Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mac

Is Accutane As Effective For Mild/Mod Acne As It Is For..

What Do You Guys Think?

I know everyone is different but do u think Accutane Will work for mild/mod acne....

Do you think That with mild acne on accutane the acne will go away forever?

Just an opinion!

I don't know if Accutane is more or less effective on mild acne. I have mild acne and I am going to go on Accutane ( IF SOMEONE WOULD CALL ME ABOUT MY BLOOD TEST RESULTS), so I would imagine that it is effective or my derm would not be prescribing it.

I don't know if Accutane is more or less effective on mild acne. I have mild acne and I am going to go on Accutane ( IF SOMEONE WOULD CALL ME ABOUT MY BLOOD TEST RESULTS), so I would imagine that it is effective or my derm would not be prescribing it.

same thing here..my derm has the bloodwork...he sent them to my family doctor he told me to call them and to get the results but thye dont have them yet...AHHHH lol

Probably better off asking your Doctor or Dermatologist for a definite answer. The thing to remember is that all people are different, even if they seem to have similar acne, it will react differently to various treatments.

I have friends who took antibiotics for a few breakouts on their face, completely cleared them up for good.

Since sebum seems to be realted to acne production and isotretinoin controls sebum production, it stands to reason that it would probably help with less severe types of acne as well.

Probably better off asking your Doctor or Dermatologist for a definite answer. The thing to remember is that all people are different, even if they seem to have similar acne, it will react differently to various treatments.

I have friends who took antibiotics for a few breakouts on their face, completely cleared them up for good.

Since sebum seems to be realted to acne production and isotretinoin controls sebum production, it stands to reason that it would probably help with less severe types of acne as well.

I know some cases,,it clears them up fr life...what do u gusy thnk the % is?

It is just as effective, if not more, unless your mild is caused by something you are doing really wrong, like over scrubbing, at least thats what my derm said. No one will know a percentage as the studies are done on recurrent cystic acne which is nothing like mild acne.

its been proven to be less effective for persistent mild acne. For some reason people with severe acne have longer remission time. I read that in a scientific paper and am not making that up. I can find it again if your really curious. And when you speak of effectiveness of accutane you are basically referring to remission time, because it clears almost all cases regardless of severity.

Don't lose hope Posh, I have a feeling you will clear up and have beautiful skin forever, very soon. You have a beautiful complexion and when you get rid of your spots, your face will be flawless! :D

Gregory, do you know what studies have proved this? I looked up every accutane study in my university 's library and could not find any to support this claim that accutane is not as effective on mild cases of acne? I am interested to read it, and see if its a scholary journal, peer reviewed, etc. Thanks man! :) I want to show my derm this so she does not give any of us mild cases false hope!!

Don't lose hope Posh, I have a feeling you will clear up and have beautiful skin forever, very soon. You have a beautiful complexion and when you get rid of your spots, your face will be flawless! :D

Gregory, do you know what studies have proved this? I looked up every accutane study in my university 's library and could not find any to support this claim that accutane is not as effective on mild cases of acne? I am interested to read it, and see if its a scholary journal, peer reviewed, etc. Thanks man! :) I want to show my derm this so she does not give any of us mild cases false hope!!

Thanks, lets hope its proved wrong hey :comfort: