Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Long_Term_Acne

the way you look at yourself

I was just thinking, when I look in the mirror, I try to look at the positives of my skin and ignore the negatives If I can, so I basically lie to myself a bit. But when other people look at you, they look at you honestly and jesus, I just dread to think what some people think when they look at my skin, in the wrong light

i hear this. i really wish i were one of the people who can live with their flaws and are seemingly happy. why do i/we focus on the negative so much? its just so hard not to when we have to look it straight in the face every day. i wish i had a hairy back or skinny legs or something instead.

Hi I'm new. I was just reading your post. So true.

I think it is funny when I have a spot and I think it is like a big red boulder sitting on my face and it is all anyone sees. THe funny thing is when I point it out to my friends, they didn't notice it until I pointed it out!

:lol: HA!! We are truely our own worst enemy/critic.

Guest PokaHotAz

i like the way i look... i just hate the spots.. and yes, we are our own worst enemies :wub: Lit

Hehe this is funny.. I do the exact opposite. I look in the mirror and think how horribly ugly I am and I'm constantly aware of all the negatives of my appearance, though if I ever say I'm ugly people reassure me that I'm not.

It never sinks in though, because I know they're just being nice.

Soo ben.. I figure that when you ponder whether people are thinking badly of your appearance, they probably aren't thinking nearly as badly as you might think they are.

beejay, i totally agree with you. my issue is and this is just fucked: no matter how many people say i'm good looking or handsome or whatever, until i think it, it doesnt even register with me. i'm worried though that the issue is deeper than my skin issue and that when i am comfortable with that, it will be something else. i DO know though that when my skin looks good or i THINK it looks good, i love life.

I guess im quite unlucky, ive never really had anyone say im attractive. Nevermind i guess...

i dont believe you. i just looked at your little pic and cant imagine that you've never had anyone say you're cute or good looking.

LOL

I know what you mean...The mirror in my bathroom has horrible lighting...It makes a little pimple look like quarter sticking to your forehead.... The funny thing is when I go outside and the sunshines down it actually almost not there... When I am not home I usually use a car mirror; I am one of those people that will go up to some guy's side mirror on his car and just stare at myself...I just love that reflection get...

Well anyways that way I see it is: "If you feel shitty about yourself it wouldn't matter at all what other people think, they could just mind their fucking business!!"

I guess im quite unlucky, ive never really had anyone say im attractive. Nevermind i guess...

i dont believe you. i just looked at your little pic and cant imagine that you've never had anyone say you're cute or good looking.

Surprising how good Photoshop can make you look :D

My pics aren't photoshopped because I'm wearing makeup in them. It's basically the same thing though. :P I love photoshop too. :wub:

It also helps that i took my pics (two years old now) when i had pretty much cleared up skin thanks to my first course of Isotretinoin :) That combines with some good light, flash and Photoshop gives you a nice pic (or how i wish i looked :P).

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Children can be extremely harsh critics.

Personally, i've not had much of a love affair with myself. I can't remember liking what i look like very often, and Acne just magnifies that feeling.

I can't wash my face without putting out the lights in the bathroom, and leaving the halll light on..what does that tell you about me, and the way I look at myself..Its sad, I just CAN'T STAND the red marks, they get so red sometimes, and just unattractive..

Hehe.. my bathroom has like a peachy orange paint in a rather small room, so when im in there I find I look pretty good somehow. Then I go and look in the mirror downstairs and proceed to cut my face off Equilibrium style.

People give me funny looks all the time.

They also get scared whenever I notice them lookin at me.

I guess I'm weird lookin.. and I don't think its because of the acne.