Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaturalSkinCare

Disinfecting Skin (TeaTree, manuka , apple cider etc.) V.S. Exfoliating (AHA BHAS)

what is the purpose of each? technically it would make sense to get rid of dead cells with bhas and keep the skin clean and free of bacteria with disinfectants like manuka..but wouldnt using both of these be too harsh on the skin?

and also couldnt u exfoliate with scrubs instead of bhas?

what is the purpose of each? technically it would make sense to get rid of dead cells with bhas and keep the skin clean and free of bacteria with disinfectants like manuka..but wouldnt using both of these be too harsh on the skin?

I am doing something new and I like so far. I use an salicylic acid cleanser with tea tree oil toner and a moisturizer. I use the sa cleanser to get all the dead skin, dirt, makeup off my face and then use the toner and I feel it probably is getting into my pores b/c I cleared it out with the sa cleanser (no less than 2% and keep on your face for 1 to 3 minutes - so it has time to chemically exfoliate before you rinse it away). THen after the tea tree oil has dried, I MOISTURIZE like crazy! My skin feels softer than ever today. Maybe coincodence. I don't know.

I have super sensitive skin lately. I cannot even use bp anymore or my face looks swollen and sunburned. I had the same thoughts at Ulta, which is why I bought the sa cleanser, tea tree oil toner, and moisturizer. It only cost me 15 dollars! Yippie!!!!

I am doing something new and I like so far. I use an salicylic acid cleanser with tea tree oil toner and a moisturizer. I use the sa cleanser to get all the dead skin, dirt, makeup off my face and then use the toner and I feel it probably is getting into my pores b/c I cleared it out with the sa cleanser (no less than 2% and keep on your face for 1 to 3 minutes - so it has time to chemically exfoliate before you rinse it away). THen after the tea tree oil has dried, I MOISTURIZE like crazy! My skin feels softer than ever today. Maybe coincodence. I don't know.

I have super sensitive skin lately. I cannot even use bp anymore or my face looks swollen and sunburned. I had the same thoughts at Ulta, which is why I bought the sa cleanser, tea tree oil toner, and moisturizer. It only cost me 15 dollars! Yippie!!!!

what moisturizer do you use?

and you are acne free now?