Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
porad

Accutane 2nd Course experience needed

I did a full 5 month course reaching @ 130mg/kg and I achieved clearance while on it. Now, two months later, pimples are slowly returning, and the oil on my nose is back.

I have a derm appointment on Monday and I'd like to go on a second course. My question is this: if I didn't achieve longterm clearance after one course is there any reason to expect I might from a second?

Experiences would be greatly appreciated.

the same thing happened to me.

i'm at the end of my 2nd course. ugh. there were times when i had to stop taking my pills for like 3-5 days cos my lips were fucking way too dry.

i'm not sure if 2nd course works or not.

i'm at the end of my 2nd course. ugh. there were times when i had to stop taking my pills for like 3-5 days cos my lips were fucking way too dry.

How long of a break did you have inbetween courses? Did you notice anything different in the 2nd course (acne taking shorter/longer period to clear, etc)?

Thanks and goodluck :)

I haven't had a 2nd course, but the chance of it staying away for good is definitly larger after 2 courses.

I forgot to mention that im on my second course of Isotretinoin, technically day 11 (40mg). So far during the first week there was a much quicker drop in acne produced, but sebum levels seem to be relatively the same.

More noteable side effects at this stage (11 days):

* Very itchy skin and scalp (didnt notice this so much with first course)

* Skin seems more sensitive to light.

The 2nd course greatly increases the odds of complete remission. Even if not, the odds of it reducing your acne condition to "manageable" is extremely high. If a derm will prescribe a second course you should seriously consider it. The number of people who are ever prescribed a third course is VERY low.

How long of a break did you have inbetween courses? Did you notice anything different in the 2nd course (acne taking shorter/longer period to clear, etc)?

Thanks and goodluck :)

thanks! :D

2 months.

2nd course: skin and ESPECIALLY lips were dry as hell(i suggest you ask your derm to prescribe you something for your lips), more joint knee pains, depression(lack of interest, etc... AND extreme mood swings), tiredness, bad vision, very dry elbows.

oh and with both of my courses, acne started to go away right away. i never had an initial breakout.