Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nola

Foundation Suggestions?

:rolleyes: I need some advice on foundation brands. I used cover girl for years before I got acne and it always seemed to work for me. Now that I am prone to acne break outs I want to choose the right foundation that wont irrate or cause more break outs. Does anyone use Almay clear complexion makeup. It's supposed to heal bleamishes. :think: If you do what do you think?

You can check out foundation reviews Here that might give you some insight.

At the moment I am having wonderful luck with Maybelline's Pure Makeup. Good luck!

Guest funky_monkey

mineral makeup breaks the cycle of zits. I wish I heard of it years ago. My skin is significantly better.

Oil free Almay and max Factor used to break me out, despite their claims.

Guest yahyah

Personally i'd stick with the make-up you always used pre-acne. Before I started the regimen I would try every other foundation brand/type to conceal my acne better, or try to 'look better' or to irritate it less. Whilst changing that, I tried every OTC cleaning face product etc. The regimen cleared me up, and in 'keeping everything simple' I'm back using the exact same makeup I always used pre-acne. Wish i'd never experimented with makeup or OTC products in the first place. Are you on the regimen? Also, which moisturiser do you use?

Guest funky_monkey

what's the point? her skin is different now.

Personally i'd stick with the make-up you always used pre-acne. Before I started the regimen I would try every other foundation brand/type to conceal my acne better, or try to 'look better' or to irritate it less. Whilst changing that, I tried every OTC cleaning face product etc. The regimen cleared me up, and in 'keeping everything simple' I'm back using the exact same makeup I always used pre-acne. Wish i'd never experimented with makeup or OTC products in the first place. Are you on the regimen? Also, which moisturiser do you use?

I use Proactive repairing lotion at night and Arbonne Day Creme during the day. I have just started the regimen recently because I am frustrated with expensive skin care that only works at first and then just stops so I'm crossing my fingers and being patient. All through my teens I have never had to worry about acne until 2 years ago so I'm kindda frustrated. Ever since I've visited this web site I have more hope. But I'm concerned about the make-up I use.

Almay Clear Complexion.

I am currently using Almay Clear Complexion makeup it's supposed to heal bleamishes

I used cover girl for awhile without breaking out at all. This was when I had no acne and nearly perfect skin, so I used their tinted moisturizer because I saw no point in spending lots of money on foundation I barely needed. The coverage is minimal but it did nothing harmful to my skin.

It really depends on your skin type which foundation you should use. If you have oily skin I recommend merle norman aqua base. I've used it for awhile and on oily days if I moisturize well it looks great -- I'm looking for something else but that's only because I think my skin's gotten too dry for it. It has zinc oxide which calms your skin and protects from the sun, and the coverage is great. It's not too expensive either. I've used the maybelline pure makeup and it made me flake and looked powdery on me, plus the coverage was pretty low, but it probably won't make you break out so you could try it if you're super-oily.