Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arigot

Is there a risk in adding more than the "full dose" of BP?

I put some on my cheeks (my main problem area) first, and then add to the rest of my face, and afterwards I add some more to my cheeks again.

I know it says that the more BP you can use, the better, but I'm wondering if this could cause too much irritation, or would it actually be useful?

I always added extra BP on my problem areas. I would actually dab it and leave a white blotch there. It seemed to cause my acne to clear much faster. There will probably be more redness and dryness associated with that, though.

My rule is when in doubt use more. If I'm coming up on something where I need to 100% know that I need to be 100% perfect I will up my dosage the week prior. The dryness gets a bit much so it's probably not a good thing long term to use too much, but short term it's a nice safety net for me. If I'm loadin' it on and at the same time staying super gentle I can pretty much guarantee I'll be lookin' perf.