Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been taking this antibiotic for quite some time. Does anyone have any experience with it? If so, did it help, and how long were you on it?

Right now I take 1 500mg pill twice a day. I thought its effect on me would die down by now, but my derm thinks otherwise. My doctor was surprised I had been on it for so long, and said that amoxicillin is prescribed pretty frequently throughout his office for non-acne purposes.

I've been taking this antibiotic for quite some time. Does anyone have any experience with it? If so, did it help, and how long were you on it?

Right now I take 1 500mg pill twice a day. I thought its effect on me would die down by now, but my derm thinks otherwise. My doctor was surprised I had been on it for so long, and said that amoxicillin is prescribed pretty frequently throughout his office for non-acne purposes.

I took that when I had strep throat, but never for acne if that's what you're asking..

I took that when I had strep throat, but never for acne if that's what you're asking..

Yeah, same, I was on it all the time as a little kid when I had chronic strep throat. It always gave me the worst yeast infections. I didn't know that derms prescribed it for acne treatment. I think I'd rather have mild acne than those horrible yeast infections, thank you very much.

Yeah, same, I was on it all the time as a little kid when I had chronic strep throat. It always gave me the worst yeast infections. I didn't know that derms prescribed it for acne treatment. I think I'd rather have mild acne than those horrible yeast infections, thank you very much.

I completely agree.....

i also agree, even though i'm a guy. :shades: yea now that i think about it, a friend of mine has the same strep-amox story as you all do. anyone else been prescribed it?

mi used to takle it when i had sore throat and its not for acne as far as im concerned. my 3 year old daughter has it for throat infections. i would ask for sojmething that actuallyt reats acne

Actually, I'm on it right now coupled with my OTC neutrogena spot treatment cream. I dont know the exact dosage of mine, just that I take it once a day. I used it over the summer after I stopped accutane (the accutane worked miraculously, but I had terrible mood swings and dangerously low triglyceride levels, so I had to get off it). Once my skin cleared up, I stopped using the amoxicillin, and I broke out terribly, the whole right side of my face. So, in December, I got back on amoicillin and my neutrogena stuff and my skin is looking phenomenal. I have maybe 1 or 2 actual zits on my face. However, I do have some red marks (the amoxicillin does not clear those up), so I think I might go on a low dose of accutane to try and clear them up. But yes, I've been on it for a steady 2 months now and it works really well.