Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mister. anonymous

INSURANCE PROBLEM WITH ACCUTANE?!?

i have blue cross ppo...but i had to get a prior-authorization from the insurance...meaning..the doctor had to ask for permission to get generic accutane(amnesteem) covered...a week later i got denied

i was wondering if any of you experienced this and what did you do to get it covered??

Phone the insurance company and find out why you were denied. We can work on other alternatives from there.

i have blue cross ppo...but i had to get a prior-authorization from the insurance...meaning..the doctor had to ask for permission to get generic accutane(amnesteem) covered...a week later i got denied

i was wondering if any of you experienced this and what did you do to get it covered??

that sucks. i hope your experience is not common!

I remember having the same problem with another drug a few years ago. It was for singular, to control my asthma. Basically, the doctor had to phone in and tell them that the drug was medically necessary, meaning that the drug is specifically meant to treat the condition i was diagnosed with. Singular, at the time, was meant to treat allergies, not asthma (even tho it helps asthmatics some way).....so I was denined. Maybe thats what the problem is. Maybe they consider accutane a drug meant to treat severe acne....and your derm diagnosed you with mild/moderate. Just a thought, give your insurance a call...as well as your derms office. Good Luck!

why did you get denied? I had the same issue with my insurance but it was cleared up earlier

maybe it's not covered? that still sucks though

thx fellahz for the response...

i just got the word..the insurance wants me to try antibiotics for a month first..but i did that about 2-3 years ago for about 2 months...

so now i have to get the medcial history saying i took antib. and send it to the insurance company and wait again...

maaaan..i got the prescription for accutane 3 weeks ago and i have to wait more longer....that ain't cool

idk why they just can't give it to me...sorta irritating..waiting..calling around..doing so much work just to get a fricken medicine!

well hope ya'll are doing good and don't experience this non-sense