Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RSXBOI

Best Anti-inflammatory advice for Cysts?

For the treatment of Cysts what's the best products that help reduce inflammation in the infected area?

I know ICE is the easiest way to reduce inflammation- But besdies that I'm lost.

For the treatment of Cysts what's the best products that help reduce inflammation in the infected area?

I know ICE is the easiest way to reduce inflammation- But besdies that I'm lost.

I don't know what the BEST products are... but I know what seems to work for me..

Hydrocortizone cream.. and aloe.. both work nice on my fair sensitive, acne prone skin.. I usually apply at night and by the morning the inflammation has gone down considerably.

I don't get many cysts anymore... but I think that might have to do with my new exfoliating routine.

A

The best way to treat a bad cyst is to get a cortisone shot but first I try applying either a BHA or a retinoid - I use Retin A Micro - and applying hydrocortisone on top of the retinoid. My derm recommended this. Also wrapping an ice cube in a washcloth and applying it several times a day can help to bring it down. Taking an Advil or two for a couple of days can help too.

Guest PokaHotAz

best way for me:

a glob of some SA (NEUTROGENA ACNE MARK FADING PEEL ...till it dries up...peel that off ...follow the regimen... then after moisturizer i glob on some bp on it... by morning its much smaller w/ a head usually

How does Advil help inflamation?

All i know is when i had tendonitis (inflamation of achilles tendon), I was told to take asprins a day to reduce inflamation..and It works. Dont know about acne tho

Can u just ask for a cortisone shot or how does that work?

Scorpio - you can call your dermo, tell him/her you have a cyst and ask for a cortisone shot. Then go in and talk w/ the doc, make sure he/she thinks it's the best way to go since those injections can have side effects...

HTH

RSXBOI,

It is anti-inflammatory and reduces swelling plus pain relief.

RSXBOI,

It is anti-inflammatory and reduces swelling plus pain relief.

I'll keep that in mind :)

Uhm is cortisone shot that injection that my derma always injects on those annoying stubborn papules and postules. She does'nt inject it on the ripe ones only on the unripe ones that does'nt have puss on them yet. ( What a word, it's like a fruit ). What are the side effects if that is the one she's been injecting on me... :doh:

best way for me:

a glob of some SA (NEUTROGENA ACNE MARK FADING PEEL ...till it dries up...peel that off ...follow the regimen... then after moisturizer i glob on some bp on it... by morning its much smaller w/ a head usually

How is the Neutrogena acne mark fadding peel going for you?..does it really fade those pesky red marks?..cuz if it is I want to get it..*off topic I know*, but I am really curious as to how its working..

I went to my Derm. 2 mo. ago. the inflamation of my severe acne was pretty bad so he prescribed prednisone 20 mg. 3 tabs per day for 3 days, then 2 tabs for 3 days then one tab for 3 days. it was amazing. before that treatment, my skin was very rough and bumpy from the deep acne. after it was nearly smooth. of course the reddness was still apparent, but the inflamation was nearly gone.

I went to my Derm. 2 mo. ago. the inflamation of my severe acne was pretty bad so he prescribed prednisone 20 mg. 3 tabs per day for 3 days, then 2 tabs for 3 days then one tab for 3 days. it was amazing. before that treatment, my skin was very rough and bumpy from the deep acne. after it was nearly smooth. of course the reddness was still apparent, but the inflamation was nearly gone.

Is this only used for inflamation or is it an antibiotic to fight Acne from within?...My Cysts get pretty inflamed and I need to get at that problem quick.

Is this only used for inflamation or is it an antibiotic to fight Acne from within?...My Cysts get pretty inflamed and I need to get at that problem quick.

Prednisone is a steroid (pretty strong one too) and has many side effects. It is on my list of forbidden drugs. I can't take steroids because I am hypersensitive. I won't sleep for days and get real emotional.

For me its the asprin mask. Crush uncoated asprin into powder. Mix with a drop or two of honey or aloevera gel (anything that will keep it moist). Leave it on over night on your cyst. Sometimes it helps even if you feel a cyst coming. Its very effective. Try it sometime if you haven't already

best way for me:

i used this peel for 2 weeks and winded up with three huge cysts.it really suks.and i know it was from that because this was the only change i made in my regimen.cortizone shts are the fastest way to shrink a huge nasty cyst.even though they hurt like hell,within a couple of hrs its gone.

If it's bad, at least ask your dermatologist about prednisone. Sure, it has side effects (all it did to me was make me hyper, which wasn't that big of a deal), but it also works. I mean really works. After less than a week, every cyst I had, and my forehead, temples, and shoulders were covered in hundreds of them, were gone. There were still pimples, but no cysts and no swelling at all. In fact, thanks to the prednison, I never even had to go through the "worse before it gets better" phase when I started accutane, and had no lingering redness. I also believe my scarring to be nothing close to what it should have been considering the severity of my acne.

I've also taken prednisone several other times for asthma attacks that have made my throat swell up the point where I can barely breathe or swallow, and it's cleared that right up, too. You can't use it for much more than a week unless you want to start having some of the more severe side effects, but it works wonders.

Also, unlike many of these other suggestions, there is absolutely no chance that this will hurt your skin or aggravate you acne or cause further outbreaks. All it does is get rid of pretty much any inflammation you have anywhere in your body, damn near immediately.

if it was me, this is what i would do:

upon the cyst forming, apply ice for a good twenty minutes

take ibuprofen consistently for three days

break up a few aspirins and make into a paste with water + apply to the cyst. leave for about 15 minutes and wash off.

apply whatever gel or cream has worked best for you in the past.

keep that up for three days, and see if it has improved. 8 times out of 10 it would work for me. then i'd just leave it alone and it'd heal by itself.

also, get a lot of sleep because acne heals best then.

best way for me:

i used this peel for 2 weeks and winded up with three huge cysts.it really suks.and i know it was from that because this was the only change i made in my regimen.cortizone shts are the fastest way to shrink a huge nasty cyst.even though they hurt like hell,within a couple of hrs its gone.

This is what I've been looking for since the beggining. See I dont get many pimples( well most of the time) but the times I do ghet them they seem to be worse than most normal people, and I never get White heades or Blecksheads I just get Nodules/Cyscts what ever they are( Inflamated type Acne).

I'll try to ask my Derm but He already prescribed me Tetracycline( which I take religiously).....

god i'm taking tetracycline these days, its helping with the cysts but it upsets my stomach so bad

and makes me nauseated. i wan't to quit so bad but have to take it for another twenty days *sigh*

All the products that have been mentioned in this post--are any of them over the counter? If so, which ones?

Also, can someone please give me a step by step guideline on how to make that advil paste thing? And does this actually work?

PLEASE HELP! Thanks.

Can u just ask for a cortisone shot or how does that work?

Alot of derms wont do it. I don't know why.

All the products that have been mentioned in this post--are any of them over the counter? If so, which ones?

Also, can someone please give me a step by step guideline on how to make that advil paste thing? And does this actually work?

PLEASE HELP! Thanks.

It's not an Advil MAsk who told you that?... From my research it's a "ASPIRIN MASK".

I guess you crush it up add a little water to make it sticky. Then apply a little neosporin onto ur face and apply teh MAsk over it.

That's what I've gotten so far...If it's not like that someone please correct me.