Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wickedsensitivecrew

17th B-day today, good day to start?

Just popped in my first 40mg of Amnesteen a few minutes ago and im pretty psyched about it. I've suffered acne for 3 years and just in the last year has it turned cystic. So I will be letting you guys know whats up and whats going on with me while I take this. Wish me luck! I dont know if i'll be able to update every day though, probably every 3 days or so.

Hey! Good to hear that someone else is starting at the same time as I am. I'm also 17, happybirthday, but I'm about 10 months older. I'm also using amnesteen and popped in my first 40mg pill earlier today. Except after today I'm going to be taking two a day to make it 80mg. Good luck on your clearing. It will be good for us to compare our progress I'm sure. Have fun, lol!

Happy 17th Birthday! I am on day 31 of Amnesteem and doing well. You will be so glad you went on it. Many of us are finding that the side effects aren't anything as bad as everyone says. I wish I had started at 17...I am now 34 and wishing I hadn't waited so long! My acne has been persistent more than severe, but still gross and no fun. Wish you luck!!

Day 1

Well day 1 is over and done with and theres really nothing to report. Except for the fact that my face has become a little dryer than usual and my lips are becoming a little chapped. I dont know if this is because of the cold weather or the accutane but I just will have to wait and see. So yea I guess ill go pop in the 2nd pill and hope for the best. Thanks again for all of your guys's support, ill let you all know what happens! :)

Day 1

Well day 1 is over and done with and theres really nothing to report.

Trust us, you will have lots to report in the near future, such as... "hey my face is clear!"

haha.

good luck to you bud.

Day 2

All right! Day 2 is done and over with. I woke up with morning though with 2 new whiteheads on my chin, and a huge whitehead on my jawline. My face and lips are becoming dryer and flakier. Also the acne on my back is becoming itchier... I guess. Thats it so far, ill check back later!

Day 2

All right! Day 2 is done and over with. I woke up with morning though with 2 new whiteheads on my chin, and a huge whitehead on my jawline. My face and lips are becoming dryer and flakier. Also the acne on my back is becoming itchier... I guess. Thats it so far, ill check back later!

Well I'm right behind you. I started accutane today, 40mgs twice a day. I am fearing that initial breakout but for now slightly dry lips is all i am noticing. Good luck to you (and me!!)

A-

Hey, it looks like the 3 of us are all starting at the same time. I"m taking 40mg twice a day too. I think that my back is starting to get itchy also. Ya, that's about it for now. Good luck to the both of you.

nice to meet you both!! Well, I just got up so today is the beginning of day two for me. I have had a slight headache all night and it is still with me. I wonder if it is the accutane or is it me trying too hard to find side effects? Great news is that I have had one cyst for 3 months and today it is not as big as usual, that has got to be the medication. My cysts hang around so damn long I can name them and celebrate their birthdays. God how I wish I could fast forward time to week 15 or so..lol. Well I will definetely be updating on hear if not daily, every couple of days. Until next time.....ciao!!

PS--Did your dermatologists take you off of all topical meds?? Mine said nothing on my face but moisturizer. Which moisturizers are you both using????

Ya, I was told to stop using any acne medication I was on. I just started using cetaphil, but since my face hasn't been dry since starting I can't say how well it is working. Before when I was using topical stuff it was drying out my face a lot and this Nivea sensitive moisturizer really helped so if cetaphil doesnt work I will go back to that one.

Well here goes pill #2 on day #2....I have a bunch of tiny little pimples all over my jawline and chin...ewww this is not going to be pretty. Oh the price we pay for beauty!!! I hope these 20 weeks go really really fast.

A-

Ya, I was told to stop using any acne medication I was on. I just started using cetaphil, but since my face hasn't been dry since starting I can't say how well it is working. Before when I was using topical stuff it was drying out my face a lot and this Nivea sensitive moisturizer really helped so if cetaphil doesnt work I will go back to that one.

but it will all be worth it in the long run! :dance:

Day 3

Day 3 is over and some stuff to report. It seems that accutane is really shortening the life of my acne pretty nicely. Also it seems like I get pissed off over the littlest things now lol. This is kind of embarassing to say but just this morning I was playing Fight Night Round 3 and I lost a match and for some reason threw the controller across the room. After a couple of minutes of calming down, I looked back at what I did and didnt really know the real reason why I did it. Oh well I guess ill just have to really control myself.

well looks like we are all starting at the same time! today is my second day, nothing too much to report, got that itching back feeling too though, like when i move to a certain position it kinda feels sunburned. headache last night kept me up for a while too.

DUDE!! I rented Fight Night Round 3 earlier this week! It's a great game, but just like round 2. I played fight night last night online and beat some kid and I'm sure he was pissed, hope that wasn't you. haha. Just thought I should add that in there. Later

DUDE!! I rented Fight Night Round 3 earlier this week! It's a great game, but just like round 2. I played fight night last night online and beat some kid and I'm sure he was pissed, hope that wasn't you. haha. Just thought I should add that in there. Later

ah no i dont think so lol, it was this morning

and hardcore that sunburned feeling is exactly what im feeling

Day 5

Ugh freaking initial is here. This morning I woke up with so many new white heads and there are 2 new cysts forming on my forehead. One of the whiteheads was THE biggest whitehead/zit i have ever seen on my face in my entire life. It was amazingly huge, so I just had to pop it seeing as though I would totally not be seen in public with that shit on my face. Other than that my face and lips have become really really dry. I'm having a few back pains/cramps and my knuckles also seem to hurt a little more than usual.