Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lunae

gentle red mark remedies?

Posted

For the first time since I was about nine years old, my skin is 98% clear, and I'm thrilled. Now, though, I can't wait to get rid of my (many, many) red marks so I can finally feel okay about going out of the house without makeup. I have a couple of problems here, though:

1. Now that I've found a regimen that's cleared up my skin, I am petrified to put anything else on my face for fear that I'll break out all over again. I know that the stuff I'm already using (Burt's Bees soap, toner & blemish stick) works well, but none of it helps to fade marks, so... oh well.

2. I've used a bunch of products in the past that have broken me out, like Neutrogena's Acne Mark Fading Peel. My skin tends to react badly to chemicals (thus all the Burt's Bees stuff), so a lot of the red-mark-fading cures aren't really options for me.

So, I guess my question is, what are some very gentle, preferably natural, breakout-proof (if there is such a thing) remedies for red marks? The best cure I've found so far is time, and I'm willing to stick with that, but I'd thought I'd ask around and see if I could help time out a little bit.

Posted

You sound like me, I can't use very many chemicals on my face either, as my skin is very sensitive. Right now my acne is doing okay but I also have a lot of redmarks, and I find that time is the best answer. Sorry to say that, but after all the redmark products I have used, and broken out from, I feel its safer just to wait it out!

Posted

Pure korean red ginseng extract has helped fade my redness...but it is extremely expensive and not worth using on a daily basis. Also, if you want a natural gentle product, you can try out juice beauty redness reducing serum..worked quite well for me, but not as well as the ginseng. Good luck to you.

Posted

Lunae, sorry I don't have any answers for that... but do remember that when you put anything new on your face, you're likely to breakout for a few days or even a week just because that's how your skin reacts to something different. So if you do find something gentle, try to stick with it for at least a week or two.