Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hunter480

A+ for accutane?

has anyone ever taken accutane and just cleared up? no initial breakout or insane dryness? a friend of mine is on it and she is bracing herself... shes starting to get worried about when she will start to feel the effects of this drug and if she'll really break out or not. What is she to expect and when does this drug kick in?

has anyone ever taken accutane and just cleared up? no initial breakout or insane dryness? a friend of mine is on it and she is bracing herself... shes starting to get worried about when she will start to feel the effects of this drug and if she'll really break out or not. What is she to expect and when does this drug kick in?

I went on accutane about 10 years ago and it did help my acne, but not 100%, I would say 60%. I had dry lips and eyes and a heavy feeling in my chest. I recently tried smoothbeam laser and that help a lot!, my doctor was suggesting that I go on accutane again before I tried the smoothbeam, but I plan to have a child in the next few years and dont want to risk anything happening, even though I wouldnt be on it when I get pregnant. I remember when I first went on accutance I broke out even more in the first two months so might want to tell your friend that that may happen before it starts to clear up. Good luck