Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
curiousP

what's the best Sunblock/screen?

hey everyone...I am looking for the perfect sunblock to wear under my makeup and have been intrigued by Peter Thomas Roth and Active C by Roche(the guy who made acctuane) I just wanted to see what you guys have found to be good and doesn't cause breakouts or a mad shiny finish. Please help!!

I love Bobbi Brown Sunscreen for face (SPF 25). I'll wear it under my makeup in the summer and it feels really lightweight and doesn't break me out. Plus it's oil-free.

i use eucerin redness relief moisturizer that comes with sunscreen (spf 15) i like it cause its two-in-one and it works pretty well

I've tried Shiseido SPF 55 a few times and it was surprisingly wonderful. It wasn't greasy at all but I do believe its PPD is 8.

I agree with Shiseido's SPF 55. I normally have oily skin, but this sunscreen actually seems to keep the oil at bay. It also doesn't smell like sunscreen, and it makes my makeup go on much more smoothly. :)

I recommend going with higher SPF ratings when you can because the ratings are based off of tests that measure UVB protection when the sunscreen is applied 2mg/cm^2. That's a really thick layer. Most people don't apply even a fourth of that onto their face.

I agree with Shiseido's SPF 55. I normally have oily skin, but this sunscreen actually seems to keep the oil at bay. It also doesn't smell like sunscreen, and it makes my makeup go on much more smoothly. :)

I recommend going with higher SPF ratings when you can because the ratings are based off of tests that measure UVB protection when the sunscreen is applied 2mg/cm^2. That's a really thick layer. Most people don't apply even a fourth of that onto their face.

cool! this one sounds really good...and it doesn't cause breakouts either? I really don't want to get clogged pores from a new product.

Thanks!

cool! this one sounds really good...and it doesn't cause breakouts either? I really don't want to get clogged pores from a new product.

Thanks!

I read a lot of reviews on this before I tried it. No one mentioned getting breakouts from this, but I think any complaints were based on this sunscreen being overdrying. Since I have oily skin, it works out perfectly for me. I don't feel oily by the end of the day. :) It's also waterproof, so you just have to make sure you do a good job washing it off every night.

oh no!!! i need a non-pore clogging, non-irritating sunblock that does NOT dry out the skin...the winter has given me a slight case of eczema...so I definitely can't use anything drying!!! any suggestions? I sound so high maintenance! Gross. :(