cystic?

MemberMember
(@postfetalphase)

Posted : 02/22/2006 9:18 pm

sometimes I get acne that is like a lump in my skin... like instead of a bump ON my skin it's IN my skin. They get very sore and if I run my fingers over it gently I can feel a bump on my skin but it's not the zit itself but the skin being pushed up by the zit deeper down, like in my dermis or something. They're not really visually noticeable. I get these from time to time on my chin, and sometimes on my back/shoulders... they're virtually unpoppable, although sometimes I try to dig them out. Also, if I am straining, like lifting something heavy, they kind of throb and get real sore. Is this cystic acne?

MemberMember
(@peace-of-mind)

Posted : 02/22/2006 9:38 pm

I think cystic is pretty damn noticable visually. I got a couple kinda like what you're describing. lol. They don't throb but start itching sometimes. And they're definately visible.

MemberMember
(@spezza)

Posted : 02/22/2006 10:00 pm

Yep, that is a cyst. If you are lucky you get them in places were they aren't noticeable. Try getting one under your eye.

MemberMember
(@ac3)

Posted : 02/22/2006 11:49 pm

Yep, that is a cyst. If you are lucky you get them in places were they aren't noticeable. Try getting one under your eye.

i thought its impossible to get cysts directly under your eye.. theres no oil production there

MemberMember
(@spezza)

Posted : 02/23/2006 1:38 am

i thought its impossible to get cysts directly under your eye.. theres no oil production there

Sorry, should have been a little more detailed. On the top of your cheek bone, under the corner of your eye. Damn, that place can swell up so bad... it'll look like you got knocked out.

Zippo2015 liked
MemberMember
(@rache)

Posted : 02/23/2006 1:44 am

Sorry, should have been a little more detailed. On the top of your cheek bone, under the corner of your eye. Damn, that place can swell up so bad... it'll look like you got knocked out.

*Sigh* thats where I got one..luckily its small..for now *crosses fingers*

Do you know why cysts develop??..they do hurt..but I am hoping that its just a angrey papule one..because it had a small white/ yellowish head on it, but now its back to a lump..is that cystic acne?..

MemberMember
(@rsxboi)

Posted : 02/23/2006 6:34 am

Try getting them on the side of your nose!....HOLY Shit they get huge.

I have like 5 Cysts on my face as we speak :(

MemberMember
(@leopardskinny)

Posted : 02/23/2006 3:00 pm

^ Yeah I hate cysts so much. Although Ive been lucky in the way of cysts recently, I had two actually in the crease of skin where your nose joins your cheek- and what can I say but OUCH! I think the worst place I ever got a cyst was at the side of my mouth. That was sore.

MemberMember
(@rsxboi)

Posted : 02/23/2006 3:40 pm

I just Iced teh shit out of my Cysts lol. I hope there was a way to just Freeze the fuckers and have the infection DIE!.

MemberMember
(@spezza)

Posted : 02/23/2006 4:02 pm

Icing them isn't good. Well depends on how you ice it, but you can damage the skin cell surrounding the cyst and cause further inflamation. I always put heat on them. That increases blood flow bringing the infection to the surface, and taking waste away from the infection.

leopardskinny, I always got infections on the fold of my nose. Both sides of my nose are destroyed because I basically lived several years with a constant cyst on either side (nobody ever suggested to me to see a doctor). Now all I have there is scar tissue, it sucks.

MemberMember
(@rsxboi)

Posted : 02/24/2006 2:55 am

So you suggest applying a warm Cloth? I never tried that before.

MemberMember
(@spezza)

Posted : 02/24/2006 5:02 pm

So you suggest applying a warm Cloth? I never tried that before.

lol. I generally hold a warm (not fresh) cup of coffee/tea to the area. Or if you have a hot water bag thingy. Its good to do before bed or something. Gets blood flow to the area.

MemberMember
(@kelly7219)

Posted : 02/24/2006 7:19 pm

That's a cyst. That is all I've ever gotten...no white heads or anything to pop. They are impossible to pop they are really deep and painful. They feel like a grape or pea deep under the skin. They take a long time to go down and then they will reappear in the same spot. I've just starting my 4th month of accutane for my cystic acne. It has been wonderful for me. I was completely clear after the 2nd month. My skin is incredible right now. I've had no side effects. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@mascaraguts)

Posted : 02/24/2006 7:21 pm

Yeah thats most likely a cyst.

No like I want them, but they can stay under my skin for all I care. As long as they don't come out.

MemberMember
(@neptunes5thmoon)

Posted : 02/25/2006 12:09 pm

postfetalphase: Yep - sounds like a cyst. I've had decent luck (while not on Accutane) with Cortizone injections - from a dermotologist. The injection can have side effects but *usually* does reduce the cyst pretty quickly and reduce scarring a lot. I've had tons of 'em, practically everywhere on my face you can get 'em so I feel your pain. Hang in there, don't squeeze it since that'll make it worse and see a dermo if you can...

MemberMember
(@accme)

Posted : 02/25/2006 8:46 pm

I got 4 cysts at once after I tried to put some Vaseline lotion and had a reaction

Now that sucked. Cysts are under the skin. on your forehead and you get a headache

MemberMember
(@gwapito)

Posted : 02/26/2006 11:28 am

I have 15 cystic acne on under my cheek and on my jaws, 4 of them are already ripe and 8 of them are pretty huge but really just like bumps on my face and not so visible until the puss arrives... Yahoo... It's like waiting for a surprise.

And with lots of comedones on that area, I think my pimples have a pretty bright future in that area.

I should be getting accutane now but since It's expensive here in my country and the treatments I am getting are already making me broke... Uhm, accutane is not a good option for me right now... Knowing I could get depressed and all...

MemberMember
(@sadman)

Posted : 02/27/2006 2:43 am

i have a bump IN my skin too but it doesn't hurt and it isn't red. what the hell is this? :( it doesn't hurt as well when i run my fingers through it.

do i need a cortisone shot? but i think there's nothing to inject! but there is a bump! :((

MemberMember
(@whitershadeofpale)

Posted : 02/28/2006 10:49 am

I got a huge one under my eye recently, and I looked like the Frickin Phantom of the Opera!

MemberMember
(@rocky)

Posted : 02/28/2006 11:34 am

Had one the size of a dime since December. Totally ruined Christmas and New Years as it hurt like hell cuz my glasses' nose pad was rubbing against it. And it's still on my nose, though not as swallon since I got retarded and decided to lance it. Squeezed a crap load of blood and clear liquid out. But it's still a hard bump and red like the flames of hell.

Would antibiotics do anything since it's been 2 months since the outbreak? Retin A just makes it redder. I was hoping it would help make the skin crust over and fade it....T_T

MemberMember
(@labgirl81)

Posted : 02/28/2006 11:34 am

I'm off to get one injected today. It right in the middle of my right cheek. I have a bridal shower to attend (and I'm the maid of honor) on sunday, and it better be gone by then. I don't get that many luckily, maybe one or two every couple months, but they really suck because they just don't ever go away......

MemberMember
(@kjenkins)

Posted : 02/28/2006 11:38 am

I had mild cystic acne and my doctor put me on accutane. Now I have raging cystic acne. Has anyone gotten considerably worse after 3 months of accutane? You really couldn't notice mine before tane but not that are completely visible!

MemberMember
(@techwarrior)

Posted : 03/14/2006 5:17 pm

Try getting them on the side of your nose!....HOLY Shit they get huge.

I have like 5 Cysts on my face as we speak :(

I have exactly what your talking about RSXBOI, I Have had this giant cyst on the side of my nose now for months AGHRH, next stop accutane, thank god

MemberMember
(@bradlee)

Posted : 03/14/2006 5:22 pm

I have some kind of bump on the side of my mouth on my upper lip -- but its doesnt really hurt.. its just kinda there - its been there for over 2 months now and its just sitting there .. no increased redness or anything.. just a slightly more reddish bump on my lip.. really strange and ANNOYYINGG!

what do you all think this is?

MemberMember
(@streamofconsciousness)

Posted : 07/15/2019 7:06 pm

Look up Hibiclens and see whether it may help. I had (painful) cystic acne for years and finally a brilliant nurse practitioner told me to try Hibiclens. Worked within a couple of days and has kept them away with a little swipe of the pink liquid each time I shower. I'm not a doctor, have no medical training, just want to spread the word about this miracle potion and how it worked/works on my skin. I checked 3 stores for best price, and everywhere it was $9.99 US, but has lasted me 18 months and I'm probably not halfway through it. I don't have a lot to keep at bay so it may not last as long except that once it clears up you might get by with every other or every third day's use. I really hope this works for more people.