Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blahxx

what choices do i have for removing scarred pores?

i dont even need medium coverage foundation but that's what i have to use just bcuz of my scarred pores that are right on my cheeks. they're not big and i dont have like a lot but i hate how my skin doesnt look clean bcuz of them. i have a bit of rough skin on my cheeks too and i think they make everything look worse. im thinking several treatments of microdermabrasion. would laser also benefit me in anyway? i dont want to do anything invasive that will worsen the condition of my skin so im hesitant about laser and i definitely do not want to get any chemical peels. i want to be makeup free or wear foundation without having to worry about making my scarred pores look more noticable. im so close to having nice skin but i cant seem to reach that point bcuz of these scarred pores! thanks.

I doubt microdermabrasion would help, that kind of thing can just make them worse. Some advise needling, i think.

Everyone gets stuck when it comes to the scarred pores issue, we've had this topic come up a few times and each time everyone goes, 'That's exactly my own situation! Sorry but i'm as stuck as you on this.'

Which is all that i can say now i'm afraid. :think:

Hi Floss -

I have enlarged pores on my cheeks and some on my forehead. I have taken 3 intense pulsed light treatments for redness caused by dermabrasion and other things. I have found that the intense pulsed light (sometimes called photo facial) has reduced the pore size in both areas. I have two more treatments to go and I am hopeful that the pores will shrink even further. It sure has helped with the redness so the smaller pores is a bonus.

Dan

Is that the same as n-lite i wonder? Now i think of it, when i had a couple of n-lite treatments for active acne they did seem to decrease the enlarged pores SLIGHTLY, but it's very expensive for what it's worth. If you happen to be rich enough to throw money about though, it could be an option.

I think I am going to try IPL microdermabrasion/peel combo treatment. I have recently tried doing a TCA cross, and it doesn't seem to have given me much results. It hasn't completely healed, but the scabs that have fallen off have revealed the same size pores again underneath.

No - from what I understand, the Intense Pulsed Light and N-lite are two different things. The N-lite goes below the dermis to stimulate collogen and the IPL works on the dermis to reduce or eliminate broken capillaries and hyperpigmentation or splotches. Around here in north texas, the IPL runs about $500 per treatment for full face and the N-lite is about $1,500 per treatment.

I doubt microdermabrasion would help, that kind of thing can just make them worse. Some advise needling, i think.

Everyone gets stuck when it comes to the scarred pores issue, we've had this topic come up a few times and each time everyone goes, 'That's exactly my own situation! Sorry but i'm as stuck as you on this.'

Which is all that i can say now i'm afraid. :think:

microdermabrasion can make the scarred pores worse? how? mine are not big so i was hoping that there would be something that i could do without making things worse...

your best bet and this is what worked for me, tazorac gel, peels will make things worse and you will regret it, microdermabrasion would be fine on the lower settings to tottaly avoid further damage. Or you can simply buy microdermabrasion crystals off ebay and mildly scrub your face, after your done you can apply 10 percent glycolic cream, and hope things fill in. Dont do anything that can chance more damage.

tazorac

at home microdermabrasion using crystals mixed in the glycolic cream

glycolic cream the nights after trying to use tazorac and the glycolic, swappping out every week.

Green clay masks

Stay away from needeling, peels and lasers your guaranteed to make things worse and hardly any chance of making your pores better, the odds will be against you. stay mild and you will see results in time.

Tazorac is key.

How can I get it without a prescription? I don't want to go back to a derm again, because they are full o shite.

your best bet and this is what worked for me, tazorac gel, peels will make things worse and you will regret it, microdermabrasion would be fine on the lower settings to tottaly avoid further damage. Or you can simply buy microdermabrasion crystals off ebay and mildly scrub your face, after your done you can apply 10 percent glycolic cream, and hope things fill in. Dont do anything that can chance more damage.

tazorac

at home microdermabrasion using crystals mixed in the glycolic cream

glycolic cream the nights after trying to use tazorac and the glycolic, swappping out every week.

Green clay masks

Stay away from needeling, peels and lasers your guaranteed to make things worse and hardly any chance of making your pores better, the odds will be against you. stay mild and you will see results in time.

Tazorac is key.

would the crystals come mixed in the glycolic cream or would i have to mix them in myself? i didnt know what you meant by that...and i also dont understand what you meant by swapping out every week..are you recommending that i use glycolic cream for one week and tazorac the next week? Whats the benefit of the green clay masks? can i buy the glycolic cream at a drugstore?

are what you mentioned above all safe and did you try them out yourself? im willing to try it as long as it wont make my skin look worse. im going to do a research on the tazorac bcuz ive never heard of it before...would i get some results by using just the at home microdermabrasion and glycolic cream?

i thought microdermabrasions done by professionals were safe but i guess i was wrong..thanks for posting

I would imagine if you ask the dr you want tazorac he would give you a prescription, otherwise search these canadian pharmacies or any online pharm that would ship it to you..

The reason I mentioned the above procedures is because if they dont work theyre safe, I learned in this game if you dont scar yourself more doing at home or office procedures, your way ahead of the game. The tazorac and I read too many good things then bad using it, including myself, its helped me alot to the point where i dont come here often. still not happy but it has helped me, with pores and NEW shallow scars.

The crystals you can get off ebay theyre cheap and also help. you apply half a pinch in a some glyco cream and rub, I found all this to help, the glycolic cream is only 10 percent and safer then any other acid you can get. I did 20 percent tca and on the 3rd peel all my pores that were invisible became very visible, so I ruined my own skin. The clay mask i just apply it let it dry, and rub it off in the morning, I think this helped my skin as well. Its only my own conclusion but I think when I rub my skin whether its from the tazorac peel or this clay, it helps smoothen things out and build some collagen. I managed to fit all these things in, ofcourse you cant use everything at once but you have to manage and schedule yourself to what cream you will use on what day, if you notice your skin getting red, avoid all harsh treatments and just stick to a clay mask, copper peptides, or a sotthing oil, even vaseline which soothes and a none irritant.

Tazorac is prescription and safer then any peels from online labs.

at one point 4 months back my skin was good or I was happy with it as iam today, then I decided to go ahead and get microdermabrasion, first two sessions were at the lowest settings and I seen even more of an improvement, the third session we decided to be aggressive and it wiped out all my progress, so I also learned that new collagen is weaker then regular skin, so the machine took this new skin off like it was butter, it took me 3 or more months to get my skin back and to have things fill in again. so no more micro for me.

This all boils down to mildly irritating your skin then giving it a cream to help it heal and help boost collagen, irritate then allow for healing. right now I have cu3 complex intensive repair cream on ( bought it at drugstore.com it helps heal also a copper peptide) since iam in my healing days. I also have emu oil which i mix with the cystals on some days rather then the 10 percent glyco.

I hope its not too confusing iam writting this from my experience and how harsh treatments are worse then mild treatments, I learned this the hard way and thats only for my skin. Hope this helps

wow more and more people are telling me their microdermabrasion gone bad stories. maybe i should get a couple of them in low settings or maybe i shouldnt get them at all. there's not much of a risk in getting them done in low settings right? does it have to be the lowest?

can i get the glycolic cream at a drug store? ive never seen one before

i did try the neutrogena at home microdermabrasion kit before and my skin did not benefit from it and was a waste of money, not to mention that it was hard washing that oily cream off my face

thanks