Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is so crazy. My face is horrible, and I hate it. I'm all for fashion, and I love to dress and look good. I've always had clear skin. Very clear skin. A bad breakout for me use to be two small white heads in one week. However, 3 months ago, in about 3 days, face changed for what seems like is going to be forever. Within three days my face became horrible, absolutely horrible. To the point that even my mom said it looked like crap. The thing is I feel miserable. Mostly because for some reason I feel as if people are like "Look at that kid, why is he dressing so good when he has such bad acne." I know it's stupid, and sounds a little conceited, but that's how I feel. For two and a half months now, I've been on Benzaclin and 100mg of Doxycycline. It's done almost nothing. I have about 4 or 5 white heads right now, and the redmarks I have ARE horrible.

I never go anywhere anymore. I've turned down like 3 or 4 outings with friends, this past week alone. I just feel miserable. Here is what I look like now:

IPB Image

IPB Image

This was just 4 months ago:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Well that’s kind of harsh your mother telling you look like crap...Anyways fashion has nothing to do with physical attributes.... I mean a D & G (Dolce & Gabbana) shirt or skirt would look very appealing, even though the wearer had a few pimples... Fashion is one of the equalizers... :D

You have great style man. I think you should get a derm if you don't already have one, and see what they say. You don't have the worst acne in the world, but you have a right to treat it like the rest of us.

Until you find something that works, relax a bit... you look better then alot of us even with acne lol.

Guest Tenshi

how old are u? 15? i hope it doesn't get any worse. whatever u do, dont use acne cleansers and scrubs...be very gentle and maybe go on the regimen like someone said.. just use gentle products and the BP as medication.. u shouldn't stay in though because it looks really very mild..i understand how u feel though..but u will only have too much time on your hands to pick, squeeze, obsess and all those other things.. while going out will relieve the stress a bit..if u make it a big deal, so will others..but ur mum saying it was crap probably didnt mean u look like crap..just that its getting worse? but yeha, see a derm now.. do what most of would have liked to have done when we just started developing acne and get on it straight away..stay away from these harsh acne products..they are the devil.

Well thank you everyone for your advice. And you know, a lot of people think I'm 15, some think I'm younger, I'm actually almost 19 lol.

Those who mentioned a good regimen, mine is actually:

Morning:

Neutrogena Acne Cream Cleanser

100mg Doxycycline

Eucerin Skin Renewal Day Lotion (if I don't use it my skin is flaky)

Night:

Neutrogena Gentle Cleanser

100 mg Doxycycline

Benzaclin

Your skin looks good, it's not as bad as mine was.

Have you tried Jojoba oil? I'm using it now, and my face is almost 100% clear!

Just a suggestion, but I think you may be doing too much to your skin. I wouldn't use any harsh cleansers. I suggest you try Jojoba oil, it worked wonders for my face.

I know how you feel.

I'm just thankful I haven't had severe acne since a really young age, like a lot of people I've come across.

But mine is starting to clear up...I have pretty bad red marks, but using Dan's reigme is really working for me!! ^_^

bp is workin great for me too

it has cleared me up soooo much, i could had never imagined i could look like this

ur acne is not bad, its preeeetty mild, and yeah, BP would work great for you! =)