Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lawgirl

FRAXEL Painful and is it worth it?

I have had 4 fraxel laser treatments and have honestly seen only slight improvement, maybe 10% improvement. I am very disappointed by this and have spent $4,000 so far on fraxel, plus it is so painful!!! even though my doctor gives me very strong numbing meds, I cant bear the pain, does anyone else experience this? I am going for my 5th treatment later this week and am dreading the pain again. :cry:

I have had 4 fraxel laser treatments and have honestly seen only slight improvement, maybe 10% improvement. I am very disappointed by this and have spent $4,000 so far on fraxel, plus it is so painful!!! even though my doctor gives me very strong numbing meds, I cant bear the pain, does anyone else experience this? I am going for my 5th treatment later this week and am dreading the pain again. :cry:

Out of curiosity, what city did you have the treatments in?

Can you say who the doctor was? I live in NYC and have been seriously considering this.

Can you say who the doctor was? I live in NYC and have been seriously considering this.

I am going for a fraxel in NYC tomorrow and would like to know as well since the pool of docs in the city is pretty limited...

I have only had one fraxel, but it hurt alot! I have only noticed some tightening of skin but thats it so far. I have been on accutane twice and am wondering if that had anything to do with the huge amount of pain.

fraxel is worth the pain,and honestly do you really think that you will see improvements overnight? i had 3 fraxels last june and i'm still getting improvements,its a deep collagen laser,over the months scars fill in and new skin resurfaces. you have to be patient,it is working and worth the money.drink a lot of protein because that is what your collagen needs. my success rate is about 50% at this point from fraxel.i had rolling scars and some minor redness,i would do it again or the plasma for more epidermal remodeling,anyway good luck and be more patient, it takes time,like 8 months for total gains.

I agree with you that Fraxel does provide meaningfull improvement but it takes a LONG time.

I had 5 treatments ending almost a year ago and have a strong 30-50 Percent improvment in different areas of my face. The biggest improvment again is the nice healthy over complextion (I no longer have the rough oiley redish blotchy skin it is all even and healthy looking MMMMMMMMMMM LOL)

That being said Fraxel will NOT eliminate your acne scars if they are moderate to severe. I am now undergoing Sculptra treatments to help plump up larger areas such as my cheeks and lower chin areas

(think industrial stregnth collagen production) I had one round of sculptra 7 weeks ago and it will be the same thing as Fraxel (it takes TIME) so far the

scuptra "improvements" are very subtle but it will take months not weeks to get a meaningfull improvement and a few more rounds. I will keep you all posted. also Fraxel hurt much more when I first started it but my last fraxel which was at a very strong setting was not so bad due to better improvements to pain management.

I agree with you that Fraxel does provide meaningfull improvement but it takes a LONG time.

I had 5 treatments ending almost a year ago and have a strong 30-50 Percent improvment in different areas of my face. The biggest improvment again is the nice healthy over complextion (I no longer have the rough oiley redish blotchy skin it is all even and healthy looking MMMMMMMMMMM LOL)

That being said Fraxel will NOT eliminate your acne scars if they are moderate to severe. I am now undergoing Sculptra treatments to help plump up larger areas such as my cheeks and lower chin areas

(think industrial stregnth collagen production) I had one round of sculptra 7 weeks ago and it will be the same thing as Fraxel (it takes TIME) so far the

scuptra "improvements" are very subtle but it will take months not weeks to get a meaningfull improvement and a few more rounds. I will keep you all posted. also Fraxel hurt much more when I first started it but my last fraxel which was at a very strong setting was not so bad due to better improvements to pain management.

fraxel is worth the pain,and honestly do you really think that you will see improvements overnight? i had 3 fraxels last june and i'm still getting improvements,its a deep collagen laser,over the months scars fill in and new skin resurfaces. you have to be patient,it is working and worth the money.drink a lot of protein because that is what your collagen needs. my success rate is about 50% at this point from fraxel.i had rolling scars and some minor redness,i would do it again or the plasma for more epidermal remodeling,anyway good luck and be more patient, it takes time,like 8 months for total gains.

I always wonder what kind of scars are considered "moderate." My scars are the type that if you pull my skin taut, they pretty much go away. Would these scars be considered moderate? Thanks.