liquid makeup works the best out of everything i've tried. It's supposed to be 14-hr makeup but it only works for like 2 hrs before I start getting oily again. I've also tried clinique, estee lauder, clarins, mac, and that loreal junk. Nothin works that great and has good coverage. Just wondering if anybody else has been frustrated with this and found somethin that actually works. please help! :)

Almay Clear Complexion. Like you, I've tried everything and usually went for the expensive stuff, cos I thought it'd work better. But anyways, Almay Clear Blemish Complexion looks very natural and covers well. AND it has Salysic Acid like 0.6%.

Also, taking care of your skin comes first THEN you should start worrying about make-up cos if your skin is crap, there is no magic foundation that will help it look nice.

Also, since you have oily skin? Have you tried using clay masks? Gosh, those are amazing for oily skin!

Guest blackheadben

covergirl clean oil control foundation (blue lid) does the trick for me. just follow with a liberal amount of powder. in my opinion, pressed looks more natural and not as chalky as loose powder does.

Guest beanz

hmmm no i havent tried clay masks. where do i get it and how much are they? lol i'm willing to try anything right now. i have been seeing a derm and my skin's been clearing up slowly but i can't seem to get this oil under control. a friend of mine uses the almay clear complexion stuff and i actually thought about buying it but i didnt know how it worked for oily skin b/c her's isnt as bad as mine. the cheaper stuff always makes me nervous anyway.

what brand of powder do u use ben? my pressed powder always gets like oil build-up so i tend to buy loose powder instead. yucky, i know.

and do u guys use moisturizer before putting ur makeup on? thanx for the replies btw. ;)

hmmm no i havent tried clay masks. where do i get it and how much are they? lol i'm willing to try anything right now. i have been seeing a derm and my skin's been clearing up slowly but i can't seem to get this oil under control. a friend of mine uses the almay clear complexion stuff and i actually thought about buying it but i didnt know how it worked for oily skin b/c her's isnt as bad as mine. the cheaper stuff always makes me nervous anyway.

what brand of powder do u use ben? my pressed powder always gets like oil build-up so i tend to buy loose powder instead. yucky, i know.

and do u guys use moisturizer before putting ur makeup on? thanx for the replies btw. ;)

Yeah, the cheaper stuff makes me nervous too! BUT, even though Almay Complexion is pretty cheap(like more then 10$ I think) it's freacking awesome.

Here are brands that sell clay masks:

- Clinque... Deep Cleansing Emergency Mask

- Got2be... Clay Mask

Also, check out Sephora, they have a huge selection of clay masks.

For powder, I would recommend Blot Powder(pressed) by MAC(I fucken love it.) It's so transparent and doesn't look caked on and you can set your foundation with it as well. The secret is to use a powder brush when applying it.(I use a MAC powder brush in a travel case.) Those pads that come with powders are disgusting cos the oil gets build up on them and shit. You can wash a powder brush whenever you please.

Also, have you tried taking B5 Vitamins? They help to reduce oil production but read about the dosage and information on how to take them.

mabye you should try the milk or magnesia mask ( thats what it was, right?) that so many of the girls on here have been talking about. Apparently, it's a very good makeup primer for oily skin.

Guest beanz

yeah that mac blot powder is what im using right now. i dont really like it, but i've been using the pad that came with it. the makeup guy that sold it to me said that it doesnt add any color after u apply it, it just absorbs the oil. maybe i'll try using a powder brush with it tho. do u know about how much the masks are gonna cost me? the clinique one is probably the best rite?

and i'll see if i can find some info on the milk masks too. thanx for the replies guys.

yeah that mac blot powder is what im using right now. i dont really like it, but i've been using the pad that came with it. the makeup guy that sold it to me said that it doesnt add any color after u apply it, it just absorbs the oil. maybe i'll try using a powder brush with it tho. do u know about how much the masks are gonna cost me? the clinique one is probably the best rite?

and i'll see if i can find some info on the milk masks too. thanx for the replies guys.

it's 483248823 times better to use a powder brush then the pad. lol. when you use a brush, it goes evenly on your face, you can measure how much you put, etc.

the masks shouldn't be too expensive.

the clinque one is expensive i'm sure, but i don't use that one. i use got2be clay mask, it's pretty cheap but it works so well.

my advice to you will be, don't always go for the expensive stuff. expensive doesn't ALWAYS = good.

Guest funky_monkey

try mineral makeup. It stays on all day and doesnt slide off like liquid foundation.

try mineral makeup. It stays on all day and doesnt slide off like liquid foundation.

How do u get ur mineral makeup to stay on ? mine slides off my face in like an hour thats why i stopped using it cos i felt like i was forever touching it up . Ive just started using Almay clear makeup thanks to you guys raving about it and WOW its brill stays on no breakouts . Ive worked in the beauty industry for 15yrs and have tried every foundation you can think of this one beats them all ! well till the next one ha ha D

Guest beanz

ok so i bought the almay clear complexion make-up and a noxzema bentonite clay mask...i only used it for one day so far but it worked great!! has anybody tried the clear complexion pressed powder with the liquid foundation? i thought about buying it but i wanted to wait and see the reviews first.

How do u get ur mineral makeup to stay on ? mine slides off my face in like an hour thats why i stopped using it cos i felt like i was forever touching it up . Ive just started using Almay clear makeup thanks to you guys raving about it and WOW its brill stays on no breakouts . Ive worked in the beauty industry for 15yrs and have tried every foundation you can think of this one beats them all ! well till the next one ha ha D

I'm curious as to which mineral makeup you used that slid off, because I have had the opposite experience. I have never had to retouch at all, and my skin is ridiculously oily. I just blot with papers and the mineral makeup looks as good as when I put it on in the morning. I use Pure Luxe, but other minerals I have used were the same as far as staying power.

ok so i bought the almay clear complexion make-up and a noxzema bentonite clay mask...i only used it for one day so far but it worked great!! has anybody tried the clear complexion pressed powder with the liquid foundation? i thought about buying it but i wanted to wait and see the reviews first.

how do you like the foundation?

keep us updated. :D

I haven't used the clear complexion pressed powder, but you can read reviews about it on the makeupalley.com.

[.

I'm curious as to which mineral makeup you used that slid off, because I have had the opposite experience. I have never had to retouch at all, and my skin is ridiculously oily. I just blot with papers and the mineral makeup looks as good as when I put it on in the morning. I use Pure Luxe, but other minerals I have used were the same as far as staying power.

Hi KarenD Ive been using Bare Escentuals and i really want to like them cos i like the fact that they are so pure! so i keep giving them a go ( plus the fact ive spent a small fortune on them ha ha ) but they just dont look good on me . Ive got really oily skin and after an hour it looks cakey and un natural and i just want to wipe it all off ! Maybe im putting to much on ? but then i dont feel like they cover enough . I do love the Bare Escentuals warmth god it makes me look so healthy and glowey ! but again you have to put the smallest amount on otherwise you look really orange :surprised: I have never heard of pure luxe ! Why do u prefer that brand?

Guest flutistgurl26

Hmm you know, my skin used to be so oily that people would ask me if I had vaseline on my face! And at the end of the day I would use those oil-blotter sheets.. I usually had to use like FOUR of them!!!! But then I went on Accutane and it permentantly got rid of the oil, and now my skin is normal. I think i've heard of people taking accutnane JUST for the reason of getting rid of the oil. Just another idea..

Guest beanz

k so i just thought the clay mask worked great...maybe my hopes were too high :( it hasn't been doing anything for me since the first day i tried it. any other ideas?