Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bananas

what could my problem be? ... (picture)

IPB Image

so that's a part of my cheeks. As you can see, toward the bottom left of the pic is my normal skin texture near the chin area. It's what my face supposed to look like, but isn't. I'm surprised how good my face looks in the pic because in actuality it looks a lot worse. I guess because the lighting is the traditional yellow 40W light bulb so it's forgiving.

anyway, I don't get large pimples i guess, but I do get red pimples and the redness makes it look like i have about 200. In outdoor lightning, there is pretty much a very distinct line of where the acne begins. It has two different texture/look/feel to it. One is the cheeks filled with redness/pimples and another is my chin which is completely clear and normal tone.

As of Christmas, i don't use anything but water. I wash my face about once every 3 days.

Even if I don't wash my face for 3 days, it gets dry and flaky in the morning, then by night it's oily. Everyday this same cycle repeats.

anyways this is a long post, does anyone have any idea what could be causing this and why?

It looks as if the skin might be irratted. Do you use harsh scrubs or exfoliants? I hear good things about cetaphil's gentle cleansers.

seems like you have dry skin, or mini scars left from past acne, plus some irritation. can't really tell because of angle. like they said, Cetaphil cleanser is really nice. Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion would do wonders too. Out of all moisturizing products, that's the one that gave me excellent results. Try it.

seems like you have dry skin, or mini scars left from past acne, plus some irritation. can't really tell because of angle. like they said, Cetaphil cleanser is really nice. Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion would do wonders too. Out of all moisturizing products, that's the one that gave me excellent results. Try it.

cetaphil moisturizing lotion is amazing.... I cannot say enough good things about it.... try both, I think you will have really good results, and if you don't at least you tried these two products and know that they do not work for you now!

they are so gentle and leave your skin feeling delicate..

That doesn't look like acne to me, but more like some irritated rash. Rosacea maybe, even? I bet using a light moisturizer would go a long way towards improving your skin tone and texture. The moisturizer I use right now is a knock-off of Ckean & Clear's Dual Action Moisturizer, so it's a normal oil-free moisturizer with a low percentage of salicyclic acid (0.5%) thrown in. It makes my face softer, but very far from oily, even at the end of the day, so I think something like this might help to soften your skin and dry out the tiny pimples. I even used to use it on its own, morning and night, before I started using BP as well.

It looks as if the skin might be irratted. Do you use harsh scrubs or exfoliants? I hear good things about cetaphil's gentle cleansers.

It's been like this for a while now... probably a couple years. I don't use scrubs, I don't even wash my face. I rinse it with water maybe twice a week. I used to get lots of regular "pimples" but i used BP for a long time a couple years ago and stopped. I'm beginning to think this is the work of BP.

Recently i've been trying to just use nothing, or more natural products, at least. and see what happens.