Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BHA765

I think I'm getting somewhere...

Okay... so are those two the same thing? Because people have been talking about red marks not going away for a long time... not to piss anyone off, but mine seem to go away within a month (on my face, my back is a whole different story). Cuz I thought it was normal... basically that you get a pimple, it's there for a week or so... then it lessens into a red mark. And my red marks are usually gone within a month or so. So am I thinking about a different red mark? And do all pimples turn into red marks? And most importantly, how come when you say pimple so many times, it starts to sound funny?

Hearing everyone else talk about their pimples confuses me about mine.

Most people hear are either using BP or Accutane, which can push back healing rates for faces. Scar/Red Marks are similar, red marks being that the body is still healing but usually, after accutane, those red marks are scars. Period.

Most people hear are either using BP or Accutane, which can push back healing rates for faces. Scar/Red Marks are similar, red marks being that the body is still healing but usually, after accutane, those red marks are scars. Period.

whoa whoa whoa. i didnt know that about BP. I used proactive/acne free for months until my major breakouts went away. i was left with red marks covering both cheeks...completely RUINS my face. the red marks have been here for about 3 months, so do you think they will scar or what? man thats like the question of my life right there. they do not appear deep, but they are the exact shape that people with scars are left with. fuck im scared

I have two red marks that are from cysts from almost 6 months ago. marks are still there. they have slightly faded. there is no identation or raised bump so I think I may be ok in the end. I'm sure the red goes away eventually after time.

I have heard that it can take 20 months plus for red marks to fade completely.

Red marks are not scars.

They're just inflamations under your skin. It's temporary, but the severe ones may last for up to 2 years in some cases, and even then, it's usually replaced with hyperpigmentation (dark spots). Scars are damage to the skin surface, which is kinda permanent, unless you treat it somehow.

whoa whoa whoa. i didnt know that about BP. I used proactive/acne free for months until my major breakouts went away. i was left with red marks covering both cheeks...completely RUINS my face. the red marks have been here for about 3 months, so do you think they will scar or what? man thats like the question of my life right there. they do not appear deep, but they are the exact shape that people with scars are left with. fuck im scared

Don't be scared...they not scars nor when they fade away will turn to scars. You just have severely damaged skin underneath. The damage left behind from acne pimples.

But...I got great news...there are good products like Glycolic Acid that helps you remove most of those damaged layers of skin to reach the root and renew those damaged areas.

Don't be scared...they not scars nor when they fade away will turn to scars. You just have severely damaged skin underneath. The damage left behind from acne pimples.

But...I got great news...there are good products like Glycolic Acid that helps you remove most of those damaged layers of skin to reach the root and renew those damaged areas.

yes, for BP this is true. As for Accutane, I do have scars, and I have to wait it out. Scars happen. :wall: