Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TriN

how to stop swelling?

i got this zit between my eyes thats heating up and swelling, seems like its turning more red when i put ice on it....its swelled to the size of a nickel...

ouch... :(({|=

Don't think there's any way short of seeing a doc. Anti-inflammatories like advil/tylenol are supposed to help but not sure how much.

yea its a bit better today but yesterday my brother said it looked like an extra nose between my eyes...he pointed at me and couldnt stop laughing so I gave him a huge bruise on his leg (gave him a girly kick) lol... he so deserved that..he made me cry cause i didnt think it looked that horrible

:(

I find that when I feel a big, deep zit comming on, it's about 1000 times more bearable if I leave it alone as much as possible. I gently wash the area and put bp on it, but I really try not to touch it or put ice or anything else on it. That way, it might swell up, but it won't be very red, which is really the most noticeable thing. You should try this. It won't make your zit go away, but it might make it more bearable. By the way, ice MIGHT reduce the swelling, but it will make the area more red.

Your brother's being a total butthead. I totally sympathise, because I've gotten similar remarks from my sister. Siblings can be really cruel sometimes.

Trin, I totally feel for you because I tend to get them right there too! And it's so embarassing because I work in a salon and everyone sees...

Gah! Anywhos..I find that if you dab some saline solution on the spot with a cottonball it helps to reduce it faster. I think the salt in the solution dries it up faster. I dunno if it'll work for you, but you could try if you want. Good Luck!! O:)

Ahhh! I get them in the same place.. it's a real bummer, and they hurt #-o . Just wait it out.. You could try warm salt water.. ?