Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Akira

eventually, its an antibiotic and your body is a clever sneaky bastard and will eventually find a way to resist it, however there are 2 more in the family in the form of Tetracycline and Oxymicillin or something like that. They do basically the same thing, and if all else fails you can always play the trump card (Accutane)

You look stunning in your picture anyway, im sure any amount of acne wouldnt pose any problems for you

Guest Akira

ha ha, you deserve it, and thank you. Is Mino really all your taking? Do you use BP or moisturisers or peels or urine (ha just kidding) or anything?

I've become to immune to ampicillin, doryx, and switched to dynacin but couldn't afford it so am now on minocycline. I ordered accutane offline, but now I am actually considering not taking it. I know the antibiotics are the only thing that ever worked for me too, because I know my acne has nothing to do with hormones. I had m blood tested for hormones three times already and everything was always perfectly normal.

Have you ever noticed your skin clearing from sunlight? Whenever i'm out in the sun, my skin clears dramatically. So i'm looking in to blue/red light therapy. If you look up sci/art on google, they sell the bulbs and you can buy the lamps to hold them somewhere else. The moderator wolfkeeper and another user Rupert (both active) report good results using this. It's a little expensive, around 80 dollars for red and blue bulbs. But considering the price we pay for all of our acne products combined, it isn't much. I hope this helps!

what do they do and how do they help?

Blue light is used to kill the p acnes bacteria on your face or significantly reduce their numbers. And the red light is used to promote healing in your skin to help with red marks.

I became immune to minocycline, after about 5-6 months of taking it. However, I have now been taking it for over 18 months although I dont know why I haven't stopped as I know it isn't doing anything now :)

crap.

yeah, i'm also using retin-a micro (which i've been on for 4 years, and it helps, but i still have moderate acne when it's all i'm using)

kanmi, i ALWAYS clear up in the sun. i'm so looking into that- thank you.