Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erox

Would this be bad to use?

My face is slghtly red from the regimen I've been using and my neck is a bit more red and irriated. I was thinking about using something to help the redness go away, so does anyknow if these products would help?

I would use it this way

Morning

Cetaphil or Eucerin Redness Relief Soothing Cleanser

Dan's bp when I purchase it

Eucerin Redness Relief Daily Perfecting Lotion SPF 15

Night

Eucerin Redness Relief Tone Perfecting Creme

Would this help keep my skin clean while preventing it from being red and irrited? At the moment I sometimes wait a day or two until I use Cetaphil and my other bp cream products which are 5% because my face is unable to handle it and I don't like my face being red.

My face is slghtly red from the regimen I've been using and my neck is a bit more red and irriated. I was thinking about using something to help the redness go away, so does anyknow if these products would help?

I would use it this way

Morning

Eucerin Redness Relief Daily Perfecting Lotion SPF 15

Night

Eucerin Redness Relief Tone Perfecting Creme

Would this help keep my skin clean while preventing it from being red and irrited? At the moment I sometimes wait a day or two until I use Cetaphil and my other bp cream products which are 5% because my face is unable to handle it and I don't like my face being red.

How long have you been on the regimen? Your skin needs a few weeks to adjust to the BP, and since you said you're using 5%, it's quite possible that you have prolonged irritation. The wash and lotion you want to use sound ideal for managing redness, so I'd say the best thing you can do is to switch to a 2.5% BP (Dan's or Neutrogena On-the-Spot). Unless it's been like this for a while (over 6 weeks or so, maybe?), I would just wait it out for your skin to adjust to the BP.

Also, if you don't get acne on your neck, you can use a thicker lotion that's not necessarily meant for your face...or at least I do. I use Lubriderm Oat-Enriched Therapy lotion on my neck and under my eyes, even though it's meant more for dry skin on your body, because it feels nice and thick, relieves flakes, and doesn't make my eye area sting the way a moisturizer with SPF does. There's no such thing as too much moisturizer when you use a lot of BP, so go nuts with applying it--that might help your redness.