Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpio

Accutane Progress

Okee, 1 month 3 weeks now.

I no longer seem to get pustules on my nose, much of my forehead, and middle chin.

In their place, I see mostly blackheads and whiteheads.

My cheeks, around the sides of my lips, much of my jawline and around the temples area I now see very red spots. These red spots are basically pustules but without any visible white spot which normally shows the sign of pus. So, these pimples are much more red than they were before accutane. Also, every pimple I had just before beginning my accutane is still after here after the 1.75 months. They have mostly changed to a more cystic form. The pimples are now mostly under the skin and very red. UhmMmmMmm in a sense I don't really see any improvement.. it just looks like a different type of bad.

In order to estimate how much longer I will need before seeing a completely clear face I would like to hear from others who are now clear and experienced an exact or nearly exact state as mine during their course.

The most important similarities should be greatly increased redness and pimples going underneath the skin turning into cysts.

As a side note, the skin all over my face (not just the pimples) is extremely red. The area just around my eyes is my normal skin color (a very pale white) while the rest is a red color almost identical to the red of a crayola marker (so ya.. very red). I look like a raccoon.. only with red on white instead of black on white. I use moisturizer and a ridiculously expensive french cream on my skin and lips. My lips were insanely chapped before using the french product and herbal blistex - white skin ripped all over the place - it looked awful - now my lips look almost great.

Another side note, I am no longer taking any dairy products because I've heard of links between dairy and acne and realized that every meal and drink I have almost always includes dairy products. (This is a whole different thing that you may want to ask about in the diet part of the forums)

Alot of writing I guess, but thanks for reading.

LoL i was going to post somthing like this

i've been on tane for about a month. the "initial breakout" was hell and it continues! I've got a cyst and many more white heads :( i have like 15 active pimples and tons of red marks left over from previous ones. My skin tone is worse too

if it makes you feel better my situation is slightly worse as i have an exam in an hour ... baaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Okee, 1 month 3 weeks now.

I no longer seem to get pustules on my nose, much of my forehead, and middle chin.

In their place, I see mostly blackheads and whiteheads.

My cheeks, around the sides of my lips, much of my jawline and around the temples area I now see very red spots. These red spots are basically pustules but without any visible white spot which normally shows the sign of pus. So, these pimples are much more red than they were before accutane. Also, every pimple I had just before beginning my accutane is still after here after the 1.75 months. They have mostly changed to a more cystic form. The pimples are now mostly under the skin and very red. UhmMmmMmm in a sense I don't really see any improvement.. it just looks like a different type of bad.

In order to estimate how much longer I will need before seeing a completely clear face I would like to hear from others who are now clear and experienced an exact or nearly exact state as mine during their course.

The most important similarities should be greatly increased redness and pimples going underneath the skin turning into cysts.

As a side note, the skin all over my face (not just the pimples) is extremely red. The area just around my eyes is my normal skin color (a very pale white) while the rest is a red color almost identical to the red of a crayola marker (so ya.. very red). I look like a raccoon.. only with red on white instead of black on white. I use moisturizer and a ridiculously expensive french cream on my skin and lips. My lips were insanely chapped before using the french product and herbal blistex - white skin ripped all over the place - it looked awful - now my lips look almost great.

Another side note, I am no longer taking any dairy products because I've heard of links between dairy and acne and realized that every meal and drink I have almost always includes dairy products. (This is a whole different thing that you may want to ask about in the diet part of the forums)

Alot of writing I guess, but thanks for reading.

You're fine. You're only just over one month in your course. Some people end up breaking out the entire time they're on 'tane, so just keep calm. I'm pretty positive that within the next month or so you'll be pretty much totally clear.

Okay, because my dermatologist estimated that I would be clear by 2 months and I certainly don't see that happening just a week away.

The extreme redness I have will still be there even if All the pimples go away and I'd like to know a way to get rid of it. Some people have suggested clinique's exceptionally soothing cream but I think its too pricey.

Okay, because my dermatologist estimated that I would be clear by 2 months and I certainly don't see that happening just a week away.

The extreme redness I have will still be there even if All the pimples go away and I'd like to know a way to get rid of it. Some people have suggested clinique's exceptionally soothing cream but I think its too pricey.

Too pricey? Are you rather going to be depressed?

I have an allowance of like $10 a month.. so kind of?

Also, I don't know where to find the product - I checked Pharma Plus and its not there.

Anyone know a common place to get Clinique's exceptionally soothing cream?

Macy's, I would think...any dept store.

But if you're on a real tight budget, maybe you'd wanna call your derm's ofc and see if they have any samples of a good moisturizer?