Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
loulou22

euricen

Hi I was just wondering why it says we shouldnt use this moisturiser to start off with?

I have been doing the csr for 1 week now and my skin has actually got worse but hopefully it is clearing out.

I need a decent moisturiser tho as my skin is very dry and flaky am currently using dove soap to wash,quinoderm 5% for the bp and then oil free moisturiser form tesco. Do these products sound ok?

Thanks everyone xx

The Eucerin contains an acid which is too harsh to use when your skin is first getting used to BP, so you should wait a while until you start using it. I noticed your in the UK and we don't have the Eucerin skin renewal everyone talks about on here anyway, but there is a great moisturiser available from Boots- Eucerin dry skin relief face cream with 5% urea. At the start of the regimen I was unbelievably dry and this stuff helped soooo much! Also your using a 5% BP which may be one of the reasons your dryness is so bad, so you should condier switching to a 2.5% like Oxy on the Spot available from Boots. Although I would recommend Dan's gel which you get from this website, its unbeatable! And even with shipping I think it works out at about the same price as BP's in the UK as the tube is so much bigger.

Good Luck with the regimen! :)

Eucerin if the renewing lotion does bothersome effects to your skin use the eucerin sensitive facial skin. It hasnt bothered my skin one bit and i use klear skin products which has PB. Also use the eucerin redness relief perfecting cream. Works wonders i must say.

I was just looking on the side of my tube of eucerin dry skin relief (uk version) and I noticed there is lactic acid in it - isnt that an AHA? I know it isnt as strong as glcolic acid but it would probably still cause irritation in the beginning so probably best to wait a few weeks to use it even though it's the UK version.