Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryan22nD

help stomache pains and constipation from healthy diet

mannnnn im hurting! is this a sign that things are working? my skin has also got worse on this my first week on junk free, wheat free, fresh fish,omega 3, lot fruit and eg.. O and i tried goats milk, but stoped today and i still getting this pain! whats going on any help would be great. (please dont just say stop your diet, i want to know what happening inside!)

Ryan

I think constipation can happen when you drastically change your diet. Are you prone to constipation or is this a new development? If it's just a result of changing your diet, it should resolve itself. Your skin will be worse if you're constipated. Gotta start eliminating.

There are lots of things you can do to help it along. Here are some things to try;

Drink lots of water, -add lemon or a splash of apple cider vinegar. Drink lots of ginger and peppermint tea. These help with digestion and ginger will often help a stomach ache. You could also try drinking prune juice. Try to eat lots of vegetables and an apple or some unsweetened applesauce with cinnamon every day. Eat oatmeal. When you cook, add some spices like cayenne and cumin, curry powder, garam masala.

If all that doesn't help, I'd add some digestive enzymes (available at healthfood stores). You could also try triphala, which is a very gentle, non-habit-forming laxative. Aloe vera juice is a bit stronger. Cascara sagrada is even stronger. Try not to over-use those though.

Eventually, you might want to consider bowel cleansing with something like Colonix.

Good luck to ya! Don't give up!

The constipation is new. really really bad pains! had to lie down still. i eat alot of oats, corn. i try to miss spices, tomatoes, and citrus fruits as they seem to link with roseaca(sp). i ussually drink 3 pints of water after dinner to help combat the roseaca (and that really helps!) but i slowed up on the water this week after not geting any roseaca after dinner :eh: maybie because i cut out those foods ^ i dont know...

its been these last 4 days consectutive of getting these stomache pains? i am stopping the goats milk as it wont hurt to? because im guessing its going to be as bad as cows milk?

my acne type seems to of changed this week also.. starting on monday with MASS shaving rash, and two painfull zits each day.. : whereas before i would 2 bad big spot, and maybie 7+ little zits a week.

any insights into the constipationn? as my diet is really high in fibre, consisting of grains (ex wheat), vegtables (alot), fruits (alot) (apples, bannanas, pears, saultanas, apricots, mangos, pinapple). eating no meat, other than fish (fresh salmon,mackrel cod), and wheat free 'Quorn' wheat free types.

on saturday i started the goats milk until today. i also had organic corn fed chicken.

O and thanks CJB i really apprechiate any help.

The constipation is new. really really bad pains! had to lie down still. i eat alot of oats, corn. i try to miss spices, tomatoes, and citrus fruits as they seem to link with roseaca(sp). i ussually drink 3 pints of water after dinner to help combat the roseaca (and that really helps!) but i slowed up on the water this week after not geting any roseaca after dinner :eh: maybie because i cut out those foods ^ i dont know...

its been these last 4 days consectutive of getting these stomache pains? i am stopping the goats milk as it wont hurt to? because im guessing its going to be as bad as cows milk?

my acne type seems to of changed this week also.. starting on monday with MASS shaving rash, and two painfull zits each day.. : whereas before i would 2 bad big spot, and maybie 7+ little zits a week.

any insights into the constipationn? as my diet is really high in fibre, consisting of grains (ex wheat), vegtables (alot), fruits (alot) (apples, bannanas, pears, saultanas, apricots, mangos, pinapple). eating no meat, other than fish (fresh salmon,mackrel cod), and wheat free 'Quorn' wheat free types.

on saturday i started the goats milk until today. i also had organic corn fed chicken.

O and thanks CJB i really apprechiate any help.

How much water are you drinking? Are you drinking any other liquids?

maybe try avacados they are a good fat and high in fiber a very unique fruit. maybe a little fat in the diet could help things function.

beans and lentils may help they help me i eat a good fat diet and they decrease fat absorbtion and drink plenty of water

i wouldnt eat bran cereal if your thinking about it

brussel sprouts is good for constipation both soluble and insoluble fiber

cook your veggies so they dont ferminate just til ya start feeling better

oh and do yoga moves you will be farting alot and jump rope they help me

i drink fruit smoothies, pure unconcentratied no added bits apple juice.. and water. nothing else.

:D yoga! lol my parrents already think im a health freek, from the diet..

Ryan,

My guess is that since you've not been constipated before and it seems like you're doing everything pretty well diet-wise, it's a result of the (dramatic?) change in diet. I would think it will get better as your body gets used to the additional fiber.

In the meantime, my suggestion would be to drink the ginger and peppermint tea. Try to drink liquids APART from meals. Like wait at least an hour or so after dinner before you drink all that water. You could try taking digestive enzymes with meals too. Maybe probiotics?

If you're not too opposed to it, go for a couple colonics.

Usually this wouldn't happen... the things you are eating are seemingly high in fiber thus making it difficult to comprehend constipation. My best guess is that you're getting the 'bottleneck' effect.

Meaning that previously your digestive system was used to pass thru a certain amount of food, as soon as you drastically switched to this new diet, you had a huge increase of food that wanted to pass thru your body, thus creating a block because your body wasn't used to expelling all this waste.

Now, I believe that aloe avera juice is good for 'softening' up anything if there's a clog. Obviously, exercise is key, and it doesn't even have to be straineous, it could just be walking for 30 minutes.

Breakouts happen often when people drastically change diets, it puts stress on your system which is trying to adapt. Also, it seems like you're stressed (i can understand), but seriously, relaxing would probably help you right now ;)

mannnnn im hurting! is this a sign that things are working? my skin has also got worse on this my first week on junk free, wheat free, fresh fish,omega 3, lot fruit and eg.. O and i tried goats milk, but stoped today and i still getting this pain! whats going on any help would be great. (please dont just say stop your diet, i want to know what happening inside!)

Ryan

Go see a Dr. Maybe you have IBS. But also check the internet for NATURAL cures for IBS or Celiac disease. You may have food allergies. Check that also but do it with a blood test NOT saliva tests.

Good luck.

Maybe it's the apples and/or the pears. They contain a sugar called sorbitol which you could be intolerant to. If I eat too many apples I get terrible stomach pains and I've talked to others who have had the same problem. You can google stuff like "sorbitol" +apples or "sorbitol" +ibs or "sorbitol" +stomach pains for more info.

Ryan, try Psyllium Husk capsules . It's taken a few days of use, for me to become regular. Remember to drink loads of water with the capsules. Ideally take the capsules 30 minutes before dinner.