Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using pan oxyl for the past 3 weeks, and I have all these purple marks on my face now!! :( my face looks terrible. I'm going to order some Oxy on the spot from boots online.. see if that works :pray:

i have been on panoyl 2.5 for 10months now...

im clear of all small spots, though now get big ones that stay under the surface, then stay for fucking AGES and keep coming back in the same place.

does anyone know which ones are best to prevent pores from blocking?

i find this isnt really strong enough...my skin still gets oily even if i smother myself in panoxyl, is a stronger %bp better, or will this just make it flaky?

Roopoo, i used to use panoxyl as well and it pretty much kept me clear but occassionally i'd still get cysts. Using more panoxyl helped slightly but it also made my skin ridiculously dry so that would lead to more spots.

So last month i started using dans bp and i cannot reccommend it highly enough. I am now about 99% clear now. The great thing is you can use less than your using now and it will still do a better job. Also its no where near as drying as panoxyl - you can barely feel it on your face after applying. Just try it out, its so much better than panoxyl.

heyhey thanks :)

looks like im gonna chance changing to Dans, after weighing up the different products.

an excellent choice my good man :D

I have tried most of the BP creams here in the UK.

I used to have moderate acne and a LOT of red marks.

I tried panoxyl but it was too harsh no matter how long I used it for or how much moisturiser I used.

I also tried OXY on the spot..that was OK but the consistency was a bit weird..kinda tacky.

The best BP stuff i've used is QUINODERM 5. I have been acne free for 2 years since I started using that cream. I only use it once or twice a week now. My acne was so stubborn too and was just starting to turn into big cysts etc....thank god I found that BP cream thats all I can say, I am nearly positive that if I hadn't started using it then it would have turned into fairly severe acne with deep scars.

I tried panoxyl but it was too harsh no matter how long I used it for or how much moisturiser I used.

I also tried OXY on the spot..that was OK but the consistency was a bit weird..kinda tacky.

The best BP stuff i've used is QUINODERM 5. I have been acne free for 2 years since I started using that cream. I only use it once or twice a week now. My acne was so stubborn too and was just starting to turn into big cysts etc....thank god I found that BP cream thats all I can say, I am nearly positive that if I hadn't started using it then it would have turned into fairly severe acne with deep scars.

hey thx for ur advice ..... i was using panoxyl and u know wat ,,, it flaked my face so much tht i dijt go for my job for 2 days ... my face was full of peeled skin ... horrible .... ill try quinoderm now ... how much does it cost ? can i get it in boots ?? does it come to 2.5 % ?? can i use eucerin with it ... thx .. i m frm london anyways ....

hey thx for ur advice ..... i was using panoxyl and u know wat ,,, it flaked my face so much tht i dijt go for my job for 2 days ... my face was full of peeled skin ... horrible .... ill try quinoderm now ... how much does it cost ? can i get it in boots ?? does it come to 2.5 % ?? can i use eucerin with it ... thx .. i m frm london anyways ....

No problem. panoxyl made my face flake so much too, I looked like I had snake skin or my skin was shedding or something. Quinoderm does not come in 2.5% but that doesn't seem to matter, it's nowhere near as drying as any of the other bp products I've used. I just used any moisturiser and it worked really well so i'm sure eucerin will be fine.

You can get it from superdrug I think, at the pharmacy counter. Just ask for QUINODERM 5, specify that you want the 5% and not the 10%. It's a big tube and only costs around 4 quid. I'm sure you can also buy it from small chemists. I always managed to get it from my local chemist.

It really did a lot for my skin, since using it my whole skin has just changed for the better. I used to avoid mirrors as I hated my skin so much but now my it looks good in any lighting. It took a while for my skin to totally clear up though.

I hope this works for you, I didn't think anything would work on my skin but my best friend then also someone else told me about Quinoderm.

I found it entirely depends on where you are using it.

I get very few spots on my face but loads on my chest and back. I tried Quinoderm 5 for a while and that seemed to work quite well, the 10 was much better for the back and chest but I couldn't use it on my face.

I then tried Dans gel for 2 months, that was absolutely useless on my back and chest, so I have gone back to the Quinoderm 10 for that area and use the remaining Dan gel on my face. Only problem with the Quinoderm is that it makes you smell like chemical soup whereas Dans gel was fairly odourless.

I'm trying out Quinoderm 5 and it stinks and itches a little. Seems a little less irritating than Panoxyl Acnegel 5 but worse than Oxy On The Spot which I think is the best bp for people who want to stick strictly the regimen.