Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, I've been using the Neutrogena Healthy Skin face lotion with SPF 15 for about a week now, and it's been working pretty well. My skin is more even-toned and smooth, and I haven't broken out from it. It says on the bottle that is is a "multi-fivtamin facial treatmeant with alpha-hydroxy." You can get it at Wal-Mart. Just so you know, it may cause some stinging!

Well, I've been using the Neutrogena Healthy Skin face lotion with SPF 15 for about a week now, and it's been working pretty well. My skin is more even-toned and smooth, and I haven't broken out from it. It says on the bottle that is is a "multi-fivtamin facial treatmeant with alpha-hydroxy." You can get it at Wal-Mart. Just so you know, it may cause some stinging!

Thanks 41790, I just bought the Night version (no SPF) today so we'll see how it goes. I appreciate the replay and assistance.

So I'm using the Night version of the Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion (no SPF). I like how it feels on my skin, but I think I'm allergic to the fragrance in it. My nose is watering like crazy and I'm sneezing, even while taking an antihistamine. Why do they put fragrance in a face lotion? Does the Day version (with SPF) have the scent as well? Is it more greasy than the night version?

So I'm using the Night version of the Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion (no SPF). I like how it feels on my skin, but I think I'm allergic to the fragrance in it. My nose is watering like crazy and I'm sneezing, even while taking an antihistamine. Why do they put fragrance in a face lotion? Does the Day version (with SPF) have the scent as well? Is it more greasy than the night version?

Whats the night version?? Is the night version just the one for sensitive skin? (Healthy Skin for Senstivitve Skin) I would imagine the one for sensitive skin would not contain fragrance.

Does anyone know if Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion (Senstivive Skin) ships internationally??? I can't seem to find anyone that does.

Whats the night version?? Is the night version just the one for sensitive skin? (Healthy Skin for Senstivitve Skin) I would imagine the one for sensitive skin would not contain fragrance.

Does anyone know if Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion (Senstivive Skin) ships internationally??? I can't seem to find anyone that does.

No, it's called "Healthy Skin Face Lotion - Night". If you are in the UK, it may not be available over there. I've never seen "Health Skin Lotion (Sensitive Skin)". I've seen (and used) "Oil Free Moisture - Sensitive Skin", but it has no AHA in it that I know of. The Neutrogena products seem to vary from place to place quite a bit, and I think they change them frequently based on how well they are selling. Good Luck!

I've never used the night version of the Healthy Skin Lotion, so I wouldn't know if one is more greasy than the other; however, I do believe the day version may be a little more greasy than the night version because it contains SPF in it. Someone on another thread posted that they thought that the day version of the Healthy Skin Lotion was too greasy for them, so they switched to another moisturizer. I don't think the day lotion's greasy for my, though. My skin is oily, yet it seems to absorb the lotion right in.

I don't know why they fragrance the lotions... Maybe it's because they thought it smelled really bad without the fragrance? Personally, when I first got a whiff of the day lotion, I thought, "ICK!" It didn't smell very pleasant at first, but now I'm used to it.

Since you're allergic to the fragrance, perhaps you would like to try the SENSITIVE version of the lotion! Yep, and you thought it didn't exist... Yes, Neutrogena has a Healthy Skin Face Lotion for sensitive skin and it doesn't contain that fragrance which you claim to be allergic to. Hope this one's right for you!

If not, you could always try M.D. Forte Skin Rejuvenation Lotion I, Alpha Hydroxy Acid with Vitamins A & E... but it's more expensive.

I've never used the night version of the Healthy Skin Lotion, so I wouldn't know if one is more greasy than the other; however, I do believe the day version may be a little more greasy than the night version because it contains SPF in it. Someone on another thread posted that they thought that the day version of the Healthy Skin Lotion was too greasy for them, so they switched to another moisturizer. I don't think the day lotion's greasy for my, though. My skin is oily, yet it seems to absorb the lotion right in.

I don't know why they fragrance the lotions... Maybe it's because they thought it smelled really bad without the fragrance? Personally, when I first got a whiff of the day lotion, I thought, "ICK!" It didn't smell very pleasant at first, but now I'm used to it.

Since you're allergic to the fragrance, perhaps you would like to try the SENSITIVE version of the lotion! Yep, and you thought it didn't exist... Yes, Neutrogena has a Healthy Skin Face Lotion for sensitive skin and it doesn't contain that fragrance which you claim to be allergic to. Hope this one's right for you!

If not, you could always try M.D. Forte Skin Rejuvenation Lotion I, Alpha Hydroxy Acid with Vitamins A & E... but it's more expensive.

Thanks 41790! I'll look for the Sensitive Skin Version, I did not know about it. I wonder what "buffered Alpha hydroxy" is?

Thanks 41790! I'll look for the Sensitive Skin Version, I did not know about it. I wonder what "buffered Alpha hydroxy" is?

"Alpha-hydroxy acids can be applied to the skin as either buffered alpha-hydroxy acids, in which case the reaction tends to be milder but produces less visible peeling, or unbuffered alpha-hydroxy acid peels, which produce a more visible and immediate reaction." Click here for source.

So basically unbuffered AHA is better if you want more immediate results whereas buffered AHA produces slow results. I'm not too sure about this, though.