Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tanglepants290

New Accutane Regulations

i was just wondering...i'm 16 years old and not sexually active, am i still gonna have to get pregnancy tests done before going on tane? and as far as thats concerned the new article that was posted said that the home kind won't do...so does that mean they will take more blood? i'm a tad confused :eh::shifty:

i was just wondering...i'm 16 years old and not sexually active, am i still gonna have to get pregnancy tests done before going on tane? and as far as thats concerned the new article that was posted said that the home kind won't do...so does that mean they will take more blood? i'm a tad confused :eh: :shifty:

it means you have to sign a waiver saying you promise not to get pregnant while on it

other than that i think you still get the usual monthly checkup and blood work done

i was just wondering...i'm 16 years old and not sexually active, am i still gonna have to get pregnancy tests done before going on tane? and as far as thats concerned the new article that was posted said that the home kind won't do...so does that mean they will take more blood? i'm a tad confused :eh: :shifty:

Regardless of the fact that you are not sexually active, your derm will still need two negative pregnancy tests before giving you the script. For me, the first one was a urine test done in the office, the second one was a blood test in the lab. That was for the first month tho, now they just test me once a month when i get my blood work done. If they already took your blood, chances are they are testing for the pregnancy hormone along with your cholesterol and trigly., they are very strict about this. My derm told me that she even tests women who have had hysterectomies!! They dont take any chances!!