Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im sure this has been asked a zillion times but what do people think is the best BP product? ive been using panoyxl for a few months but it can be a bit too drying and its leaving red marks every so often.

Im thinking of ordering Dans BP but it seems a bit pricey to ship from the US.

I STARTED OFF ON OXY ON THE SPOT BUT AM NOW USING PANOXYL WHICH MAKES MY SKIN RED TOO, BUT OXY LEAVES A FILM OM YOUR FACE SO PANOXYL IS BETTER IN THAT SENSE

Panoxyl aquagel is one nasty fuck, and you should avoid at all cost.

I personally found quinoderm 5% to be the best offer in the UK. It's cheap, it rubs and absorbed very easily, and it doesn't smell like you've been dumped into a chemical pit.

I would suggest ordering Dan's BP, and even with postage for 2 tubes it works out at about £15 but the tubes are so much bigger than other BP's it ends up costing about the same. I started the regimen with PanOxyl but found it made me very dry and red and Dan's gel didn't do this nearly as much :)

i have totally given up on BP creams, i've tried the oxy one and quinoderm. When I first use them they work well but then as i gradually get using the product longer the less effect it has. I just use neutrogena products because i find they work well.

I STARTED OFF ON OXY ON THE SPOT BUT AM NOW USING PANOXYL WHICH MAKES MY SKIN RED TOO, BUT OXY LEAVES A FILM OM YOUR FACE SO PANOXYL IS BETTER IN THAT SENSE

wow i feel like you just got into my face and SCREAMED at me

I'm using the panoxyl aquagel at the moment and it's helping my acne but my face is flaking like crazy :(

I started using Panoxyl about 2 weeks ago. The redness has now gone, but the flaking is still there. Does anyone know if this will stop eventually?

Guest yahyah

Well, I would definately recommend buying Dan's CSR gel.. I've tried DUAC (5% BP) and Panoxyl (2.5%) and both are incredibly and unnecessarily drying. When I first switched to Dan's BP I got the 'initial breakout' but its definately much more gentler on your skin and tougher on your acne.. I know some people thinks its a bit pricey, but is your acne is troubling you then a few extra quid is definately worth it for some serious results, right?

Currently using Oxy OTS... doing a solid job but I think it could be better.... but maybe that's just being greedy as my results overall are better than i've seen in years.

When I was on the regimen I used Panoxyl, and yup, it killed my acne, but killed my face too (I was using it all over my face). To get the flaking to a minimum, make sure you apply moisturizer as you need it. I use Panoxyl to dab on each individual breakout as my acne isn't as bad as what it used to be, but I agree, It is very harsh cream compared to some of the others on the Uk market.

i was using brevoxyl 4% BP an its ok i guess, i started it before xmas with no moisturiser coz i hadnt come on here yet an dint know what i was doin,

neway i did it on a friday, by monday my skin was clear, i mean clear clear!

but that doesnt last as my skin started to dry out bigstyle an a few weeks later my skin was so dry an spots were forming due to skin being too dry.

now i stil use brevoxyl and eucerin dry skin renewal to stop dryskin,

ive just ordered dans CRS BP an after all ive read im sure its much better and i wud suggest buying dans product too, i paid £19 for a tube with 2-5day postage an i think that isnt really that bad, nexttime il order more than 1tube if its good.!

Ive just got my latest order, 5 tubes for 8 quid each, thats with DHL shipping. orderd thrusday, came monday.

Used to use Oxy 2.5% but like the others say leaves white residue, now i'm using Panoxyl 2.5% which is great, however i'm switching to CSR when it arrives next week but I don't see any problem with using Panoxyl as a regular. As for flaking just use enough moisturiser till the dryness is gone, that's what it's there for!

I am using panoxyl aqua gel and though there was some drying and redness the first few weeks, it has died down now.

And I am getting clearer and clearer every day!! been on it for about 6 weeks and it really is working :D

Guest T.M.

I'd rather use paint stripper on my face than Panoxyl! I use it on my back now and again when I get a break out but thats about it. Very very harsh stuff indeed. I know money might be tight and all but go a week or something with out partying or eating or something :) and get Dan's stuff, you'll not regret it. I've used everything and nothing has came close and it lasts forever!

I've used panoxyl for a few years. Started on the 5 and now on the 10. Works fab for me!

I dab it onto the spots and then use a bit of tissue to wipe away the excess. After it dries I put on some moisturiser.

No redness or dryness! :D

I also sugguest Dan's Clear Skin Regimin gel. its great, you may experience few red spots on problem areas, but stick with it. my skin has really cleared up and smoothed out. I also have a much more mild acne now, (only whiteheads, and maybe 1 at a time).

I've never had much success with BP on its own. Panoxyl is certainly not pleasant and Oxy on the spot did little for me. I found Brevoxyl to be the least irritating and I read recently there is a reason why it could be more effective, but I can't remember why at the minute!

I've never had much success with BP on its own. Panoxyl is certainly not pleasant and Oxy on the spot did little for me. I found Brevoxyl to be the least irritating and I read recently there is a reason why it could be more effective, but I can't remember why at the minute!

Is that Brevoxyl a cream or a gel? I looked at the Stiefel website (same people who produce Panoxyl!) and it says it's a cream but then it's described as a gel :doh: . I definitely need a gel because I find creams don't absorb and make my skin oily.

im thinking of switching from csr gel to Panoxyl 10% wash as im getting fed up of applying creams/gels and having them on my face all day anyone tryed this wash?

I doubt it will be nearly as effective. With washes they only stay on your skin for a few seconds and then are washed off, whereas as gels and creams stay on all day and so have all day to work :)

I used Panoxyl Wash 10 and it really didn't work. Acne slowly came back over about 2 months. It also made my skin very tight so I may have had more success if I'd used a moisturiser but I doubt it.