Notifications
Clear all

tiny small lumps mainly all over forehead

MemberMember
(@discokid)

Posted : 02/23/2006 5:43 pm

Hi all. I was plagued with moderate yet extremely persistent acne from age 15-23 years. Tried most cleaning regimes and over the counter chems to little avail. Finally bit the bullet and went on Accutane for 6 months and the only regret I had is that I did it 5 years sooner. Side effects, yes, but what amazing results. The confidence I lost for those eight years came rushing back and my life was back on track..

2 years later and my face is basically clear with none of the old stubborn nodules appearing. However recently my forehead has become covered in small bumps - nothing like I've seen before. They're like all my pores have raised - flesh toned, not painful at all, but very obvious under good light.

I went back on Accutane for another 4 months, and like magic they disappeared. However after coming off they re-apeared only three months later.

Compared to my teen years these aren't that much to worry about. But under bright light they're obvious and are really starting to bug me, espceially when I contrast this with the two year honeymoon period after Accutane! I have an excellent diet and work out a lot, although I am a natural-born-stresser :| This must be hormonal, but I really don't want to go on Accutane for the rest of my life... !?

Anyone suffered the same or can give any recommends?

MemberMember
(@cn_123)

Posted : 02/24/2006 4:03 am

Hi all. I was plagued with moderate yet extremely persistent acne from age 15-23 years. Tried most cleaning regimes and over the counter chems to little avail. Finally bit the bullet and went on Accutane for 6 months and the only regret I had is that I did it 5 years sooner. Side effects, yes, but what amazing results. The confidence I lost for those eight years came rushing back and my life was back on track..

2 years later and my face is basically clear with none of the old stubborn nodules appearing. However recently my forehead has become covered in small bumps - nothing like I've seen before. They're like all my pores have raised - flesh toned, not painful at all, but very obvious under good light.

I went back on Accutane for another 4 months, and like magic they disappeared. However after coming off they re-apeared only three months later.

Compared to my teen years these aren't that much to worry about. But under bright light they're obvious and are really starting to bug me, espceially when I contrast this with the two year honeymoon period after Accutane! I have an excellent diet and work out a lot, although I am a natural-born-stresser :| This must be hormonal, but I really don't want to go on Accutane for the rest of my life... !?

Anyone suffered the same or can give any recommends?

hello,

I have similar condition as well, i never suffered from acne or have those "bumps" on anywhere else on my face/body except for my forehead. They are barely noticeable and i can easily cover it up with some foundation BUT !!! i can definately feel them when i touch my forehead, which bothers me alot alot !!!

I also noticed that, for myself.. they tend to gather more around the hairline and my eye browes...

Recently, i changed my cleasner and lotion and those bumps were back. Soooo, maybe it could be the products you are using. For myself, i changed to a different brand and iam semi-following the Regimen.

I only apply the BP 2.5% at night time (but use generous amount) because i dont care what anyone says, i CAN NOT get it to absorb into my skin (like how Dan does in his videos). So i can not go out in the public with the BP on, i have white flakes ALL OVER. AND i don't put any lotion on top of BP. When i try to put the lotion on top of BP, the BP gets all mushy and then starts forming little doughs on my forehead. LOL...

But anyhow, i've been using it for about a week and it's been working pretty good. the bumps started disappearing on the second day and how, my face is pretty much clear.

You might wanna try the method.

Good luck~

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 02/24/2006 1:58 pm

My first question was whether there could be any correlation to hair products ... but if Accutane got rid of 'em, they're probably just closed comedones.

You could zap em with Retin A or with an OTC high-potency retinol cream like Green Cream. I had similar bumps all over my face and was able to get rid of them (see regimen in my signature).

MemberMember
(@brig)

Posted : 03/05/2006 1:55 pm

Actually I recently got those, they look soo bad. I fugure they won't go away on their own?

Did some research on comedones , and it says

Comedones are the skin-coloured, small bumps (papules) frequently found on the forehead and chin of those with acne.

Open comedones are blackheads; black because of surface pigment (melanin) rather than dirt

Closed comedones are whiteheads; the follicle is completely blocked

Larger and deeper uninflamed bumps are called nodules. They are more common on the trunk than on the face

The cells lining the sebaceous duct proliferate excessively in acne (cornification) and may block the sebaceous duct forming a comedone. These may be so small that they are not visible to the naked eye (microcomedones).

Aggravating factors

Comedones are aggravated by:

Reduced levels of linoleate (a component of sebum) resulting in more scale and reduced barrier function

Free fatty acids (made from sebum by bacteria)

Excessive activity of the local hormone 5-testosterone (DHT)

Interleukin 1 (IL-1) this is a chemical messenger (cytokine) produced by the cells lining the follicle

Rupture of the follicle by injury eg by excessive squeezing of pimples, after abrasive washing, chemical peels or laser resurfacing, or simply from the presence of hard dried-up sebum poking through the wall of the follicle

Overhydrated skin eg premenstrually, from moisturisers or in tropical conditions

Contact with certain chemicals including isopropyl myristate, propylene glycol and some dyes (which may be found in certain cosmetics)

(source: http://dermnetnz.org/acne/comedones.html)

think my new mosturizer overhydrated my skin....anybody know a good mositurizer?

MemberMember
(@timy)

Posted : 03/05/2006 7:53 pm

Actually I recently got those, they look soo bad. I fugure they won't go away on their own?

Did some research on comedones , and it says

Comedones are the skin-coloured, small bumps (papules) frequently found on the forehead and chin of those with acne.

Open comedones are blackheads; black because of surface pigment (melanin) rather than dirt

Closed comedones are whiteheads; the follicle is completely blocked

Larger and deeper uninflamed bumps are called nodules. They are more common on the trunk than on the face

The cells lining the sebaceous duct proliferate excessively in acne (cornification) and may block the sebaceous duct forming a comedone. These may be so small that they are not visible to the naked eye (microcomedones).

Aggravating factors

Comedones are aggravated by:

Reduced levels of linoleate (a component of sebum) resulting in more scale and reduced barrier function

Free fatty acids (made from sebum by bacteria)

Excessive activity of the local hormone 5-testosterone (DHT)

Interleukin 1 (IL-1) this is a chemical messenger (cytokine) produced by the cells lining the follicle

Rupture of the follicle by injury eg by excessive squeezing of pimples, after abrasive washing, chemical peels or laser resurfacing, or simply from the presence of hard dried-up sebum poking through the wall of the follicle

Overhydrated skin eg premenstrually, from moisturisers or in tropical conditions

Contact with certain chemicals including isopropyl myristate, propylene glycol and some dyes (which may be found in certain cosmetics)

(source: http://dermnetnz.org/acne/comedones.html)

think my new mosturizer overhydrated my skin....anybody know a good mositurizer?

Hey guys I seem to be having the same problem as well. Although I don't notice it oten, I was looking in the rearview mirror today in my truck and noticed skin colored bumps on the side of my face, temples, chin area, and ofcourse my forehead. I have no idea why they won't go away, I too was on accutane and didnt have any trouble while on, but now I get all this.

MemberMember
(@discokid)

Posted : 03/13/2006 7:20 pm

Here's a photo of my forehead at the end of a typical day. Much more evident by the evening - when I wake in the morning they're not as 'aggitated'.

I'm seeing the derm in a few weeks, but does anyone know what type of acne this is?

IPB Image

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 03/13/2006 8:53 pm

Here's a photo of my forehead at the end of a typical day. Much more evident by the evening - when I wake in the morning they're not as 'aggitated'.

I'm seeing the derm in a few weeks, but does anyone know what type of acne this is?

IPB Image

Comedonal acne ... clogged pores, basically.

Best way to get rid of this is by using a retinoid product that works under the skin to clean out the pores, and by exfoliating regularly to keep the pores clear at the surface.

MemberMember
(@failure)

Posted : 03/15/2006 11:38 pm

will aha work on these fuckers?

MemberMember
(@failure)

Posted : 03/16/2006 2:23 am

?????

MemberMember
(@failure)

Posted : 03/16/2006 10:08 pm

*ahem*

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 03/16/2006 10:38 pm

Maybe. Mandelic acid is a powerful antibacterial AHA that's supposed to be great for acne. Click on the Diana Yvonne link in my sig ..... the site sells samples of it if you want to give it a go.

MemberMember
(@claudiah)

Posted : 12/02/2012 8:35 pm

discokid, did you figure out a way to get rid of the bumps?