Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pokerking101

Maybe accutane dosnt work for everyone

So i have been on accutane for over 2 months. I have done every thing I have been told to, but yet im still getting new break outs. Technically i just finished week 9, and this last week my dossage was bumped up from 40 to 60 but i havnt noticed a difference. I had never had a cyst before accutane and now I have them all over my back and some on my chest and face. I really dont under stand why a drug that is meant to cure acne makes it worse at first, in an initial break out. Is it abnormal to still be getting an initial breakout for over a month? I am starting to wonder if going on the drug was the right choice.

So i have been on accutane for over 2 months. I have done every thing I have been told to, but yet im still getting new break outs. Technically i just finished week 9, and this last week my dossage was bumped up from 40 to 60 but i havnt noticed a difference. I had never had a cyst before accutane and now I have them all over my back and some on my chest and face. I really dont under stand why a drug that is meant to cure acne makes it worse at first, in an initial break out. Is it abnormal to still be getting an initial breakout for over a month? I am starting to wonder if going on the drug was the right choice.

wait and see. Accutane works for everyone, it's vitamin A poisoning. SOme people dont clear up completely till the last day.

Guest Tenshi

i didnt see a change until 12 weeks give or take..and that was only when they stopped coming..it was a few more weeks until i noticed the existing ones were fading away..im on month 5 and a bit and im very very pleased..it almost just happens. i was like u, counting the days, thinking it wouldn't work and now it's like i just take it for granted..i dont even think about being on accutane..i have 2 more months to go..dont worry, many times this happens and u will clear up and be surprised and amazed like everyone else too... :)

2 months? That's nothing. I still had acne on month 4.. though less.. and then it was like magic cos it all disappeared.