Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm at an all time low. I can't keep a job. I've lost 4 jobs year after year. There is something else very serious that I don't want to get into. A client is ingoring me and owes me money.

AND ON TOP OF IT I SAW MARKS ON MY FACE IN THE MIRROR! THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY DROPPING PART. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

IM AT AN ALL TIME LOW.

I started praying. But I don't know when help will come.

I am sorry to hear about your troubles. Continue to pray..pray at all times, good and bad. Have faith in God. Be patient, and you will find peace. If you ever need anyone to talk to, drop me a line via email or personal message.

tHANK YOU.

But it seems that my prayer only cause more frustration sometimes.

I have a son! I have a wife. I cna't keep a job.

I AM A FAILURE. ALL THE HARD WORK AND EFFORT INTO THING SONLY AMOUNTS TO FAILURE AND SORRY FOR ME

I am sorry to hear about your troubles. Continue to pray..pray at all times, good and bad. Have faith in God. Be patient, and you will find peace. If you ever need anyone to talk to, drop me a line via email or personal message.

tHANK YOU.

But it seems that my prayer only cause more frustration sometimes.

I have a son! I have a wife. I cna't keep a job.

I AM A FAILURE. ALL THE HARD WORK AND EFFORT INTO THING SONLY AMOUNTS TO FAILURE AND SORRY FOR ME

You need to change your attitude. Stop thinking that you are a failure. Be more positive. And do not get frustrated praying, you must be patient. Keep praying and be persistant.

Thanks. But I have prayed and prayed. And I have come so far. That is what is so confusing. I thought my prayers were answered! I thought I made it. But all my jobs are lossed! It's crazy! My wife is scared and so am I. No m atter what I do in life it's just not good enough.

everyone fails. learn from your mistakes and dont repeat them.

But I guess I keep on repeating them. I don't know how not to.

I'm 45 years old! I can't keep a job.

I dont understand people who think just because they pray, that everything is going to be ok. It's like your saying, 'i prayed.. so why isnt life perfect?' If praying was the answer then surely nobody would be on this site.

If solving your problems was as simple as sticking your're hands together and begging then this site wouldnt exist. If you cant keep a job then you need to work out why, and sort it.

Guest PokaHotAz
I dont understand people who think just because they pray, that everything is going to be ok. It's like your saying, 'i prayed.. so why isnt life perfect?' If praying was the answer then surely nobody would be on this site.

If solving your problems was as simple as sticking your're hands together and begging then this site wouldnt exist. If you cant keep a job then you need to work out why, and sort it.

its about having faith that things will get better...not necessarily hoping that "god" will help u out...

at least how i see it... i pray but ...to i dunno who.. just life... hoping that my life gets better... i dunno its more like a coping mechanism for me at least ...

praying is good... its good for the spirit... i dont see praying as religious..

anyway, to the original poster... try and keep a positive attitude... its all u can really do... and try and find solutions to ur problems.. yea, we get low sometimes, but we just gotta pick ourselves up and go at it once again :)

cheer up, hun

"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swaps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists. It is real. It is possible. It is yours."

I am NOT saying prayer will make life perfect and be the answer to my problems! I did NOT say that!!!

But praying does have it's place! I believe prayer is important. I don't pray like I should, so don't get me wrong.

I do believe prayer has it's place. This is too deep for me to get into now.

maybe dont call it praying but keep telling yourself what you want to happen and how you want things to go. picture your ideal situation. i'm a firm believer in the saying: if you really want something, you'll get it. it works for me. well, except for the skin thing. its the ONE thing i seem to not be able to make major changes on which SUCKKKKKKKS. i'm still hoping one day i'll have a complexion i like though.

keep your hopes up man.

For what reasons have you been fired in the past, BeautifulSkinAgain?

Good question. Everything comes hard for me. Sure, I'm bright, and I have talent. But everything comes hard for me. I battle depression and I have a hard time focusing.

So, when I land a great job I end up being let go inn time because other workers are faster than I am.

It's scary. I actually had a good cry today. Crying is something I never do. It was a release.

Thank you all for your support inn this thread. It is well needed, beleive me.

It is important to act on your prayers. You can't just pray and expect everything to be fantastic in your life. And many times God will answer your prayers in a different way than what you expect. Don't ever lose your Faith.

Yes, it is. "Faith without works is dead.." I'm sure you know where that comes from. :)

I thought of an anolgey about prayer. I thought that prayer is like dipping your hands in a big tub of water. When you bring the water in your palms up to you, you are amazed. But the second open your fingers the water falls through your hand. I guess it's up to us to keep our hands closed.

Indulge me. I'm still working on it.

Good question. Everything comes hard for me. Sure, I'm bright, and I have talent. But everything comes hard for me. I battle depression and I have a hard time focusing.

So, when I land a great job I end up being let go inn time because other workers are faster than I am.

It's scary. I actually had a good cry today. Crying is something I never do. It was a release.

I can relate regarding the problems you are having focusing. Judging by what you have shared, it sounds like you do indeed have depression. Have you sought help for it? If it is stopping you from making a living, you certainly should.

And even if you haven't sought help, there are things you can do yourself. One of the most effective ways of alleviating depression is to "re-program" your mind. Currently you have negative thoughts spinning around in your head. You need to get rid of these and replace them with more rational, healthy thoughts.

Have a read of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational-emotive_therapy (ignore the notice about a cleanup at the top, the article is still perfectly valid)

If you take on board and apply all that is mentioned in that article, it will help rid you of your unhealthy thoughts. I understand it might be hard for you to concentrate on that page for so long, but try to get through it. Force yourself. It's important and it may help you. Also try regularly exercising - that is a good way of helping depression. If you can't seem to shake it on your own, see a professional.

I can relate regarding the problems you are having focusing. Judging by what you have shared, it sounds like you do indeed have depression. Have you sought help for it? If it is stopping you from making a living, you certainly should.

And even if you haven't sought help, there are things you can do yourself. One of the most effective ways of alleviating depression is to "re-program" your mind. Currently you have negative thoughts spinning around in your head. You need to get rid of these and replace them with more rational, healthy thoughts.

Have a read of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational-emotive_therapy (ignore the notice about a cleanup at the top, the article is still perfectly valid)

If you take on board and apply all that is mentioned in that article, it will help rid you of your unhealthy thoughts. I understand it might be hard for you to concentrate on that page for so long, but try to get through it. Force yourself. It's important and it may help you. Also try regularly exercising - that is a good way of helping depression. If you can't seem to shake it on your own, see a professional.

Hey, Proverbial thanks for the informatioin. I will read what you offered.

Yes, I have depression. I always have. It is too much to take sometimes.

I think it's what caused me having problems focusing all these years.

I'm with Enilesav, don't just pray for something, go out there and act upon it. Don't look back on life wishing you didn't.

whatever you do don't turn to stupid ideals like God, there are much better ways to feel good about youself, try meditation, it's a bit like praying, except you're not pleading for the help of some fake diety. You just need to sit down in a dark room and try to relax fully and empty your mind of all thoughts, you'll feel much better after half hour meditating

LOL, MasterPattie are you serious? You sound like a fundamentalist.

Don't give any god the credit, if you make it through this, it was through your strength of will alone. The strength is inside you, realise this and you will know you can cope with any situation no matter how adverse.

whatever you do don't turn to stupid ideals like God, there are much better ways to feel good about youself, try meditation, it's a bit like praying, except you're not pleading for the help of some fake diety. You just need to sit down in a dark room and try to relax fully and empty your mind of all thoughts, you'll feel much better after half hour meditating

Stay away from negative people like this^ ,lol ! :angel:

He doesn't sound particularly negative to me. Merely offering a suggestion other then: -

"Pray! Pray for your soul! Getting fired was the work of the devil!!!"

Or some other useless pap.

its about having faith that things will get better...not necessarily hoping that "god" will help u out...

at least how i see it... i pray but ...to i dunno who.. just life... hoping that my life gets better... i dunno its more like a coping mechanism for me at least ...

praying is good... its good for the spirit... i dont see praying as religious..

anyway, to the original poster... try and keep a positive attitude... its all u can really do... and try and find solutions to ur problems.. yea, we get low sometimes, but we just gotta pick ourselves up and go at it once again :)

cheer up, hun

aww i like that :) the whole dust yourself off and try again thing :cool: Makes stuff a lot easier if you dont sit around crying, just think- ok, we'll start again

LOL, MasterPattie are you serious? You sound like a fundamentalist.

Don't give any god the credit, if you make it through this, it was through your strength of will alone. The strength is inside you, realise this and you will know you can cope with any situation no matter how adverse.

I'm 45, I don't need anyone tell me what to believe in or what not to believe in.

I do appreciate patties suggestion. Anyone teaching against praying it just trying to cause trouble and push their own agenda on this thread. Go ahead and don't pray if you don't want to. I'm not trying to push my beliefs on you, so don't push yours on me.

Bueatiful Skin - since I've been working (that's roughly 7 years) I've had over 20 jobs. Yep, 20. This last job has lasted almost 2 years - the longest EVER. It's hard on your image when you can't keep a job, but please know YOU are NOT the job.

You are you, not what you to do pay the bills. Please know that.

What client is ignoring you? Could you explain?

To the others - Sweet Zombie Jesus, folks, leave the religion and science crap OUT OF IT. If someone says they believe in God, they believe in God. If someone says they don't, they don't.

Deal with the fact that others don't believe like you and get over your pompous selves.

Bueatiful Skin - since I've been working (that's roughly 7 years) I've had over 20 jobs. Yep, 20. This last job has lasted almost 2 years - the longest EVER. It's hard on your image when you can't keep a job, but please know YOU are NOT the job.

You are you, not what you to do pay the bills. Please know that.

What client is ignoring you? Could you explain?

To the others - Sweet Zombie Jesus, folks, leave the religion and science crap OUT OF IT. If someone says they believe in God, they believe in God. If someone says they don't, they don't.

Deal with the fact that others don't believe like you and get over your pompous selves.

Hi Elsewhere,

You handle reminds me of John Lennon's Mind Games song when he sings "absolute elswhere in the stones of your mind." I don't know what that means, but it sounds beautiful!

My client finally got back to me. He keeps on telling me the check is in the mail. I have not gotten it yet. Mabye today it's in the mailbox, I have not checked. I don't want to be disapointed! LOL!

He finally emailed me and said he has to find out what the board wants to do wtih the new website I am supposed to design. So that is up in the air.

I am 45 so I can' afford to keep losing these jobs. It has caused a great amount of stress. I fear failure everywhere, and if something does not go right then I panic. This may be some sort of self fulfilling prophecy, I don't know.

I'm sorry you lost so many jobs. I hope thing work o ut for the both of us.

Yes, we are not our jobs. I have to remind myself that even t hough I may fail I c an s till h ave goodness in me. That is what makes me. Not my job. I can suffer through my failures with integrity, dignity, humility, and goodness.

It's like what the Bible says: Love is patient, Love is Kind...

Yes, we should all understand we have different beliefs and live at peace.

Why the fuck is everyone knocking him for trusting in God? If someone finds their strength from trusting in God, then more power to them! I agree with what beautifulskinagain said..."I'm 45, I don't need anyone tell me what to believe in or what not to believe in.

I do appreciate patties suggestion. Anyone teaching against praying it just trying to cause trouble and push their own agenda on this thread. Go ahead and don't pray if you don't want to. I'm not trying to push my beliefs on you, so don't push yours on me."

Listen to that...and stop with this "fuck God" attitude. It's not helping him any, as he has already made it clear that he believes. This is a post about him asking for help. It's not helping him any by telling him that he's wrong for his beliefs. He didn't tell you that you were wrong for not believing...so don't act like he shouldn't believe in the thing that gives him hope and strength.

Just because you're pissed at God because you have acne, or whatever reason it may be, doesn't mean that you should try to make others believe that there isn't even a God at all. Especially since he already believes that there is.

What is the point in even posting in this thread if you do nothing but cut him down over such a serious issue? That leads nowhere. Only to conflict and more bickering.

Look, I don't see you as a failure. You shouldn't either. You have a wife and children, and you care enough about your, and their situation to be so distraught about it. At least you care, which is more than a lot of people can say. You only fail if you choose not to try. Pray to God and ask for guideance. It may not come in the way you expect, but it will come. Don't focus on it, just live. You will find your way.

Love your family first, and show them that. That is most important. Be a loving husband and a good father. Everything else will fall into place. Don't rush it, or focus too hardly on it, or you will forget what is most important in life. Not money, but those you love, and those who love you. Even if you never find a prefect job you can keep, you have them...which will allow you to strive for more.

Keep your faith, and good luck with everything.